2017 Training Camp - Week 2

titans0021

1 hour ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Tre McBride... is there anyway this kid makes the team? I never have him making the team because he gets lost behind the pleather of WRs on the team and this year the pleather of ST'ers but the kid seems to make plays on ST's all the time. Last year he really had the play of the game vs Den before Williamson ultimately ripped the ball away from Derby McBride was the one who made a nice play and got the ball to pin them deep in there own territory.

I think they keep Weems but even as just a ST'er I wish there was a way this kid makes the team.

Never know. Douglas, Sharpe and Weems all could get the axe. I could for sure see Douglas getting cut, and Sharpe starting on PUP/IR or something to buy some time on his decision. Have been seeing Mekale McKay's name a bit over the last few days from Wyatt & Kuharsky, he'd be one to keep an eye on in the 2nd half vs the Jets.

5 hours ago, Titans fan 617 said:

Tre McBride... is there anyway this kid makes the team? I never have him making the team because he gets lost behind the pleather of WRs on the team and this year the pleather of ST'ers but the kid seems to make plays on ST's all the time. Last year he really had the play of the game vs Den before Williamson ultimately ripped the ball away from Derby McBride was the one who made a nice play and got the ball to pin them deep in there own territory.

I think they keep Weems but even as just a ST'er I wish there was a way this kid makes the team.

Every year I root for the kid. I can't tell if he's a good receiver and lost behind a lot of guys or just isn't getting it but he plays offense and all special teams. The same can't be said for Douglas or Sharpe (from what I can remember). I think Weems is kinda redundant with Adoree so I hope McBride makes it. 

I can see Sharpe on PUP. Douglas should just be gone because of the surplus at WR. 

Krause has had a good camp it sounds but sounds like he's playing for a shot to play for another team.

I just have always liked what McBride has brought to Special Teams but doesn't get enough of a look at WR to make a statement to standout 

I'm falling for the hype of the secondary and it's mainly because of Byard. Loved him coming out and I think he can be one of the best safeties in the league. The depth at safety is a little weak and I worry about Cyprien in coverage but if you limit him in coverage, I think they can thrive. 

I'm confident in Byard and Ryan, so that alone is an improvement over last year. I'm real concerned about our safety depth and Cyprien's usage, but not to the point that I think the pass defense will be the same disaster it was.

I'm really hoping that they're giving Sims a legit chance to start and don't feel required to hand Adoree a big role immediately.

7 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Anybody get a chance to listen to Marcus or Byard on the midday 180?

I listened to Byard's and that's why I posted my opinon on Byard. He got me hype. I listened to part of the Marcus one until my mom called me on my phone lol. I'll listen to the rest when it gets posted.

It's a contract year for Avery. He's already made himself quite a bit of money by being one of the best run stuffing ILBs in football ever since he entered the league, if he adds coverage to that, he's going to be one of the higher paid LBs in football after this season is over, so makes sense that he's pushed himself this hard.

I'm just so excited about what I've been hearing from Henry. He's really running with a purpose, and it should be an easy transition to him as our workhorse back when it's time to move on from DeMarco. A great problem to have. A lot of people questioned the draft pick at the time, but kudos to Jon for that one. It's also great to hear Kevin Dodd is on a positive upward trajectory. Hopefully he can keep it up and really make an impact for us this year.

Archived