Hitman Mock 3.0 Post Combine & First F/A Signng

Steeler Hitman

In typical Steelers fashion, as I am writing this mock, I found out that they signed Jon Bostic from the Colts.  He is a former second round draft pick from the Bears.He has bounced around but is an old school Earl Holmes type of ILB.

2013-08-16T021729Z_20675882.jpg

Round One - - Rashaan Evans ILB Alabama 6'1 232 - - He was the pick on Mock 1.0 and he is the pick now.  The draft hype has him falling and some people even saying he is a second round talent. Whatever!!! He is a need and probably the BPA.  There are a few Safeties here, but they are not rated as highly as Evans and I can find safety help in most any round. This is step one in helping to shore up the middle of the defense.

540b687f15be3.image.jpg

Round Two - - Tre' Flowers 6'3 202 Oklahoma State - - One of the biggest and most athletic safeties in the draft.  With Reid and Elliot gone the Steelers still look to toughen the back end and continue to work on the defensive core.

r960-0b9e7e353d81ba7005736d9a9a9a6305.jp

Round Three - - Marquez Valdes-Scantling WR UCF 6'4 205  - - I am not crazy about this pick, but the Steelers love athletes. He becomes Mike Wallace 2.0 for us early.  I was tempted to go RB here as well.  We get Bryant's replacement to groom for a year.

AR-312209939.jpg

Round Five - - Greg Stroman CB/PR/KR 5'11 Virginia Tech - - One of the least talked about VA Tech prospects, but is highly under rated. This probably means the end of Cody Sensabaugh, which won't disappoint many Steelers fans.  Stroman makes his contribution immediately as a PR and KOR guy as well as being able to contribute on all of the Special Teams. He has some talent at CB and is not as raw as Byron Allen was coming out. Our return game is instantly upgraded.  He was also on Mock 1.0.

ncaa-football-east-carolina-virginia-tec

Round Five - - Joshua Frazier  DT Alabama  6'2 325 - - The gut of our defense is not as soft. We may not have a six pack yet, but certainly not a beer belly. Karl Dunbar influences the team to take one of his versatile DL's who can play nose and generate a little bit of a pocket push playing in a four man front.

636258589200207521-bama04-4.jpg?w=1000&h

Round Seven - -  Justin Jackson RB 5'11 200 Northwestern - - Solid career, tough inside runner and decent guy who will have a year to get bigger and stronger.

justin-jackson-of-the-northwestern-wildc

Round Seven - - Mason Cole C 6'4 305 Michigan - - Grooming a back-up to Pouncey and giving Coach Munchak a young big nasty to play with.

Mason-Cole.jpg

That's it. Let me hear the feedback.

23 hours ago, AlanFanecaFan said:

Very realistic Steelers draft....especially going with a offensive skill guy somewhere in the 1st 3 rounds.

I tried to go with what I thought the Steelers may do and played some scenarios out in my head.

23 hours ago, Armsteeld2 said:

Flowers in the 2nd is really bad.  He has straight-line speed but no start stop quickness.  He doesn't have the awareness or ability as a Safety.

Love the rest:D 

I think he has some upside. In my mind I assumed that a few of the possible second rounders were gone.  I think he is coach-able, but not a sexy pick. I have to throw one or two of those in there as the Steelers typically do that. Thanks for the input.

13 hours ago, JustPlainNasty said:

Not really a fan. Evans is only one I'm on board with. 

I actually was more impressed with Cole at tackle than Center from what I recall off the top of my head. 

I selected Cole based on the fact that we like the versatile type of OL's. I see him more as a Center with his size.

Archived