Should the Giants have accepted the Jets offer for #2?

Acgott

22 hours ago, w4rrior723 said:

The #2 pick will only continue to increase in value as we get closer to the draft. 

Depends on how much the Bills, Broncos, or Cardinals value getting a QB. Listening to Giants fans, I get the impression that the QBs aren't that good, and not worth taking. 

3 hours ago, Ohbeejay said:

Depends on how much the Bills, Broncos, or Cardinals value getting a QB. Listening to Giants fans, I get the impression that the QBs aren't that good, and not worth taking. 

They aren't. But desperation is a hell of a thing. 

16 hours ago, minutemancl said:

They aren't. But desperation is a hell of a thing. 

I am definitely not an evaluator but I don't think they are definitely a weak class. I mean, we're talking about 4 of them going in the first five picks potentially. The Jets already moved up to make sure they get one of them. I think Darnold is tarnished by the "USC QB" stigma and people are overreacting to Rosen's "attitude problems". The injuries are definitely a cause for concern but I'm not so concerned about the concussions. There are a ton of measures in place to protect a QB. The odds of a concussion derailing a career are probably lowest for QBs. 

I can understand not being sold on Josh Allen but then again, Carson Wentz came out of nowhere and was only highly rated based on his physical traits. There are concerns with all of them but they are being discussed because they have huge positives. 

The report is that we value Darnold and Darnold only, however it seems that the Browns also like Darnold the most.  Maybe we hold the pick until draft day and see if the Browns screw up at the last minute?  They really don't have any reason to set a smoke screen, unless they're trying to entice someone into trading up to 1 for darnold?  I think the real question is, once Darnold goes number 1, how desperate will the Bills, Broncos or Cards be to trade up to the second pick.  And can we get a 2019 first rounder to move down.  If the answer is yes then I think we should move down.  

On a personal note, I'd be EXTREMELY intrigued to see the Giants draft Josh Allen.  Just think he's the perfect candidate to sit behind Eli for a year or two.  

1 hour ago, Gmen19851 said:

The report is that we value Darnold and Darnold only, however it seems that the Browns also like Darnold the most.  Maybe we hold the pick until draft day and see if the Browns screw up at the last minute?  They really don't have any reason to set a smoke screen, unless they're trying to entice someone into trading up to 1 for darnold?  I think the real question is, once Darnold goes number 1, how desperate will the Bills, Broncos or Cards be to trade up to the second pick.  And can we get a 2019 first rounder to move down.  If the answer is yes then I think we should move down.  

On a personal note, I'd be EXTREMELY intrigued to see the Giants draft Josh Allen.  Just think he's the perfect candidate to sit behind Eli for a year or two.  

I don't understand why Josh Allen is liked more than Lamar Jackson. He does nothing better than Jackson throwing the ball a tad farther. 

Archived