Let's talk WRs...

mwalker

It's almost a definite we pick one somewhere between 2 and 7.

I think it's likely between, or just after ILB and S, depending on how the players fall.

I know with Bryant in his last year, it's a size x speed replacement many are looking for,

but I personally think that's not the strength in this class.

Three guys I like a lot...

D.Moore, Maryland. 2-3 RD. I think this guy could end up being the best in this class.

You likely have to get him in Rd 2, but he's is really stout and electric. 

M.Gallup, CSU. 3-5 RD. I think he's going to be a really solid player. Great hands and control

and decent speed (4.49, I think was his pro day). Tough, good feet. Like him. 

K.Coutee, TTech. 3-5 RD, Coutee is a great return man. Explosive. Maybe not quite as developed

hands as the other two, but he's truly special as a kick returner and will only get better
as a receiver. I think he'll be a helluva player on the right team.

Who do you really like?

No current #4 WR on roster and no #3 WR for next year...I’d bet a decent amount of $$$ they draft one between rds 2-5 unless they sign a decent vet.

I know people want to draft just defense but the offense needs depth.

While I agree with most of that forcing yourself to take someone just because is terrible GMing. 

Forcing yourself to take a position in a bad class at that position is how you make big mistakes. That’s how you only end up with one guy sticking in a class. 

Jordan Matthews, Brice Butler, Jarious Wright. There’s still some good WR4 options that doesn’t make you do something silly in the draft. Sign one of them to a 3 year contract and see what happens the next two years in the draft. Next year looks like a much better WR year anyways. 

2 hours ago, warfelg said:

While I agree with most of that forcing yourself to take someone just because is terrible GMing. 

Forcing yourself to take a position in a bad class at that position is how you make big mistakes. That’s how you only end up with one guy sticking in a class. 

Jordan Matthews, Brice Butler, Jarious Wright. There’s still some good WR4 options that doesn’t make you do something silly in the draft. Sign one of them to a 3 year contract and see what happens the next two years in the draft. Next year looks like a much better WR year anyways. 

I'm get what you're saying but not what you're referencing? I'm just suggesting these are receivers I really like in the draft.

I'm not suggesting we reach for a receiver. 

Also if we draft a WR, it's not gonna be because of our depth, not directly, it's gonna be because they believe that this is a guy that our offense can be helped by, that can be developed into our offense. Regardless of depth. That would be the case even if we signed an FA imo

Devonte Boyd is talented receiver from UNLV that has fallen under the radar. He was a bit inconsistent but is somebody that could surprise and you can get him late to FA. 

Equanimeous St. Brown suffered through some really awful qb play this past season. He should be a steal wherever he goes.

The other guy that may be a steal is Robert Foster from Alabama. Lot of ability playing on a team and with a qb that ran the ball as many times than the 78 Steelers.

Marquez Valdes-Scantling 6'4 203 4.37

Robert Foster 6'1 195 4.41

Equaminus St Brown 6'4 218 4.48

Courtland Sutton 6'3 218 4.54

Jaleel Scott 6'4 218 4.56

There are more as well.  WRs are deep in this class; it all depends on what you like.

10 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

No current #4 WR on roster and no #3 WR for next year...I’d bet a decent amount of $$$ they draft one between rds 2-5 unless they sign a decent vet.

I know people want to draft just defense but the offense needs depth.

How much do you think Bryant will get in FA? Too much for the Steelers to keep him?

4 hours ago, TXsteeler said:

How much do you think Bryant will get in FA? Too much for the Steelers to keep him?

#2 WR are getting paid $8mill AAV hove or take...he’s gone either way...Big year too much $$$...bad year or suspension...can’t trust him.

12 hours ago, mwalker said:

I'm get what you're saying but not what you're referencing? I'm just suggesting these are receivers I really like in the draft.

I'm not suggesting we reach for a receiver. 

It’s pretty easy what I’m referencing. You don’t take a guy in a round just because you like him and the need might be there. You do it because the value compared to the position works. 

Take St. Brown for example. I really like him. I have him a 3rd round grade. That doesn’t mean I force myself to take him there is I have other guys available to me. Now if he’s there in the 4th, there’s a great chance I take him because the value outweighs the draft spot. 

9 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

#2 WR are getting paid $8mill AAV hove or take...he’s gone either way...Big year too much $$$...bad year or suspension...can’t trust him.

At least if MB has a good year then it probably means JuJu and AB had good years too so Ben and the Offense should be ballin out. If we can win a SB I don't care if MB leaves to the Ravens honestly.

1 hour ago, TXsteeler said:

At least if MB has a good year then it probably means JuJu and AB had good years too so Ben and the Offense should be ballin out. If we can win a SB I don't care if MB leaves to the Ravens honestly.

I care if he leaves to the AFCN or Patriots. But I'm not convinced he is exponentionallt better than Wallace. He is better, but exponentionally so? I don't know, I don't think he is. He isn't special imo

Archived