squire12

Mike Pettine Defense

Posted (edited)
On 6/8/2018 at 4:04 PM, NormSizedMidget said:

I stole and I robbed and I kidnapped the President's son and held him for ransom.

Best part is when he says he never got caught, lol!

Edited by Toddfather

15 minutes ago, Toddfather said:

Best part is when he says he never got caught, lol!

I was going to type until that line but I gave up lol

From Packers Wire:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/14/packers-anticipating-a-big-jump-from-s-kentrell-brice/

“Kentrell’s doing an excellent job,” McCarthy said Thursday. “I think he’s definitely had one of the best offseason programs (on the team). The thing that goes unnoticed is his communication skills. I love the way he plays. The ability to get past the injury. Be here the whole time. Having the whole dose of the strength and conditioning program. But you can see, he’s really comfortable out there, with the adjustments and the communications.”

The opportunity for Brice is there, especially after veteran Morgan Burnett departed in free agency. Snaps at safety are available, and he’ll likely go into training camp as the favorite to play next to Ha Ha Clinton-Dix when the Packers move Josh Jones down to linebacker.

Question: Is the nitro package a part of Pettine's defense too ?

Brice stepping up (and staying healthy) would be really valuable.  

Tramon talked about Pettine's defense.  He said that it's a pretty simple/easy defense, which allows guys to think less and play fast.  

We'll see whether that proves true for guys like Brice and Jones.  

https://apnews.com/13decf7f232242c795e1ba57bb6d3512

Team film sessions at CB West High School with Pettine Sr., on Mondays after Friday games stick out, too.

“You would never know (they won) if you sat in on those film sessions — you would think they lost by 30 when they had won by 30,” Pettine said. “But I’m a big believer in there’s no better teaching tool than seeing it on film. You paint a picture, you show a guy, ‘Hey, this is how it’s supposed to look.’”

It was a way that his father held his players accountable, which is also important to Pettine.

“My dad said, ‘Stop the projector, turn on the lights. Quick, stand up and explain to your teammates what you were just doing.’ Nobody wanted that to happen,” Pettine said. “And that’s something I’ve always believed, being honest with your players, being direct, that’s by far the best way to go about things.”

With one big difference.

“I don’t turn on the lights,” Pettine said with a laugh.

Former ALL- WORLD LT Joe Thomas talks about Pettine's defense, Pettine coached Thomas in CLE and Joe is clearly a fan

From PackersWire:

https://packerswire.usatoday.com/2018/06/20/joe-thomas-excited-about-mike-pettine-taking-over-packers-defense/

“He is a great defensive mind. I think Packers fans have a right to be excited,” Thomas said. “I think he’s going to be a fun energy, an attacking defense that is going to be fun for fans to watch. And I think it’s going to be a really good defense. It’s really productive.”