Hokie Mock 1.0

Hokie

18 hours ago, Hokie said:

Yes, especially for this team. Vander Esch, to me, offers greater upside and is better in coverage. Evans tends to fit in better with what they usually go for, but I think he's a bit redundant with Brown and Burfict. If the Bengals go LB in the first couple of rounds I'm hoping it'll be someone who offers more in coverage - Bengal LBs are traditionally not great in coverage and this is an area we really need to improve on.

If we just want a coverage linebacker, we can probably get Shaquem Griffin in the 3rd. He can blitz or cover and would help with special teams.

28 minutes ago, INbengalfan said:

I wouldn't call it trolling.  I think it's more figuartive, as in, what do we do when a totally unexpected player lands in our lap, even if it doesn't fill a need....  I think everyone took it too literally.  Or maybe I have spent too much time teaching the difference to 10-112 year olds

I thought that too. But he could have used another player or position. 

14 minutes ago, sparky151 said:

If we just want a coverage linebacker, we can probably get Shaquem Griffin in the 3rd. He can blitz or cover and would help with special teams.

I’m rooting for the guy but I don’t see him being any more than a ST guy

6 hours ago, TheVillain112 said:

I'm a huge fan of Anthony Miller.  But reaching for him in the first when we don't need a WR, would be hard to justify.  As for Ridley, what I like about him is that he's elite in route running.  That should get him on the field, whereas any other WR will be on the bench behind LaFell...O.o

I don’t want any receiver in the first maybe to trade back into the back of the second round.

23 hours ago, johndeere1707 said:

I’m rooting for the guy but I don’t see him being any more than a ST guy

I'm a little worried about him tackling Bell or Barkley on 1st down. But he is fast and covers a lot of ground, can make plays in space, can bend and pass rush, or drop and mirror. He did ok in the pass defense drills at the combine, showing the ability to catch the ball.

I think he can be a gunner on teams since most kick returns aren't burly tackle breakers. 

So all around, he isn't a 2 down run stopper but otherwise would be a handy player to add. 

Archived