2017 Training Camp - Week 2

titans0021

It's crazy the positive reports I've been seeing from reporters and the coaching staff about our rookie & second year guys on a constant basis. I've heard/seen good things about Davis(before his injury), Byard, Jonnu Smith, Adoree, Henry, Taywan Taylor, Sims, Antwaun Woods, Dodd, Jayon Brown.That's not even counting our All Pro, second year RT.

I'm going to definitely be watching if they can carry this into these preseason games. The talent Jon Robinson has added in two short years is nuts.

On 8/7/2017 at 7:58 PM, TitanLegend said:

One thing that worries me is Adoree killing our coverage units...We just spent like half of free agency on improving the coverage. Adoree is either the next Devin Hester or we spent all that in FA for no reason.

This statement doesn't make sense to me. how does having a dynamic return man kill our coverage units. Our return man has nothing to do with our coverage units unless they plan to play Adoree as a gunner.

adding adoree helps us get the ball closer to the endzone on special teams.

adding Bates, trawik, and Weems keeps other special teams from scoring, which was an issue last year.

Again I'm missing how adoree kills our coverage units.

Honestly I feel like I'm the only person who's not worried about Adoree on defense. I think he'd going to be a playmaker. He's going to take his bumps as a rookie for sure, but in comparison to what we fielded last season, Adoree could not take another practice rep in camp and and still be better than Perish Cox come week 1.

I expect at least 3 TDs about of Adoree this season, 2 on STs and 1 on defense. Every time I think about what he can be, I think about that 2006 Giants game where 2 Pacman INTs and a crucial 4th qtr punt return helped spark a 21 pt comeback during VY's rookie season. Adoree will brings splash plays just like PacMan did (no need for off the field jokes here). This team hasn't had a guy that dynamic on our defense in a long time. I can deal with a guy who gets beaten occasionally if he can make up for it with a game changing play. I think Adoree can do that. 

1 hour ago, Chocolateman78 said:

This statement doesn't make sense to me. how does having a dynamic return man kill our coverage units. Our return man has nothing to do with our coverage units unless they plan to play Adoree as a gunner.

adding adoree helps us get the ball closer to the endzone on special teams.

adding Bates, trawik, and Weems keeps other special teams from scoring, which was an issue last year.

Again I'm missing how adoree kills our coverage units.

He means he's worried that our coverage units have been getting toasted by Jackson in practice. Maybe Adoree is just that good, or all the STs help we went after aren't up to snuff yet. 

Yea I said after we drafted Adoree that I wasn't going to be worried about him at CB, He's raw and will make plenty of mistakes but I also think he'll make plenty of game changing plays as well. Hell he might get burnt for a TD and then come back on the kick return and return it for a TD. That's the type of athlete he is. He's going to gamble a lot and try to bait QBs but he'll learn with more experience.  

I may start a new thread on this but what are the chances that this could be Demarco Murray's last year with us? I looked up his contract this morning and saw we could get out of it after this year without any type of penalty.

I know it sounds a bit blasphemous at this current time. However, with him inching closer to the dreaded age 30 mark of a RB, already battling the injury bug(albeit a minor one) and Derrick Henry looking primed to breakout, it could set up to cut ties after the seasom.

Honestly this is all premature at this point. Having said that, I think it's quietly a big year for Murray. Any sign of a slight decline could lead to a big decision made on his future this next offseason.

1 hour ago, TitanSlim said:

I may start a new thread on this but what are the chances that this could be Demarco Murray's last year with us? I looked up his contract this morning and saw we could get out of it after this year without any type of penalty.

I know it sounds a bit blasphemous at this current time. However, with him inching closer to the dreaded age 30 mark of a RB, already battling the injury bug(albeit a minor one) and Derrick Henry looking primed to breakout, it could set up to cut ties after the seasom.

Honestly this is all premature at this point. Having said that, I think it's quietly a big year for Murray. Any sign of a slight decline could lead to a big decision made on his future this next offseason.

If DeMarco wanted to take a reduced role similar to Bettis at the end of his career, I would keep him around after this year. Murray will most likely look for another big payday if he remains healthy. Henry has to start to take the reins. Nice problem to have (2) good RBs. Nice job JRob.

Got to go to Nissan Stadium to watch scrimmage the other day. Karl Klug, Jonathan Cyprien, and Brett Kern were the nicest to me and wifey lol

Like the new sight, glad I could finally join you all over here  : )

Don't know how to do my signature picture though : (

4 hours ago, lamont said:

If DeMarco wanted to take a reduced role similar to Bettis at the end of his career, I would keep him around after this year. Murray will most likely look for another big payday if he remains healthy. Henry has to start to take the reins. Nice problem to have (2) good RBs. Nice job JRob.

I hope whatever happens that Murray likes his time in TN. I hope that he leaves saying that was a good place to play. 

22 hours ago, Chocolateman78 said:

Honestly I feel like I'm the only person who's not worried about Adoree on defense. I think he'd going to be a playmaker. He's going to take his bumps as a rookie for sure, but in comparison to what we fielded last season, Adoree could not take another practice rep in camp and and still be better than Perish Cox come week 1.

I expect at least 3 TDs about of Adoree this season, 2 on STs and 1 on defense. Every time I think about what he can be, I think about that 2006 Giants game where 2 Pacman INTs and a crucial 4th qtr punt return helped spark a 21 pt comeback during VY's rookie season. Adoree will brings splash plays just like PacMan did (no need for off the field jokes here). This team hasn't had a guy that dynamic on our defense in a long time. I can deal with a guy who gets beaten occasionally if he can make up for it with a game changing play. I think Adoree can do that. 

You not alone. I'm with you.

He has terrific ball skills.  He is going to have a lot of splash plays and flip the field with his punt returns.

I'm not expecting him to be perfect/shutdown on pass defense. But all he has to do is be better than an oft injured Jason McCourty and Valentino Blake (Shouldn't be hard) and he will improve our passing defense.

Archived