Around the NFL 2017

WizardHawk

Agree in Lawrence's time likely over in Dallas. He will find more money than he is worth on the open market, and will not get that from Dallas. Thats why I would happily look to shop him for Donald over offering Crawford. Lawrence is a good player overall, but inconsistent and really just shows a lack of effort sometimes.

He will get some fat contract after a 5 or 6 sack season just like the Giants paid Vernon, maybe not 80million and so close to Vernon, but close to it. If Vernon sets the market that high after 8 sacks and Lawrence has an 8 sack season to his credit, and puts out another 6 this yr, his market will already be far too high for this team.

To be fair, it isnt like he is lining up against the premier pass rushers on the edges. But yes, for an athletic guard who can maul the best of run stuffers, he has great mechanics in pass protection and has held his own against some of the best inside rushers the league has.

On 9/1/2017 at 3:58 PM, Matts4313 said:

If he ask for that he will be a 5 year rental and a 3rd round comp pick. 

By the time Zeke's contract is set to expire, $20MM a year for a RB may seem like a bargain. 

29 minutes ago, Desperado82 said:

By the time Zeke's contract is set to expire, $20MM a year for a RB may seem like a bargain. 

Unlikely. Peterson signed for ~$13M/yr in 2011 and no RB has even come close to that despite the skyrocketing salary cap. No telling what the league landscape will be in 2021 with new TV deals and a new CBA, but I kinda doubt we'll ever see a $20M/yr running back.

Just now, matt79511 said:

Unlikely. Peterson signed for ~$13M/yr in 2011 and no RB has even come close to that despite the skyrocketing salary cap. No telling what the league landscape will be in 2021 with new TV deals and a new CBA, but I kinda doubt we'll ever see a $20M/yr running back.

The RB position had seen a decline...but we've now had what, three straight years where a RB was drafted top five? I think we'll see a resurgence in the ground game and a higher premium placed on having a durable workhorse. 

Archived