Preseason Week 1 GDT:Titans(0-0) at Jets(0-0)

Titans fan 617

Just now, Dionysus said:

Would it be safe to say we need to start looking for other options behind Cassel?  Like possibly taking a look at someone else?  Cassel is NOT the answer we need if Mariota goes down again.

I would say about 28 of the 32 teams in the league have shaky back up options.   The league barely has enough starters. So it's not crazy to have a back up that you much rather not see play.

Just the way it is....

With a back up...the best you can hope for is someone like Cassel or some other vet that at the least will not turn the ball over every other play.

1 minute ago, ChiefMoccanooga said:

I know it's preseason. But I feel the all to familiar feeling of uneasiness...

I have faith in the offense. But they're going to leave tonight with a ton of stuff to work on. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing after the first preseason game.

From a fan's perspective though, this has been a really miserable football game to watch.

18 minutes ago, TitanLegend said:

Report all camp has been they're giving Tanney a chance to win it, and he's gotten this many snaps tonight, so pretty safe to say they're trying to make it a competition, but not looking incredible for Tanney.

They've given this many snaps to him because Cassell still isn't 100% and they'd rather not get their backup QB hurt.

Archived