Mike Pettine Defense

squire12

I don't think you move on from Fackrell unless he gets hurt in camp and/or stinks it up. I'm worried we're jumping to conclusions on some of these guys too fast before seeing them in a new defense. We can all agree that Dom had to go, but at least let's give some of these guys a shot in a new defense before we rush to judgment. JMO

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

I don't think you move on from Fackrell unless he gets hurt in camp and/or stinks it up. I'm worried we're jumping to conclusions on some of these guys too fast before seeing them in a new defense. We can all agree that Dom had to go, but at least let's give some of these guys a shot in a new defense before we rush to judgment. JMO

Completely agree. There's no sense cutting guys at this point based solely on how they functioned under Capers. Let's see them in camp first. 

1 minute ago, Kepler said:

Completely agree. There's no sense cutting guys at this point based solely on how they functioned under Capers. Let's see them in camp first. 

I am fine with putting him on the 90 and being a camp body. But what has he shown to warrant defensive snaps over guys like Gilbert/Biegel? Pass rushing ability is going to magically appear because of d coordinator. The only thing Pettine could do is get him free runs at the QB. The guy has 5 sacks in 29 career games and is already 26 years old. If he were younger I may give him the benefit of the doubt a little more but he is nothing more than a special teamer at this point. 

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

I am fine with putting him on the 90 and being a camp body. But what has he shown to warrant defensive snaps over guys like Gilbert/Biegel? Pass rushing ability is going to magically appear because of d coordinator. The only thing Pettine could do is get him free runs at the QB. The guy has 5 sacks in 29 career games and is already 26 years old. If he were younger I may give him the benefit of the doubt a little more but he is nothing more than a special teamer at this point. 

I understand that wholeheartedly, but I question how certain players were used under Dom. I do agree that TC is tantamount to the future of some players, especially guys like Gilbert who deserved a better look.

2 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

That's my point. He SHOULD be a camp body at least. Everyone who suffered under Capers should be, if for no other reason than to find out if they have some ability that was being squandered. Coaching is a huge aspect of the game. People don't pop out of the womb ready to dominate. I'm not saying he'll get better, but there's no reason to dump a guy because he didn't flourish as a backup under the dumpster fire that is Dom Capers. 

Just now, Kepler said:

That's my point. He SHOULD be a camp body at least. Everyone who suffered under Capers should be, if for no other reason than to find out if they have some ability that was being squandered. Coaching is a huge aspect of the game. People don't pop out of the womb ready to dominate. I'm not saying he'll get better, but there's no reason to dump a guy because he didn't flourish as a backup under the dumpster fire that is Dom Capers. 

Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Lawrence Guy...

28 minutes ago, Gopackgonerd said:

If the guy ever gets stronger, he could be decent.

source.gif

(Just an excuse to put this gif in here )

With the frames per second on that gif he looks like he runs a 4.2 though

1 minute ago, Gopackgonerd said:

Did guy even make our team when we drafted him

Practice Squad. He did play in 3 or 4 games late his rookie season IIRC, but then someone snatched him off our PS. Think it was Indy.

35 minutes ago, TheBitzMan said:

Definitely not his fault. More of a failure on Dom or TT or MM or who ever decided it. 

I am sure he is a great guy but he has done nothing to warrant the playing time. 

Not arguing that a bit. Agree. I just don't bother cutting him before camp is all

3 minutes ago, Joe said:

Casey Hayward, Micah Hyde, Lawrence Guy...

The list of guys who left and continued  to not be good is much longer...Sometimes a guy just doesn't have it (I think Fackrell is one of those guys)

Khyri Thornton

Jerel Worthy

Carl Bradford

Josh Boyd

Terrell Manning

Jerron McMillan

Davon House

Jarius Wynn

Jeremy Thompson

1 minute ago, TheBitzMan said:

The list of guys who left and continued  to not be good is much longer...Sometimes a guy just doesn't have it (I think Fackrell is one of those guys)

Khyri Thornton

Jerel Worthy

Carl Bradford

Josh Boyd

Terrell Manning

Jerron McMillan

Davon House

Jarius Wynn

Jeremy Thompson

I don't think House belongs with those guys. It also took Guy eternity to become a player from the other side of it.

1 minute ago, NormSizedMidget said:

I don't think House belongs with those guys. It also took Guy eternity to become a player from the other side of it.

House is definitely the best of the bunch. It was more in reference to him leaving GB and not getting better because of coaching. 

Archived