Mike Pettine Defense

squire12

6 hours ago, Shanedorf said:

Year 2 with Blunt Force Trauma calling the defensive shots

Pettine will have more experience in the NFC North and in the NFC overall after spending most of his career coaching in the junior league, AFC

Year 2 of Das Gute sourcing players for his defense, he needs fresh meat on every level of the defense

No more Winston Moss !

We still need to get Pettine his b*tch kitty pass rusher!  Get on it Gute!

Jaire Alexander. The 18th overall pick earned the responsibility of matching up against opponents' best receivers and while he didn't come up with many big plays -- he had only one interception -- he was a pass-breakup machine. He and fellow Packers rookie defensive back Josh Jackson (second round) tied for the NFL rookie lead in pass breakups with 10, two more than the next-best Derwin James.

http://www.espn.com/blog/green-bay-packers/post/_/id/46685/packers-hit-with-jaire-alexander-need-more-from-jmon-moore

On 1/8/2019 at 7:11 PM, {Family Ghost} said:

We still need to get Pettine his b*tch kitty pass rusher!  Get on it Gute!

A "b*tch kitty pass rusher?"
For proper reference, would you have the name of a player that fits that skill set? :)

22 minutes ago, incognito_man said:

Finished 29th in DVOA

woof

gave up 33ppg during the last 4 games.

whats even worse is when you consider the offenses that they played.

but with ALL things considered, that defense was hurt badly by injury this season. every position group was effected from top to bottom.

4 minutes ago, Siv said:

Very curious to see what happens with Jackson in this defense moving forward. 

Me too.... I really hope we can bring Breeland back, so Josh will be the 4th corner on the field until injuries happen. Wish he was faster so he could play centerfield

20 minutes ago, Siv said:

I loved that both he and Alexander competed on every ball thrown their way.  I was amazing at some of the perfect throws that were made for completions against them.  I hope they stick with Jackson at corner and look to the draft/FA for that safety help.

22 minutes ago, Siv said:

I am nowhere near ready to write off Josh Jackson or talk about moving him to another position.  I'm kinda keeping my eye out for him to be our most improved rookie.  Just based on my uneducated view, i thought he looked like a rookie that didn't have the speed / COD ability to make up for rookie mistakes.  thinking too much while out there perhaps.  while the speed / COD stuff probably won't get much better, i'd love to see how he plays when the game slows down for him mentally.  give the man a full offseason coming back to the same defense and let's see how he looks.  his length and natural ball skills can't be taught

that said, i'd love to bring Breeland back.  King-Jaire-Breeland-Williams-Jackson makes me very excited if everyone is healthy.

Pettine did face a lot of adversity, and didn't have the chance to make the defense in his image outside of wilkerson (who went down early)

BUT, 2018 was a complete and utter failure by the defense.  The defense and special teams were the biggest reasons for overall team failure.

Personnel wise, going forward this is really Kenny Clark and Jaire Alexander and a bunch of role players or injury prone guys like Perry/King.  A huge amount of cap space will need to be devoted to rebuilding this defense in Pettine's image.

10 minutes ago, skibrett15 said:

Pettine did face a lot of adversity, and didn't have the chance to make the defense in his image outside of wilkerson (who went down early)

BUT, 2018 was a complete and utter failure by the defense.  The defense and special teams were the biggest reasons for overall team failure.

Personnel wise, going forward this is really Kenny Clark and Jaire Alexander and a bunch of role players or injury prone guys like Perry/King.  A huge amount of cap space will need to be devoted to rebuilding this defense in Pettine's image.

super excited to see the rebuild of the defense. 

if they are methodical and build from the inside out i dont see any reason that GB cant field a better defense in the future. 

Archived