Preseason Week 1 GDT:Titans(0-0) at Jets(0-0)

Titans fan 617

Well since the HOF game is in the books... LETS START THIS MO FO UP.

There are so many players on all 3 phases of the ball im ready to see.

Offense: If Mariota plays I want to see how he moves 

Ready to see Decker and Taylor since Davis will probably be out

Jonnu Smith blocking and pass catching

Tanney Cassel battle 

Defense: How Sly Williams and Austin Johnson battle for NT 

Dodds health

Jayon Brown in pass coverage 

Adoree Jackson Logan Ryan

Cyprien and Byard (free lancing Safety this year)

Special Teams: Jackson and Muhammad someone has to shine

Jets are a bad team so the Titans should look great but just ready to see these guys in action.

I'd be very surprised if Marcus took a snap. I'd give him two drives in Week 2, maybe a quarter and a half in Week 3 and that's it.

I'm interested to see Taylor, but unless there's good news on the Davis front, I expect Matthews, Decker and Taylor to all play one series. Taylor may get a second.

Might get a decent look at Henry, which will be nice.

Adoree is the player I'm most interested in watching, since he's the biggest name that is likely to play a decent amount of snaps.

As tNv said, Dodd is a good one. Austin Johnson (the other disappointing second-rounder that seems to get less attention) is another. 

Guys like Brynden Trawick and Daren Bates also intrigue me. Mostly known for their ST skills, but it would be a big plus if either flashed anything on the defensive end (particularly Trawick, since we really need a competent coverage safety other than Byard).

1 hour ago, titans0021 said:

I'd be very surprised if Marcus took a snap. I'd give him two drives in Week 2, maybe a quarter and a half in Week 3 and that's it.

I'm interested to see Taylor, but unless there's good news on the Davis front, I expect Matthews, Decker and Taylor to all play one series. Taylor may get a second.

Might get a decent look at Henry, which will be nice.

Adoree is the player I'm most interested in watching, since he's the biggest name that is likely to play a decent amount of snaps.

As tNv said, Dodd is a good one. Austin Johnson (the other disappointing second-rounder that seems to get less attention) is another. 

Guys like Brynden Trawick and Daren Bates also intrigue me. Mostly known for their ST skills, but it would be a big plus if either flashed anything on the defensive end (particularly Trawick, since we really need a competent coverage safety other than Byard).

That sounds like Mariota's rookie pre season. I'm just ready to see some Titans football even pre season. Hall of fame game was all right I guess I didn't know a lot of players.

Highly doubt we see Mariota or Davis in this game. Might see Demarco but will be very few snaps. Same goes for Delanie, Orakpo, Morgan, and Casey. OL will likely get a series or two. Will see a lot of Jonnu Smith, Derrick Henry, Adoree Jackson, Taywan Taylor, Jayon Brown, Kevin Dodd, Aaron Wallace, etc. The secondary should look good against the bum QBs for the Jets. They have one of the least talented rosters in the league. Fun to get football back but I hate the 1st and last preseason games.

I'm interested in the backup QB spot. With Mariota not getting much, if any PT, that will give Cassel and Tanney an ample amount of PT. We have a big decision with Tanney since his practice squad elgibility has run out. I've also been seeing that Cassel hasn't looked great in TC so far.

If Tanney outplays Cassel in training camp and these preseason games, do we 1)keep 3 QBs 2)Cut the vet in Cassel and go with Tanney at backup or 3)Cut the younger promising guy for the vet. Will be interesting to see.

I'm just wanting to see our Depth at 2nd string and of course see a few of the rookies and free agents. I actually don't care if we see any starter play I would rather those guys not get hurt in a pre season game. 

I don't want anyone hurt but unfortunately it happens. 

I think this is going to be a tough game to judge where some of our guys truly stand just because the lack of talent we will be facing. It should be great for confidence for a lot of the young guys if they perform. No reason to play any of the starters more than one series, if at all. Will be curious to see how much we see of Henry and some of the other 2nd stringers who we think will have bigger roles this season.

The good news is that it should be a decent test for the backups. There's such a small gap in talent between the Jets first and second units that it will almost be like they're facing starters in the second and third quarters. The overall lack of talent on New York's roster does mean that most of their roster should be fighting for playing time, so the effort level could/should be high.

15 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

The good news is that it should be a decent test for the backups. There's such a small gap in talent between the Jets first and second units that it will almost be like they're facing starters in the second and third quarters. The overall lack of talent on New York's roster does mean that most of their roster should be fighting for playing time, so the effort level could/should be high.

That will be the best part of this game, IMO. While the Jets don't have a lot of top end talent, it is a great chance for some journeyman guys or younger guys to get a chance to stick on a squad. I think it will be a competitive game throughout in terms of effort. None of the "ole" stuff you get in some preseason action.

Archived