2017 Training Camp - Week 2

titans0021

6 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Anyone see the bomb Mariota threw to Taylor a moment ago? Taylor runs so fast it looks like he's jogging but then you look at I think Hearst covering him and he couldn't catch up

Was it posted on twitter?

This is sounding like a pretty good practice.

Adoree making plays on defense and as a returner, Derrick Henry having success on the ground and as a receiver, Marcus looking good running and Taywan Taylor creating plays. A lot of the more important young guys doing good things.

3 hours ago, TitanLegend said:

One thing that worries me is Adoree killing our coverage units...We just spent like half of free agency on improving the coverage. Adoree is either the next Devin Hester or we spent all that in FA for no reason.

Not saying he's going to be Hester or anything but Adoree is special as a returner. In his collegiate career, he averaged 27.1 YPKR, 12.6 YPPR and 8 Total returned TDs. To put these numbers in perspective, here's those same numbers from other known great returners (with atleast 30 career punt returns and 30 career kick returns in their collegiate career).

Hester-25.5 YPKR, 15.6 YPPR, 6 total TDs

Lockett-28.5 YPKR, 15.3 YPPR, 6 total TDs

Sproles-24.2 YPKR, 9.5 YPPR, 1 TD

Tyreek Hill-24.7 YPKR, 9.5 YPPR, 3 total TDs

Dante Hall-21.4 YPKR, 12.1 YPPR, 2 total TDs

Pacman-25.0 YPKR, 10.9 YPPR, 2 total TDs

FWIW, Adoree is close or surpasses most of these guy's numbers in college. He may struggle early on as a CB but I feel he's a day one pro bowler as a return specialst.

Tre McBride... is there anyway this kid makes the team? I never have him making the team because he gets lost behind the pleather of WRs on the team and this year the pleather of ST'ers but the kid seems to make plays on ST's all the time. Last year he really had the play of the game vs Den before Williamson ultimately ripped the ball away from Derby McBride was the one who made a nice play and got the ball to pin them deep in there own territory.

I think they keep Weems but even as just a ST'er I wish there was a way this kid makes the team.

Archived