Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Humble_Beast

2018 Depth Chart...How do you see it?

Recommended Posts

Two guys that I will keep my eye on this offseason are RB Elijah Hood and TE Pharaoh Brown.

I think Hood can be used as a short yardage back in jumbo packages with a FB or as a FB himself at times. I know we have Beastmode but it looks like he will shoulder a heavy load this year so it makes sense to use our other specialty backs to their strengths. As always. Training and preseason will be big for him as a fringe player last year.

Brown may need one more year on the PS but he has a chance to show the coaches he can play. His competition is Carrier and Baugh so he will have to prove he can play HB and be an inline blocker (which I'm not sure about) but he definitely can fill the receiver role.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Two guys that I will keep my eye on this offseason are RB Elijah Hood and TE Pharaoh Brown.

I think Hood can be used as a short yardage back in jumbo packages with a FB or as a FB himself at times. I know we have Beastmode but it looks like he will shoulder a heavy load this year so it makes sense to use our other specialty backs to their strengths. As always. Training and preseason will be big for him as a fringe player last year.

Brown may need one more year on the PS but he has a chance to show the coaches he can play. His competition is Carrier and Baugh so he will have to prove he can play HB and be an inline blocker (which I'm not sure about) but he definitely can fill the receiver role.

Hood is won't make it out of camp. He's slow doesn't run behind his pads, has no ability create for himself. He couldn't even get reps in preseason last year. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Hood is won't make it out of camp. He's slow doesn't run behind his pads, has no ability create for himself. He couldn't even get reps in preseason last year. 

 

What are the lottery #s coming up?

Part of being on the Practice squad is improving your game. So learning correct pad level is on par with that. And yes, he is slower that other RBs but that is why I said he could be a short yardage option with his bulk and run style IF he proves it in camp and preseason.

If he does get cut that means we got someone better and that is fine with me. Right now he is on the roster and I hope he improved from his college tape and can produce as long as he is.

Go spew that garbage some where else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

What are the lottery #s coming up?

Part of being on the Practice squad is improving your game. So learning correct pad level is on par with that. And yes, he is slower that other RBs but that is why I said he could be a short yardage option with his bulk and run style IF he proves it in camp and preseason.

If he does get cut that means we got someone better and that is fine with me. Right now he is on the roster and I hope he improved from his college tape and can produce as long as he is.

Go spew that garbage some where else.

Getting pretty defensive there.....

It's called the eye test. If you're "keeping your eyes open", you'd notice he's got nothing special as far as talent goes. Never was in college. You're suggesting giving a roster spot to a short yardage back when you have Lunch and Gruden who loves full backs in those roles. 

Hoods odds of making the roster are literally next to nothing.... he's not even worth discussing. Best, he makes the PS another year

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Getting pretty defensive there.....

It's called the eye test. If you're "keeping your eyes open", you'd notice he's got nothing special as far as talent goes. Never was in college. You're suggesting giving a roster spot to a short yardage back when you have Lunch and Gruden who loves full backs in those roles. 

Hoods odds of making the roster are literally next to nothing.... he's not even worth discussing. Best, he makes the PS another year

 

Any tape you watched of him was from the 2016 college season or under 10 snaps in the 2017 preseason. Like I said, hopefully he improved and can be used in a specific role. If we find a better option than I'm ok there as well.

And telling you to spew you brand of trash somewhere else isn't defensive, it's warranted when you're obviously baiting in response to a quite measured "keep an eye on" post.

 

Edited by NightTrainLane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Two guys that I will keep my eye on this offseason are RB Elijah Hood and TE Pharaoh Brown.

I think Hood can be used as a short yardage back in jumbo packages with a FB or as a FB himself at times. I know we have Beastmode but it looks like he will shoulder a heavy load this year so it makes sense to use our other specialty backs to their strengths. As always. Training and preseason will be big for him as a fringe player last year.

Brown may need one more year on the PS but he has a chance to show the coaches he can play. His competition is Carrier and Baugh so he will have to prove he can play HB and be an inline blocker (which I'm not sure about) but he definitely can fill the receiver role.

I will as well. Ultimately both will need to prove useful on ST to stick around tho

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

Two guys that I will keep my eye on this offseason are RB Elijah Hood and TE Pharaoh Brown.

I think Hood can be used as a short yardage back in jumbo packages with a FB or as a FB himself at times. I know we have Beastmode but it looks like he will shoulder a heavy load this year so it makes sense to use our other specialty backs to their strengths. As always. Training and preseason will be big for him as a fringe player last year.

