Cordarrelle Patterson Traded to Pats

BackinBlack

Salary dump. Puts a void at KR however where the Raiders sucked for years until signing him. 

He can make the occasional splash play on offense. But I don't worry about him ever being anything more than a gadget player. Poor route runner and suspect hands. He's JAG in NE, as he was in Oak and Minn before that.

I hate to see him go  b/c I really liked his attitude, and it's fun to watch when he does make plays. But 3.25 mil is a bit steep and he was basically expendable as a ST player after the Cowboys guys signed. Kick Returners just don't get enough opportunity to justify paying them that much money.

Good dude and I hope he succeeds in NE, but yeah, wit the extra money and getting back into the 5th round, there is a good chance that we see a player that affects the game more regularly.

I am not too keen on this move as I just would not trade with the Pats; they make a living out of entering into trades that often look in the other teams favour and come out smelling of roses. With that having been said, it is an awful lot for a special teamer - so good luck CP.

The trade looks good if it was for one of our comp picks in the 6th round, not so much if it is our 10th pick in the 6th round.

1 minute ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Roberts shouldve been gone before Patterson. Cpat was a beast of a returner and a excellent gunner. 

I feel like we're confident in landing Ryan Grant if we make this move.  Helps clear cap room too.  Can't help but like the idea of moving Roberts to WR4 if thats the case.

5 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I feel like we're confident in landing Ryan Grant if we make this move.  Helps clear cap room too.  Can't help but like the idea of moving Roberts to WR4 if thats the case.

I would like that. Grant has his physical tomorrow. Hopefully he'll pass and we can work something out

8 hours ago, NickButera said:

I don't understand why unless they know they're getting Grant, then I don't mind.

I also don't know why you'd trade a potential weapon like Patterson the the team you're hoping to beat in the playoffs.

At least we get back into the 5th round.

My thoughts precisely.

The hate for Seth Roberts is over the top at this point. As a RECEIVER, he's better than Patterson. He had an inconsistent 2017, so did the rest of the team. He showed in '16, he can make plays.  

Likely, he's pushed down the depth chart. But to take 2mil in dead money agains the cap isn't needed right now. He can be a serviceable as a 4th/5th WR 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

The hate for Seth Roberts is over the top at this point. As a RECEIVER, he's better than Patterson. He had an inconsistent 2017, so did the rest of the team. He showed in '16, he can make plays.  

Likely, he's pushed down the depth chart. But to take 2mil in dead money agains the cap isn't needed right now. He can be a serviceable as a 4th/5th WR 

Roberts has better receiving skills, but Patterson is a much better playmaker. Still confused as to why the FO resigned Roberts last year because his contract strapped them into having to cut Crabtree.

Roberts best year came in 2015. Caught a lot of "easy" TDs in 2016. I don't give it long in the season before you change your stance on him.

Grudens offense requires precision route running and sure hands. Obviously, Patterson doesn't fit that mold. He's a very good gadget player, and returner. We will miss him in that aspect, but we cleared up some space and got back into the 5th. Didn't like the move at first, but makes a bunch of sense.

Reggie Mac, quietly having a very solid off-season. Plugging holes, while stretching money! Still have a few things to patch up, but with a solid draft, we should field a better roster.

6 minutes ago, RaiderX said:

Roberts has better receiving skills, but Patterson is a much better playmaker. Still confused as to why the FO resigned Roberts last year because his contract strapped them into having to cut Crabtree.

Roberts best year came in 2015. Caught a lot of "easy" TDs in 2016. I don't give it long in the season before you change your stance on him.

"Playmaker" is a bit of a stretch. Antonio Brown is a playmaker. OBJ is a playmaker. 

Patterson had 2 TDs last year. Hardly a playmaker. He's good for a splash run when he has a straight path. Great ST player, but not a playmaker in an offense. 

Archived