squire12

Mike Pettine Defense

1 hour ago, Norm said:

How's that on mm. Shouldn't that be on Mike or is he still getting a honeymoon pass

I don't think Pettine has much say in personnel decisions. I'd blame Pettine if he was sitting Burnett and playing Brice. He's not. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Brice is far more than a box safety. Guys a downhill defender and a weapon against backs and TEs too. He's being challenged to do things he's bad at, and now he's thinking and not playing and everything is suffering.

Here we sit with like 11m in cap space and Morgan Burnett is taking up 2.5m in space this year. You want a wtf Gute moment, there it is. How on Earth was that too rich for your blood???

HHCD, Burnett, Brice, Jones would be an outstanding group. Jones would be a dime backer, Brice would be playing Whiteheads role.

Speaking of Burnett - went looking for him in tonights PIT/TB game - but turns out he's inactive/injured:

"Also inactive is starting safety Morgan Burnett, who missed time in practice during the week with a groin injury"

2 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

Brice is far more than a box safety. Guys a downhill defender and a weapon against backs and TEs too. He's being challenged to do things he's bad at, and now he's thinking and not playing and everything is suffering.

Here we sit with like 11m in cap space and Morgan Burnett is taking up 2.5m in space this year. You want a wtf Gute moment, there it is. How on Earth was that too rich for your blood???

HHCD, Burnett, Brice, Jones would be an outstanding group. Jones would be a dime backer, Brice would be playing Whiteheads role.

Brice hasn't really looked too good trying to tackle the last 2 games either though.

4 hours ago, Packerraymond said:

If he was a part time player that would sure be nice.  It's just not possible these days to play as a S and not be competent in deep coverage.  You're describing decent traits for a LB but the problem is it's a S on our team.

If you're a starting safety, teams are gonna try to exploit your weaknesses -- especially when your weakness is defending the deep pass -- the most efficient play in football.  Hey, we get to run our best plays against a guy who sucks at defending our best plays?  Sign me up.

4 minutes ago, fattlipp said:

Just move Tramon to FS and be done with it.

This is what I want.  I did it in Madden and it worked great.

I think if Brice gives up a big play this week, McCarthy has to switch to  Jones(if he plays), he could just as bad and we all cry ourselves asleep, but you gotta make a change just for change sake if he isn't getting any better. I don't know where that Bears game Brice is, but he just isn't playing with confidence like he was that game. His coverage was bad on that first touchdown, but it's like as people have complained with HaHa, he just isn't tackling great like we thought was one of his strong traits. We need more of this in his game, albeit this is prolly a penalty this season, but he needs to do what he does best, knock some teeth out of receivers and running backs. 

brice_beasley_tackle_b.gif

Edited by Gopackgonerd

I want safeties who know where the ball is at all times, have exceptional field awareness, uncanny anticipation skills, and who hit hard as hell and put the fear of God in our opponents’ receivers.  Ok fine, I’ll settle for knowing where the damn ball is at all times.