Those that don’t want a RB at four

hornbybrown

I do not, this is a great QB class with several options, because of that, the transcendent talent does not make it to 4.  I like some of the QB prospects even that could be had in round 2.

Barkley at 1, then Allen or Mayfield will be there at 4 (My 2 picks at QB), let the team pick their choice.   If by some strange event, both are gone, then Ward, Chubb, Nelson (if Bitonio can move to Left Tackle), or trade the pick down for a kings ransom to some team that is willing to grossly overpay for a project QB (Darnold).

1 minute ago, DizzyDean said:

I do not, this is a great QB class with several options, because of that, the transcendent talent does not make it to 4.  I like some of the QB prospects even that could be had in round 2.

Barkley at 1, then Allen or Mayfield will be there at 4 (My 2 picks at QB), let the team pick their choice.   If by some strange event, both are gone, then Ward, Chubb, Nelson (if Bitonio can move to Left Tackle), or trade the pick down for a kings ransom to some team that is willing to grossly overpay for a project QB (Darnold).

Only way you can argue that Barkley is gone by 4 is if the Giants take him at 2. Jets didn't trade up to 3 for a RB. If we don't take him at one and the Jets don't at 3, then the only chance he is taken before 4 is by the Giants. If you insist on taking Barkley at least be smart about it. Take top choice at QB at 1 and Barkley at 4. Generational talent doesn't override logic and sense.

Just now, Fatgerman said:

Only way you can argue that Barkley is gone by 4 is if the Giants take him at 2. Jets didn't trade up to 3 for a RB. If we don't take him at one and the Jets don't at 3, then the only chance he is taken before 4 is by the Giants. If you insist on taking Barkley at least be smart about it. Take top choice at QB at 1 and Barkley at 4. Generational talent doesn't override logic and sense.

Giants would either take him at 2, or trade down to a smart team willing to sell the farm for such an immense talent.  Either way, he does not make it to 4.

13 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Giants would either take him at 2, or trade down to a smart team willing to sell the farm for such an immense talent.  Either way, he does not make it to 4.

Holy God, man. Did Barkley cure cancer when I wasn't looking? Does he have the ability to take flight? Dude, you must be Dizzy! 9_9 I get it, you're in love. But even you gotta know what you just wrote here was nonsense. Giants might take him, or a QB. Good chance they even trade back, but the team trading up to 2 is taking a QB. Not RB, QB. You know this. Before, you said he'll dominate next 12 years and win many championships. This is pure crazed hyperbole. RBs last about 7-10 years max, even the GOAT Jim Brown. RBs just don't run you to multiple championships. QBs throw you there.

8 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

I also would not bet that the Jets would not take him.  They have McCown to start this year, and a young Bridgewater to take over in the future.

LoL... Ok, buddy. Make sure you get a designated driver tonight.

I don’t see as much value in Chubb for us as I do Barkley.

We have Ogbah and Garret who I think both take a leap forward this year, I won’t be surprised if they both get ten sacks.

Where as Hyde is a ok RB but not great and gets injured fairly often.

i won’t hate a Chubb pick I just won’t like it as much as Barkley.

For me what we have done with trades and Free agency is allow ourselves not to force any picks. Best QB at 1 BPA all the way after that

12 minutes ago, hornbybrown said:

I don’t see as much value in Chubb for us as I do Barkley.

We have Ogbah and Garret who I think both take a leap forward this year, I won’t be surprised if they both get ten sacks.

Where as Hyde is a ok RB but not great and gets injured fairly often.

i won’t hate a Chubb pick I just won’t like it as much as Barkley.

For me what we have done with trades and Free agency is allow ourselves not to force any picks. Best QB at 1 BPA all the way after that

I agree that we've given ourselves the ability to pick and choose without overwhelming need dictating our choice. That is how FA is meant to be utilized.

2 hours ago, hornbybrown said:

Wait you are trying to tell me those guys lead their teams to Super Bowls? and they wouldn’t of made it without them? In almost every case except maybe the ravens it was the QB that got them there

That seems like reasonably unfair criteria. 

Most of those guys had a positive impact on their teams. 

So it is a pretty reasonable list.

That said bpa, I'm in two minds about Barkley, if he is the next great rb take him.

If he is limited to being an amazing 3rd down back like Reggie Bush take someone else 

2 hours ago, Fatgerman said:

Holy God, man. Did Barkley cure cancer when I wasn't looking? Does he have the ability to take flight? Dude, you must be Dizzy! 9_9 I get it, you're in love. But even you gotta know what you just wrote here was nonsense. Giants might take him, or a QB. Good chance they even trade back, but the team trading up to 2 is taking a QB. Not RB, QB. You know this. Before, you said he'll dominate next 12 years and win many championships. This is pure crazed hyperbole. RBs last about 7-10 years max, even the GOAT Jim Brown. RBs just don't run you to multiple championships. QBs throw you there.

Jim Brown walked away while still playing at a high level, know your Browns history, he wanted to go into acting so he left the game.  Now granted, he is a shell of his former self, but Adrian Peterson is going on a decade plus.  Frank Gore is entering year 13 and had nearly 1000 yards last year with no oline and a crappy team.  Barry Sanders walked away still playing at an extremely high level after 10 seasons.  Emmit Smith 15 seasons, Marshall Faulk, 12 seasons.  Tomlinson11 seasons.  Brian Westbrook even played 9 seasons.  Byner 14 seasons.  Jerome Bettis 13 seasons.  Are you starting to realize just how foolish you sound saying that there is no way a RB will last 12 years?  Would you like more examples?

Archived