2018 Depth Chart...How do you see it?

Humble_Beast

18 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Even before the draft I thought Sharpe was a guard. I actually think he'd make decent depth there. I agree on Kirkland and Alexander.

It's clear the staff values athleticism and height at tackle when you look at the players they've brought in (Miller, Parker, and Giacomini are all over 6'7"). I suspect Ware will will stick as well because of those reasons.

Agreed. The way i see it:

OTs: Penn/Miller (Parker/Ware)

OGs: KO/Gabe (Feliciano/Sharpe)

OCs: Hudson (Feliciano)

58 minutes ago, oakdb36 said:

I don't see us keeping more than 4 OTs on the final roster. At the moment, we have Penn, Giacomini, Miller, Parker, Sharpe, Ware, Kirkland and Alexander. Imo, if Kirkland and/or Alexander make the team, it'll be at G. I don't think Sharpe fits at OT with Cable either. Ware has the size and athleticism and i'd give him a better shot to stick as depth. I don't see both Penn and Giacomini making the roster. If they decide to cut Penn, i guess they'll keep Giacomini for his experience.

My guess is Penn and Miller starting with Parker and Ware as depth.

If Penn is cut i don't see us cutting Giacomini. It would go against the whole logic of spending a 1st & 3rd on protecting Carr.

Without Penn and Gaicomini we are one injury away from protecting Carr all season long by Alexander or kirkland... And that assumens that Miller and Parker show in TC that they are ready to start to begin with.

59 minutes ago, Roninho said:

If Penn is cut i don't see us cutting Giacomini. It would go against the whole logic of spending a 1st & 3rd on protecting Carr.

Without Penn and Gaicomini we are one injury away from protecting Carr all season long by Alexander or kirkland... And that assumens that Miller and Parker show in TC that they are ready to start to begin with.

Yes, that's what i said. They'll keep one of Penn and Giacomini but i don't think they keep both.

12 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

In a roster of 53 players there are going to be some redundancies. That’s how depth works.

We rarely keep more than 4 ends, and moreso when a guy like Edwards can play occasional end. So, Mack, Irvin, Carradine, Key. If there's 5 or Irvin isn't considered an end, does anyone here think Calhoun can and will beat out a 5 year vet in Armonty Bryant? Who is a long shot in the first place? Calhoun is a damn disaster, Del Rio kept alot of crap players around who were young because he somehow couldn't accept how bad they were. Does anyone think Gruden will accept the same, especially taking into account how aggressive he has been in adding players this offseason? Cowser is NOT a quality NFL player. Carradine and Key are the non-starting depth here now.

After we traded for Switzer, who is familiar with the ST coach who probably recommended him, does anyone still envision Griff Whalen beating him out in the same player profile? You guys have to put some pieces together here. On a squad of 4-6 WRs, already carrying Bryant, Cooper, Nelson, there's 1-2 spots left. Switzer, Ateman. It ain't rocket science. Say goodbye most likely to Roberts, Whitney, Hatcher, Holton. New staff, new players. One of those guys has to really impress to hang on now. AFA Whalen, look what he has to go against. Harris to. I wouldn't be surprised if Whalen comes in as the 8th WR in camp, so how is it a guy like that is going to make the team?

3 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Even before the draft I thought Sharpe was a guard. I actually think he'd make decent depth there. I agree on Kirkland and Alexander.

It's clear the staff values athleticism and height at tackle when you look at the players they've brought in (Miller, Parker, and Giacomini are all over 6'7"). I suspect Ware will will stick as well because of those reasons.

I could see Sharpe kick into guard now. Talk about a mailer, man of his size. Good healthy competition in the interior  of the offensive line Kirkland, Alexander, Alexander all looking to provide depth... I see Kolton starting day 1, and Parker as the swing tackle. Unless Kolton shines and Penn screws up, I see Penn back atleast one more year m. The last and 4th tackle spot I see going to the guy from the Texans and Ware. Up to Ware to have a good camp, or Gruden going to go with the proven vet 

51 minutes ago, holyghost said:

We rarely keep more than 4 ends, and moreso when a guy like Edwards can play occasional end. So, Mack, Irvin, Carradine, Key. If there's 5 or Irvin isn't considered an end, does anyone here think Calhoun can and will beat out a 5 year vet in Armonty Bryant? Who is a long shot in the first place? Calhoun is a damn disaster, Del Rio kept alot of crap players around who were young because he somehow couldn't accept how bad they were. Does anyone think Gruden will accept the same, especially taking into account how aggressive he has been in adding players this offseason? Cowser is NOT a quality NFL player. Carradine and Key are the non-starting depth here now.

After we traded for Switzer, who is familiar with the ST coach who probably recommended him, does anyone still envision Griff Whalen beating him out in the same player profile? You guys have to put some pieces together here. On a squad of 4-6 WRs, already carrying Bryant, Cooper, Nelson, there's 1-2 spots left. Switzer, Ateman. It ain't rocket science. Say goodbye most likely to Roberts, Whitney, Hatcher, Holton. New staff, new players. One of those guys has to really impress to hang on now. AFA Whalen, look what he has to go against. Harris to. I wouldn't be surprised if Whalen comes in as the 8th WR in camp, so how is it a guy like that is going to make the team?

Ends I see as Base End: Edwards and Tank. Tank could start over Edwards if he gets hurt again and with strong showing and weak showing from Edwards. Other spot I see as Mack and backed up by Key.  Hopefully he isn’t Aldon 2.0.... think the 4 DTS are Ellis, Hall, Hurst, Vanderdoes in whatever order to be determined. The last 9-10 spots will come down to Hester, Calhoun, Bryant. Could keep 1 or 2 of 3 depending on how strong these 3 play 

Wideouts: 

Cooper, Bryant, Nelson, Roberts, Switzer, Ateman... of course the last three could be cut at any point if they don’t show up and someone steps up their game... 

guys who could be cut in without a strong camp in my eyes: Washington/Richard, Holton, Roberts, guy from Texans, Ware, Alexander, Kirkland, Calhoun, Sharpe, Cowser, Bryant, Hester, Morrow, James, Lee, Azeem, Mcdonald, Nelson, Luani, Hall, Wright  a lot of competition and bubble guys.. Penn could also be gone if he keeps slipping up 

2 hours ago, Humble_Beast said:

we added a borderline hall of famer coming off a good year at a position of need.....

Gruden on fire with this roster overhaul... this video is just two years ago

On fire isn’t how I’d describe it.  

Archived