2018 Depth Chart...How do you see it?

Humble_Beast

On 8-5-2018 at 8:15 PM, Rich7sena said:

I'd still be interested in signing Bowman and having him play MLB with Whitehead and Johnson as the OLBs in base.

I hope we can somehow make it happen. I would feel a lot more comfortable with a base of Bowman, Johnson + Whitehead and have Lamur and the young guys as rotational guys.

Between Richard and Washington, I'd imagine Washington would be the odd man out. Despite him being a little bigger, he doesn't offer much more power or balance but Richard is discernibly quicker and more explosive.

Both were far more effective in 2016 behind a more downhill running scheme.

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Between Richard and Washington, I'd imagine Washington would be the odd man out. Despite him being a little bigger, he doesn't offer much more power or balance but Richard is discernibly quicker and more explosive.

Both were far more effective in 2016 behind a more downhill running scheme.

Your last point is what I've been thinking about. They seemed confused when trying to make reads or cuts in outside zone runs. And I'd guess we're trying to move towards that with the tackles we picked and Cabke being hired. Especially with beast mode around. Will be interesting to watch.

6 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Your last point is what I've been thinking about. They seemed confused when trying to make reads or cuts in outside zone runs. And I'd guess we're trying to move towards that with the tackles we picked and Cabke being hired. Especially with beast mode around. Will be interesting to watch.

I'm also interested in how the running game changes next year. I'm being trying to watching some Redskins and Eagles tape to get a handle on how I think Gruden might adapt their schemes. Lynch seems to like getting some lateral movement before going downhill or cutting back while the other two like to see hole and hit hole.

Offense

QB: Carr | Manuel 

RB: Lynch | Martin | Richard

FB: Smith

WR: Cooper

WR: Bryant | Ateman 

WR: Nelson | Switzer 

TE: Cook | Lee | Carrier

LT: Penn | Parker 

LG: Osemele | Alexander 

C: Hudson | Feliciano 

RG: Jackson

RT: Miller | Sharpe 

Defense

LE: Mack |  Carrdine 

NT: Jelly | Vanderdoes 

3T: Hurst | Hall 

RE: Edwards | Key 

OLB: Irvin | Calhoun 

MLB: Johnson | Lee | Victor 

OLB: Whitehead | Morrow 

CB: Melvin | Worley | Nelson 

CB: Conley | Hall | Golson 

SS: Joseph | Obi 

FS: Gilchrist | Nelson | Wright

Special Teams

K: Townsend 

P: Pinerio 

LS: Depaola 

4 hours ago, YoungJefe said:

Offense

QB: Carr | Manuel 

RB: Lynch | Martin | Richard

FB: Smith

WR: Cooper

WR: Bryant | Ateman 

WR: Nelson | Switzer 

TE: Cook | Lee | Carrier

LT: Penn | Parker 

LG: Osemele | Alexander 

C: Hudson | Feliciano 

RG: Jackson

RT: Miller | Sharpe 

Defense

LE: Mack |  Carrdine 

NT: Jelly | Vanderdoes 

3T: Hurst | Hall 

RE: Edwards | Key 

OLB: Irvin | Calhoun 

MLB: Johnson | Lee | Victor 

OLB: Whitehead | Morrow 

CB: Melvin | Worley | Nelson 

CB: Conley | Hall | Golson 

SS: Joseph | Obi 

FS: Gilchrist | Nelson | Wright

Special Teams

K: Townsend 

P: Pinerio 

LS: Depaola 

Is that your 53.... interesting cuts 

Washington, Holton, Kirkland, Hester, Lamur, Wilburn, McDonald, Luani , Roberts 

Yikes: Calhoun 

50 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

Is that your 53.... interesting cuts 

Washington, Holton, Kirkland, Hester, Lamur, Wilburn, McDonald, Luani , Roberts 

Yikes: Calhoun 

Alexander, Ateman, Sharpe, Calhoun, Hall, Golson, R. Nelson, possibly Vanderdoes have uphill climbs to the roster.

None of the above cuts "Washington, Holton, Kirkland, Hester, Lamur, Wilburn, McDonald, Luani , Roberts" are too surprising either. 

Not that I want to feed this thread. I don't. But I'd expect Lamur and Wilbur to make it on ST value. Kirkland over Alexander is my hope, though my greater hope is that our line is good enough so neither see playing time. Possibly Hester over Vanderdoes with Vanderdoes going to IR thus kicking the can down the road. Washington/Richard not sure. But we all seem to have a feeling both won't make it. Holton is ripe to have his spot usurped, by who is the question. McDonald has next to no shot. Luani has impressed anyone how exactly? Roberts cut is inevitable once he drops a pass. Ateman has to earn his spot, he's not just going to make it because we drafted him. Calhoun is dog vomit. Hall shouldn't make it if Worley shows anything at all. Golson will get hurt in short order, it's his thing. 

44 minutes ago, holyghost said:

Alexander, Ateman, Sharpe, Calhoun, Hall, Golson, R. Nelson, possibly Vanderdoes have uphill climbs to the roster.

None of the above cuts "Washington, Holton, Kirkland, Hester, Lamur, Wilburn, McDonald, Luani , Roberts" are too surprising either. 

Not that I want to feed this thread. I don't. But I'd expect Lamur and Wilbur to make it on ST value. Kirkland over Alexander is my hope, though my greater hope is that our line is good enough so neither see playing time. Possibly Hester over Vanderdoes with Vanderdoes going to IR thus kicking the can down the road. Washington/Richard not sure. But we all seem to have a feeling both won't make it. Holton is ripe to have his spot usurped, by who is the question. McDonald has next to no shot. Luani has impressed anyone how exactly? Roberts cut is inevitable once he drops a pass. Ateman has to earn his spot, he's not just going to make it because we drafted him. Calhoun is dog vomit. Hall shouldn't make it if Worley shows anything at all. Golson will get hurt in short order, it's his thing. 

if you don't want to feed the thread. then get out.don't complain, man up...... everything else you wrote is obvious stuff. I don't overrated our players like many others do, I'm a tough critic..

Archived