2018 Depth Chart...How do you see it?

Humble_Beast

Anyone else think it's possible Edwards gets cut or traded? I found it strange he played so much last week given he's been labeled a starter for all of training camp. When coaching staffs do that it seems to be a ploy to drum up trade interest. Assuming no one trades for him, and why would anyone beyond a low round pick, does he make the 53? He was invisible out there against fringe players and it presents an issue with other more deserving young players in Calhoun and Brown.

Would a DL of 5 DEs and only 3 DTs work to keep those guys. Given that Carradine can play 3T on passing downs when needed. IE

DE : Carradine, Irvin, Key, Calhoun, Brown

DT: Ellis, Hurst, Hall

1 hour ago, StocktonSav said:

Anyone else think it's possible Edwards gets cut or traded? I found it strange he played so much last week given he's been labeled a starter for all of training camp. When coaching staffs do that it seems to be a ploy to drum up trade interest. Assuming no one trades for him, and why would anyone beyond a low round pick, does he make the 53? He was invisible out there against fringe players and it presents an issue with other more deserving young players in Calhoun and Brown.

Would a DL of 5 DEs and only 3 DTs work to keep those guys. Given that Carradine can play 3T on passing downs when needed. IE

DE : Carradine, Irvin, Key, Calhoun, Brown

DT: Ellis, Hurst, Hall

I could see Edwards being traded/cut but I think we would add Hester to the roster. Guenther likes to rotate his linemen so I could us taking 9 DL 6LB (especially as Irvin  can play LB) and 10 DBs. 

my 53 post preseason

Offense

QB: Carr, Manuel (2)

RB: Lynch, Martin, Richard, Warren (4)

FB: K Smith (1)

WR: Cooper, Bryant, Holton (3)

WR: Nelson, Hatcher, Harris (3)

TE: Cook, L Smith, Carrier (3)

T: Miller, Penn, Kirkland, Ware (4)

G: KO, Jackson, Sharpe (3)

C: Hudson, Feliciano (2)

(25)

Defense

DE: Irvin, Tank, Key, Brown, Calhoun (5)

DT: Hurst, Edwards, Hurst, Hall, Hester (5)

OLB: Whitehead, Lamur, Morrow, Cowser (4)

MLB: Lee, DJ (2)

CB: Melvin, Conely, Nelson, DRC, Wright (5)

S: Gilchrist, Joseph, Nelson, Harris(4)

(25)

K/P/LS: Pineiro, Townsend, DePaola

(3)

Hold out: Mack

IR: Washington, B Parker, Obi, Rubin, Mitchel

PUP: Vanderdoes

Suspended: Worley

Practice Squad: 

MLB- Cabinda

WR- Ateman

LB- Victor

G- Simmons

TE- P Butler

RB- J Butler

S- Luani

WR- Blacknall

T- Silberman

QB Cook

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Some serious tea. According to vic tafur, DRC has passed melvin for a starting corner spot... That's crazy. I was very high on Melvin coming into this year... Wait and see I guess. Maybe it's a positive in that DRC is showing out.

Where did you see that? I'm not finding that anywhere. Only thing I saw was Gruden saying don't read too much into Melvin playing as he learns new system. Playing 4th game isn't a good sign for a starter though, so maybe Tafur is reading between the lines (and the coach speak).

46 minutes ago, justwinbaby81 said:

Where did you see that? I'm not finding that anywhere. Only thing I saw was Gruden saying don't read too much into Melvin playing as he learns new system. Playing 4th game isn't a good sign for a starter though, so maybe Tafur is reading between the lines (and the coach speak).

The athletic. I'll quote tomorrow. He said "we're told".

3 hours ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

Some serious tea. According to vic tafur, DRC has passed melvin for a starting corner spot... That's crazy. I was very high on Melvin coming into this year... Wait and see I guess. Maybe it's a positive in that DRC is showing out.

I never understood the Melvin love personally. Journeyman career, played a good 10 game stretch for a bad Colts defense and got injured. FA market didn't really buy in off the 10 games as he had to settle for a 1 year contract. He talks big, but he was clearly the CB exposed in preseason among the first unit. 

That said, I feel like DRC was insurance for Worley likely getting a 4 game suspension. 

18 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

my 53 post preseason

Offense

QB: Carr, Manuel (2)

RB: Lynch, Martin, Richard, Warren (4)

FB: K Smith (1)

WR: Cooper, Bryant, Holton (3)

WR: Nelson, Hatcher, Harris (3)

TE: Cook, L Smith, Carrier (3)

T: Miller, Penn, Kirkland, Ware (4)

G: KO, Jackson, Sharpe (3)

C: Hudson, Feliciano (2)

(25)

Defense

DE: Irvin, Tank, Key, Brown, Calhoun (5)

DT: Hurst, Edwards, Hurst, Hall, Hester (5)

OLB: Whitehead, Lamur, Morrow, Cowser (4)

MLB: Lee, DJ (2)

CB: Melvin, Conely, Nelson, DRC, Wright (5)

S: Gilchrist, Joseph, Nelson, Harris(4)

(25)

K/P/LS: Pineiro, Townsend, DePaola

(3)

Hold out: Mack

IR: Washington, B Parker, Obi, Rubin, Mitchel

PUP: Vanderdoes

Suspended: Worley

Practice Squad: 

MLB- Cabinda

WR- Ateman

LB- Victor