Those that don’t want a RB at four

hornbybrown

13 minutes ago, DizzyDean said:

Jim Brown walked away while still playing at a high level, know your Browns history, he wanted to go into acting so he left the game.  Now granted, he is a shell of his former self, but Adrian Peterson is going on a decade plus.  Frank Gore is entering year 13 and had nearly 1000 yards last year with no oline and a crappy team.  Barry Sanders walked away still playing at an extremely high level after 10 seasons.  Emmit Smith 15 seasons, Marshall Faulk, 12 seasons.  Tomlinson11 seasons.  Brian Westbrook even played 9 seasons.  Byner 14 seasons.  Jerome Bettis 13 seasons.  Are you starting to realize just how foolish you sound saying that there is no way a RB will last 12 years?  Would you like more examples?

Foolish and a crack on my wife...hmm I've resisted the urge to react impulsively. Nothing I might have said in response could have been construed as appropriate for this forum.  I guess we don't see eye to eye on this point. Thus we go our separate ways. I tossed you a like, just because. Go with God.

15 hours ago, GongKong said:

Draft QB 1, QB 4. 

One will work out. One will be traded or be cut as useless loser. 

There I solved the riddle for ya'll

Your avatar fits you perfectly.

11 hours ago, DizzyDean said:

I don't want a RB at 4, I want a RB at 1 overall.  If we browns it up, and don't take him, then I still don't want a RB at 4 because the transcendently talented Barkley will be off of the board by then and another team will be riding his coat tails for the next 12 years to likely championships.

I've missed this.

Barkley at 1, then Allen or Mayfield will be there at 4 (My 2 picks at QB), let the team pick their choice.   If by some strange event, both are gone, then Ward, Chubb, Nelson (if Bitonio can move to Left Tackle), or trade the pick down for a kings ransom to some team that is willing to grossly overpay for a project QB (Darnold).

Yes, yes. Now go, my minion. Go to the Sam Darnold thread and wreak havoc.

I also would not bet that the Jets would not take him.  They have McCown to start this year, and a young Bridgewater to take over in the future.

...interesting take. It would seem more like Bridgewater is maybe a different kind of quarterback rather than the future quarterback for the Jeets. I can't really remember what they call those quarterbacks right now that help get future quarterbacks ready to start by starting while the future quarterbacks get prepared for the NFL. Oh well. Maybe it'll come to me later. But yeah, I think Bridgewater might be one of those.

So, for me I have a number of reasons why I don’t want a RB at 4, most of which I’ve stated before.

1. It’s arguably the easiest position to find immediate, day one contributors later in the draft.  Hunt and Kamara last year for example.

2. Shelf life.  RB’s typically don’t see a 3rd deal.  I’d hate to spend a premuim pick on a player whose career could be half the length of that of another position.

3. Positional value.  It’s a pass first league.  

4. Great offenses are no longer centered around a great running backs.

5. I prefer a “rb by committee” approach.  Cheaper, more versatility, and less impact on an offense of one gets hurt.

6. It’s an unreal RB draft. Quality prospects will be there in rounds 2-3.

1 minute ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

So, for me I have a number of reasons why I don’t want a RB at 4, most of which I’ve stated before.

1. It’s arguably the easiest position to find immediate, day one contributors later in the draft.  Hunt and Kamara last year for example.

2. Shelf life.  RB’s typically don’t see a 3rd deal.  I’d hate to spend a premuim pick on a player whose career could be half the length of that of another position.

3. Positional value.  It’s a pass first league.  

4. Great offenses are no longer centered around a great running backs.

5. I prefer a “rb by committee” approach.  Cheaper, more versatility, and less impact on an offense of one gets hurt.

6. It’s an unreal RB draft. Quality prospects will be there in rounds 2-3.

Can’t argue any of that at all. If you added a:

7. Pass on the RB at 4 and you might get multiple firsts in exchange, maybe even three of them.

That brings it home for me.

6 minutes ago, LETSGOBROWNIES said:

You know I love Penny.  My buddy worked in the media portion of the athletic dept at SDSU and it’s peolly my favorite campus in the country.  I have a soft spot for the Aztecs.

Prolly not as much as you though lol.

It’s the Aztec girls I mainly have a spot for. Probs not a soft one though.

Yeah but you guys get too much sunshine. And it makes your beers light n fruity.

We dont understand sunshine. It makes out beers dark and oak aged.

Lol. 

We now have alesmith here. Bet you don't have fatheads there. 

;-)

Archived