2018 Depth Chart...How do you see it?

Humble_Beast

6 hours ago, Rolni said:

That DT spot is pretty crowded so Mario has to step it up. He played trully well only as a rookie, which is in the past now...he needs to show that he is dedicated and he needs to show that he is better then the rookies. Hall and Hurst will make the team almost for sure. Jelly is a lock with the extension IMO...he is the only true NT under 30 too...

Vanderdoes, Hester also showed some potential as rookies, so Mario needa to hold them off too...

Last year he was better vs the run, but if he can't show pass rush potentian even Rubin can take him over as a run defender.

Carradine, Forster looks like a strong duo behind Mack and Irvin at DE too...then you still have the cheap Brown in the mix...

Edwards really has to show up

Mario is a better edge player than Carradine IMO. I don't know if he'll for sure stick, but he's never had the opportunity to work with a DL coach like Trgovac and I think he could be impactful if he can play some base end and slide inside on pass downs, provided he can be coached up and put in the right positions to succeed.

6 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Mario is a better edge player than Carradine IMO. I don't know if he'll for sure stick, but he's never had the opportunity to work with a DL coach like Trgovac and I think he could be impactful if he can play some base end and slide inside on pass downs, provided he can be coached up and put in the right positions to succeed.

But he hasn't played DE in the offseason, he was the 1st team 3T.

I think they carry 9 DL on the roster. Mack, Irvin, Key, Carradine, Ellis, Hall and Hurst will make it. That leaves 2 spots open for the other guys.

22 hours ago, oakdb36 said:

But he hasn't played DE in the offseason, he was the 1st team 3T.

I think they carry 9 DL on the roster. Mack, Irvin, Key, Carradine, Ellis, Hall and Hurst will make it. That leaves 2 spots open for the other guys.

I'm aware, but I can see him flexing out there as well.

• 2 weeks later...

My 53

QB: Carr, Manuel

RB: Lynch, Martin, Richard, Washington

FB:  K Smith

WR: Cooper, Bryant, Switzer

WR: Nelson, Roberts

TE: Cook, L Smith, Carrier

OT: Penn, Miller, Parker, Giacomini

OG: KO, Jackson, Sharpe

C: Hudson, Feliciano

DE/Edge: Mack, Edwards, Tank, Key, Rucker, 

DT: Ellis, Hall, Vanderdoes , Hurst

OLB: Irvin, Whitehead, Morrow, LamurWilber, 

MLB: DJ, Lee

CB: Melvin, Worley , 

CB: Conely, NelsonWright

S: Joseph, Obi, Gilchrist, Nelson (but could be Luani)

K/P/LS:  Pineiro/Townsend , DePaola

Suspended: Alexander, Kirkland will be on the 53 until Alexander is back but the 'cut' will depend on rookies and  Giaconini's play. If 'G' never sees field because rooks are looking good then he's the cut and either keep Kirkland or S Luani and cut G and K.

• 3 weeks later...

my projected 53 man roster prior to preseason

QB: Carr, Manuel (2)

RB:  Lynch, K Smith, Martin, Ricard (4)

WR: Cooper, Nelson, Bryant, Switzer, Ateman, Holton (6)

TE: Cook, L Smith, Carrier (3)

T: Penn, Beno, Kolton, Parker (4)

G: KO, Jackson, Sharpe, Kirkland (4)

C: Hudson, Feliciano (2) 

(25)

DE: Irvin, Edwards, Key, Tank, Rucker (5)

DT: Ellis, Hurst, Hester, Rubin (4)

OLB: Whitehead, Morrow, Lamur, Wilber (4)

MLB: DJ, Victor (2) 

CB: Melvin, Conely, Worley, Nelson, Hall (5)

S: Joseph, Gilchrist, Obi, Nelson (4)

(24)

K/P/LS: Pineiro, Townsend, Depaola

(3)

Holdout: Mack

PUP: Vanderdoes, Hall

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/8/6/17658352/first-raiders-depth-chart-of-2018-is-released-observations

1st depth chart released today: Players who been on the team or NFL on the outside looking in: 

• Deandre Washington
  • Denver Kirkland
  • Froster Rucker
  • Aytyba Rubin
  • Treyvon Hester
  • Shilique Calhoun 
  • Dexter Mcdonald
  • James Cowser
  • Shalom Luani

yikes Obi still listed as 3rd stringer

51 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think Gruden might just cut Vanderdoes and Obi if they don't proved themselves this month

Vanderdoes is barely 8 months removed from a torn ACL and has yet to practice. How is he supposed to prove himself? In all likelihood he'll be stashed on IR

5 minutes ago, StocktonSav said:

Vanderdoes is barely 8 months removed from a torn ACL and has yet to practice. How is he supposed to prove himself? In all likelihood he'll be stashed on IR

I would keep him, but Gruden has his starters in Edwards and Ellis and drafted two DTS

Archived