• Arden Key [EDGE; LSU]
    • Tremaine Edmunds [LB; Virginia Tech]
    • Roquan Smith [LB; Georgia]
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick [DB; Alabama]
    • Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]
    • Denzel Ward [CB; Ohio State]
    • Derwin James [S; Florida State]

11 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

We literally have a wide receiver converted to running back and you're trying to tell me we've never had one that we can use in the passing game? 

And that my friends is what we call irony! 

Fitzpatrick should be #2.  We don't talk about him because we assume he won't be there.  He is the Queen piece for Pettine's defense. He would be the cerebral leader of this secondary very soon.  He looks like the second coming of Woodson.

1 hour ago, HorizontoZenith said:

We literally have a wide receiver converted to running back and you're trying to tell me we've never had one that we can use in the passing game? 

Dude couldn’t stay on the field long enough to find out.   Seriously, Barkley is special. Think you would have to take him and plan your offense around he and Rogers together. 

2 hours ago, Golfman said:

I like this list with a few deletions and a few changes, but minor. Smith is higher on my list than Evans. Alexander is #11 and every other CB slides down 1. If #2-6 are gone you'd have to consider trading down in the round and getting an extra second. I'd have Landry on this list, probably before Evans and right after Smith. I think Fitzpatrick is a jack of all trades and master of none. He's going to be over drafted IMO, hope it is not by us. 

Let's hope 4-5 QB's go in the top 13 as well as 4 -5 offensive players. That would put us in position to get one of the top 5 defenders on your list. 

I'm pretty much counting all those guys out save for Davenport, who I give a 50/50 shot of being there at 14.

Then again, I would be amenable to moving up for any of them.

As for Smith/Evans, I agree Smith is the better player right now but Evans is not at all far behind (Think: Dont'a Hightower) and I like the value better. Smith is a pure weak-side OLB. I'd rank him over Evans if we didn't have Martinez, but we do, and I want Martinez to man the WILL spot than move inside to MIKE.

Also, I'm not sure what Smith's deal is with the Combine med-red, but on a team this injury-prone (not to mention our S&C team sucks), I find it worrisome.

58 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

Dude couldn’t stay on the field long enough to find out.   Seriously, Barkley is special. Think you would have to take him and plan your offense around he and Rogers together. 

Lets start building a top 10 defense before Rodgers retires. That'll win superbowls.

1 hour ago, MantyWrestler said:

I've already pointed out how little Rodgers throws to running backs over his career.  I had gifs of wide open running backs, RB targets per team, RB receptions per team... We've had good receiving running backs.  Starks was underrated at that and had a big year doing that for us when Rodgers got hurt back in 2013.  It's very real; Rodgers dislikes throwing to running backs. 

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have Barkley, but what he brings in terms of value for THIS TEAM as it is RIGHT NOW is lesser than most other players for us.  There's also the fact that if he doesn't block at the right angle relative to the sun's position and the position of the moon, McCarthy won't even put him in the game. 

Aaron Jones played in 12 games for us.  He averaged 5.5 yards per carry.  He was given the ball 81 times.  McCarthy doesn't use the running back he does have.

Barkley is the more valuable player.  He is not the more valuable player for us. 

27 minutes ago, Kenrik said:

Lets start building a top 10 defense before Rodgers retires. That'll win superbowls.

If you're not making fun of me, I agree.  Running backs aren't the overwhelming factors that win Super Bowls.  Defenses are.  I swear the next person who points out the score of the most recent Super Bowl is getting a figurative slap in the face because neither of the teams even get there if they don't hold two teams under 22 points to get there. 

3 minutes ago, HorizontoZenith said:

I've already pointed out how little Rodgers throws to running backs over his career.  I had gifs of wide open running backs, RB targets per team, RB receptions per team... We've had good receiving running backs.  Starks was underrated at that and had a big year doing that for us when Rodgers got hurt back in 2013.  It's very real; Rodgers dislikes throwing to running backs. 

I'm not saying it wouldn't be nice to have Barkley, but what he brings in terms of value for THIS TEAM as it is RIGHT NOW is lesser than most other players for us.  There's also the fact that if he doesn't block at the right angle relative to the sun's position and the position of the moon, McCarthy won't even put him in the game. 

Aaron Jones played in 12 games for us.  He averaged 5.5 yards per carry.  He was given the ball 81 times.  McCarthy doesn't use the running back he does have.

Barkley is the more valuable player.  He is not the more valuable player for us. 

Fair argument. I could be convinced to go this way but dang passing a Berkeley would be a tough pill to swallow. I feel like if that were to happen we would be talking about it decades from now just like passing on Barry Sanders

As Rodgers ages, I think he is smart enough to take the check down as his mobility escapes him. He is going to change as a player or get hurt as he ages- I think he knows that. Having a special check down target for Rodgers is not a bad idea because he is going to eventually understand he is not going to be able to escape the rush like he used to and make those amazing downfield plays after he escapes the rush. I am just not sure NOW is the time for that check down option.

Let me start this by saying I really like Ward but feel edge is a much greater need.

For all those people who want us to draft Ward at 14 if he’s there give me two or three edge rusher’s that will be available in the second and third round and convince me they can be difference makers. 

16 minutes ago, Rodjahs12 said:

Wasn’t the plan to build a top 10 defense and let Rodgers do the rest like 8 years ago? Apparently that’s harder to do than any of us cared to admit.

This is true. No more Capers is a good start. GB hasnt had a top 15 pick since the last superbowl win. Lets not spend that on a runningback. Top running backs can be found in later rounds and top pass rushers are rarely found past the 1st round.

Just now, MantyWrestler said:

Fair argument. I could be convinced to go this way but dang passing a Berkeley would be a tough pill to swallow. I feel like if that were to happen we would be talking about it decades from now just like passing on Barry Sanders

I'm not even saying it wouldn't be the right pick.  It would be the right pick.  I'm saying we wouldn't get the most value out of it. 

Archived