Mike Pettine Defense

squire12

We have to remember that this is the new age of football too. The first couple of games will be sloppy while these guys go from no real competition to games that matter. The big things I saw were we got off the field. There were times where I was like "here we go again" Especially with that long drive in the 4th, and Clay's bonehead move. That being said they made stops. They made adjustments, and they allowed 12 to actually finish a game on the field, and not the sideline. That's what we have been asking for, and we saw it last night. A lot of work to be done, but that is the modern NFL. 

From PackersNews:

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/09/10/packers-defense-holds-bears-down-key-comeback/1226599002/

"The Bears went 3 for 4 on third down in those first 15 plays, just 4-for-13 the rest of the way.

“We expected a lot of man on third-and-short and they came out and played a bunch of zone,” Nagy said. “Credit to them for mixing it up. A lot of our calls were built for man. We had some risky calls that we just went with and we blew them and they just made plays that we didn’t. Just have to go back to the film, continue to learn and, like I said, it’s tough when we don’t have on-scout looks.

“We don’t know what they’re going to bring and you’ve just got to trust the play and hopefully our execution beats theirs. But, credit to them for coming up with those stops and we’ve just got to do better because those are big plays.”

2 minutes ago, Shanedorf said:

From PackersNews:

https://www.packersnews.com/story/sports/nfl/packers/2018/09/10/packers-defense-holds-bears-down-key-comeback/1226599002/

"The Bears went 3 for 4 on third down in those first 15 plays, just 4-for-13 the rest of the way.

“We expected a lot of man on third-and-short and they came out and played a bunch of zone,” Nagy said. “Credit to them for mixing it up. A lot of our calls were built for man. We had some risky calls that we just went with and we blew them and they just made plays that we didn’t. Just have to go back to the film, continue to learn and, like I said, it’s tough when we don’t have on-scout looks.

“We don’t know what they’re going to bring and you’ve just got to trust the play and hopefully our execution beats theirs. But, credit to them for coming up with those stops and we’ve just got to do better because those are big plays.”

Huge improvement from what we heard from opponents the last few years. Multiple instances in the later stages of the Capers era when players on other teams talked about how they knew exactly what was coming on every play.

19 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Huge improvement from what we heard from opponents the last few years. Multiple instances in the later stages of the Capers era when players on other teams talked about how they knew exactly what was coming on every play.

Most teams know what most good defenses are doing on most snaps.   On good teams the good players make great plays.

Once teams have 5-10 games of tape on our D and our tendencies, they will know what's coming much more often.

11 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Most teams know what most good defenses are doing on most snaps.   On good teams the good players make great plays.

Once teams have 5-10 games of tape on our D and our tendencies, they will know what's coming much more often.

Oh yes, no doubt. It was beyond that with Dom. Players were mocking Packers defenders yelling out the Packers audibles before our defenders could even shout them out themselves. It became a big joke at the end.

4 minutes ago, Mr Anonymous said:

If only he were a little taller. ;)

Good game for the kid though for sure.

Actually I think I’d had reached straight up instead of right in front of Robinson’s face he blocks it but why would you reach anywyelse but where he did. Thought he did all he could there. 

1 minute ago, MantyWrestler said:

Actually I think I’d had reached straight up instead of right in front of Robinson’s face he blocks it but why would you reach anywyelse but where he did. Thought he did all he could there. 

Yes he did. Goes to show how great coverage sometimes isn't enough when you're undersized as @cannondale just mentioned.

12 hours ago, Mr Anonymous said:

Yes he did. Goes to show how great coverage sometimes isn't enough when you're undersized as @cannondale just mentioned.

Sometimes its not enough when your larger too.

Alexander isn't 6 feet tall, but he isn't a midget either.  With his speed and quickness he can be a very important piece of this defense, especially when going up against Diggs this weekend.

12 hours ago, cannondale said:

That photo is a great illustration to those that may think what's the big deal between a 5'-10" and 6'-0" CB. Luckily Alexander doesn't care

The funny thing is if he was 3/4 of an inch taller no one would question if he's too small, which is dumb.

Archived