Preseason Week 1 GDT:Titans(0-0) at Jets(0-0)

Titans fan 617

9 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Pretty surprised. Have to imagine it's one drive and out. Hopefully lights them up for one drive and then get him out of there ASAP.

McNair esk from the Pro Bowl years ago when he was so beat up throws a bomb and gets out that's what should happen first play airs it out to Taylor for a long TD 

24 minutes ago, titans0021 said:

Part of me wants to see us come out and let Marcus just go to work. But another part of me really just wants to see us play bully ball and see if Henry can just run it down their throats for a solid five or six minutes on the opening drive.

I'd love if we came out the first drive and went full spread, hurry up no huddle offense straight down the field for a TD. Then we come out the next drive and pound them straight in the dirt with Henry for long, meticulous drive for a TD.

Doubtful we'll do that but man what an early message that'd be showing our offensive versatility.

Figure it will be one drive with 2-3 throws and all of them being quick throws just to get him back in the feel of game action without having to stand back there in the pocket in this first game. I am curious to see how many touches Henry gets before the yank him. No sense in him taking a bunch of hits so early IMO.

5 minutes ago, Titans fan 617 said:

No Murray on Sat Night 

Makes sense and probably for the best. He doesn't need the reps and he doesn't really need to waste touches in the preseason. Let Henry do some work for a quarter and then see what else we have on the roster.

Interested to see the new perimeter guys. If 2016 was all about the interior on both sides, this year is adding the playmaking dimension we lacked on both. Would like to see Sims come out and show he can be a serviceable #2, would be big to not have to rely on Jackson just yet. Want to see if some of these farther down the ladder WR's like Mekale McKay could push for that last spot in the WR pecking order or if they have just been practice all-stars. Overall it's finally nice to be thinking more about depth in preseason than who the hell will start at CB or WR.

Archived