Brown may need one more year on the PS but he has a chance to show the coaches he can play. His competition is Carrier and Baugh so he will have to prove he can play HB and be an inline blocker (which I'm not sure about) but he definitely can fill the receiver role.

Hood was in Del Rio doghouse, wonder if he bounces back this year. All these Tar Heels Swizter and Elijah..... I remember think Pharoah Brown was going to be the next great TE in college but injuries.... he should change his number, 81 should be retired

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I think I have a better shot at making the Roster over Elijah Hood...

I don't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, StocktonSav said:

I will as well. Ultimately both will need to prove useful on ST to stick around tho

Totally agree. That is what end of roster guys need to do. I want to be clear that I'm not being rah rah for them or anything. Just looked around the roster and those are guys that could play a role if they elevate their play and have developed.

1 hour ago, Humble_Beast said:

Hood was in Del Rio doghouse, wonder if he bounces back this year. All these Tar Heels Swizter and Elijah..... I remember think Pharoah Brown was going to be the next great TE in college but injuries.... he should change his number, 81 should be retired

Yeah 81 hasn't been too good to TEs for us recently.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

There's a lot of haters but a brief of the moves:

  • Revamped the cornerbacks- Melvin, Worley, Nelson
  • Revamped the DTs- Hurst, Hall
  • Revamped the wideouts- Bryant, Nelson, Switzer, Ateman
  • Revamped the tackles - Kolton, Parker
  • Signed two solid starters on defense- Whitehead, Gilchrist
  • signed a former all pro for cheap depth- Martin
  • brought in additional pass rushers: Hurst, Hall, Tank, Key
  • singed a borderline hall of famer to help the defense short term - Derrick Johnson
  • off injured Mario Edwards back- Tank who replaces Autry for cheaper
  • resigned a proven QB#2- EJ Manuel
  • LB depth is improved(Lamur, Wilburn)
  • revamped the special teams unit(Pineiro, Townsend, Depaulo, Wilburn)
  • 9 rookies incoming, plus Obi and Conely who didn't play in 2017, and signed the best kicker in UDFA so basically 12 rookie class

Can't fix all holes in one offseason. we are set up for the 2019 offseason to find: 

  • young rb
  • TE- could bring Cook back, but he is getting older
  • WR- never enough depth
  • DE- see how Mario Edwards performs this year
  • MLB
  • S-  still need to see how Obi and Joseph play

Probably add 2-3 free agent and we will have the 2019 draft to fill in the fun positions

 

Edited by Humble_Beast

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2018 at 3:02 PM, NightTrainLane said:

Any tape you watched of him was from the 2016 college season or under 10 snaps in the 2017 preseason. Like I said, hopefully he improved and can be used in a specific role. If we find a better option than I'm ok there as well.

And telling you to spew you brand of trash somewhere else isn't defensive, it's warranted when you're obviously baiting in response to a quite measured "keep an eye on" post.

 

i-told-you-so-gif-5.gif

Edited by big_palooka

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
On 5/5/2018 at 11:43 AM, NightTrainLane said:

If he does get cut that means we got someone better and that is fine with me.

 

On 5/5/2018 at 12:02 PM, NightTrainLane said:

Like I said, hopefully he improved and can be used in a specific role. If we find a better option than I'm ok there as well.

giphy.gif

Edited by NightTrainLane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

 

On 5/5/2018 at 2:43 PM, NightTrainLane said:

What are the lottery #s coming up?

Part of being on the Practice squad is improving your game. So learning correct pad level is on par with that. And yes, he is slower that other RBs but that is why I said he could be a short yardage option with his bulk and run style IF he proves it in camp and preseason.

If he does get cut that means we got someone better and that is fine with me. Right now he is on the roster and I hope he improved from his college tape and can produce as long as he is.

Go spew that garbage some where else.

64oJa.gif

I can't predict the future turns out.... I said he wouldn't make it out of camp. He didn't even make it too camp lol. Cut for a tryout RB.

It's cool NTL.... I'll take my W and move on. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

 

I can't predict the future turns out.... I said he wouldn't make it out of camp. He didn't even make it too camp lol. Cut for a tryout RB.

It's cool NTL.... I'll take my W and move on. 

 

Yeah, that's true. You CAN'T predict the future.

If you're keeping score on something no one else cares about.

This dude just called it a W.

giphy.gif

Edited by NightTrainLane

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×