2017 Training Camp - Week 2

titans0021

2 hours ago, titans0021 said:

Well, the scrimmage went about as expected. First-team offense is just better than the first-team defense. Hopefully that speaks more to the offense than the defense.

Yeah, the offense has been ahead it seems all summer. (Despite what a local radio station host, that traditionally is garbage, in my opinion. He thinks the defense has been dominating the offense. Don't know where he is reading that).

The defense has made more plays in passing defense that I remember. Maybe they are just covering it more, but I've seen Mariota picked a couple times and other DBs making plays on the other QBs.  

Also, Adoree probably won the Returner job tonight. It sounds like Taywan Taylor has fumbled multiple times and Jackson made some electric plays.

Something to keep in mind is practice/training camp heavily favors offense. No one on the d-line is going to seriously get after an o-lineman or is seriously trying to get to Marcus because they know they can't touch him. Jurrell Casey isn't going to go full strength at Lewan and Conklin because he's not trying to get hurt in a meaningless practice or hurt them. Marcus isn't under nearly as much pressure(speaking mentally here, but physically too) because he knows he can't be hit. Lack of intensity greatly favors offense in practices.

That being said, the offense being ahead of the defense is only logical too.

With all the weapons we have on offense(and this is w/o Murray and Davis the majority of TC) I'd be concern if they weren't besting the defense at this point.

At the end of the day, our offense is the, and is going to be, the bread and butter of this team this season.

Archived