• Harold Landry [EDGE; Boston College]
    • Arden Key [EDGE; LSU]
    • Tremaine Edmunds [LB; Virginia Tech]
    • Roquan Smith [LB; Georgia]
    • Minkah Fitzpatrick [DB; Alabama]
    • Josh Jackson [CB; Iowa]
    • Denzel Ward [CB; Ohio State]
    • Derwin James [S; Florida State]

Thing is I really do not care if anyone views the 2nd or 3rd round edge rushers as difference makers.

I think the pass rush is going to be better next year because the rush packages will not be predictable and stale as they became. I do think the pass rush of Perry, CM3, Biegel, Gilbert and Fackrell will be better then they looked last year because of the change of scheme and because they will have a full combo of Mo, Daniels and Clark in front of them as well as Adams coming off his redshirt year.

Sure I want another top tier Edge guy in there- you cannot have enough pass rushers, but if the top CB is chosen instead (they say you cannot have enough corners either lol), I am not giving up hope on the pass rush at all for next year and I think anyone that is may not see the bigger picture. I think the pass rush is already going to be improved from last year because they got a new DC, Mo and they are getting players with upside back from last year that have some promise to make a second year jump.

17 hours ago, squire12 said:

I am going to make an assumption that this is specific to GB and the needs.  That for me means that the QB, RB are not going to be considered at pick 14.  

Given the current state of the roster and the premium position, I went with Denzel Ward

This was my thinking as well.  Plus our chances of getting Chubb or Barkley are minuscule unless we give up a bunch of our remaining picks. 

3 hours ago, TheGreatZepp said:

If I’m McCarthy and Rodgers doesn’t throw to running backs whie the packers have Barkley; I’m making him throw to Barkley!

Rodgers will only throw to Barkley if they both are in the Pro-Bowl.

23 minutes ago, Pugger said:

Rodgers will only throw to Barkley if they both are in the Pro-Bowl.

I dont think I'm paying close enough attention here cause I've no clue how Barkley is supposed to wind up on a GB roster.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, MantyWrestler said:

Let me start this by saying I really like Ward but feel edge is a much greater need.

For all those people who want us to draft Ward at 14 if he’s there give me two or three edge rusher’s that will be available in the second and third round and convince me they can be difference makers. 

Ogbonnia Okoronkwo , Josh Sweat , Lorenzo Carter, Dorance Armstrong Jr.,  Arden Key. 

Don't know that I can convince you though.  I'd throw Marques Haynes in the third/fourth.

On 3/19/2018 at 10:57 AM, MantyWrestler said:

Let me start this by saying I really like Ward but feel edge is a much greater need.

For all those people who want us to draft Ward at 14 if he’s there give me two or three edge rusher’s that will be available in the second and third round and convince me they can be difference makers. 

Nick Perry, Clay Matthews. Two guys who can be difference makers. Plus in FA still sits Dumervil, Barwin, Brooks, McPhee.

There are hundreds of snap open at EDGE right now, I'd guess there are thousands at DB. 

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

Nick Perry, Clay Matthews. Two guys who can be difference makers. Plus in FA still sits Dumervil, Barwin, Brooks, McPhee.

There are hundreds of snap open at EDGE right now, I'd guess there are thousands at DB. 

I like Dubz  List way more than the guys you listed. I would sign any of those veterans right now. And while I like Dubz list I’m not sure we have a chance to get any one of those guys after our second round pick  but I could go that route if we were to get Ward and one of those guys. 

20 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I like Dubz  List way more than the guys you listed. I would sign any of those veterans right now. And while I like Dubz list I’m not sure we have a chance to get any one of those guys after our second round pick  but I could go that route if we were to get Ward and one of those guys. 

None of those vets stop you from drafting any of those guys. This isn't a one or the other scenario. A guy like Dorance Armstrong isn't going to walk through the door and be anywhere close to the player Ahmad Brooks or Connor Barwin currently are.

1 hour ago, Packerraymond said:

If GB signed Dumervil and Barwin I'd be more okay going CB first round. 

7 minutes ago, Packerraymond said:

None of those vets stop you from drafting any of those guys. This isn't a one or the other scenario. A guy like Dorance Armstrong isn't going to walk through the door and be anywhere close to the player Ahmad Brooks or Connor Barwin currently are.

I agree with that but I don’t see a whole lot of value to your list. Brooks and Barwin maaaybe I sign them. But probably not. Draft would have to be real bad. 

3 minutes ago, MantyWrestler said:

I agree with that but I don’t see a whole lot of value to your list. Brooks and Barwin maaaybe I sign them. But probably not. Draft would have to be real bad. 

As I said, those players are bridges from one year to the next. I'd be totally shocked if any EDGE from the 3rd round or later was more productive than a guy like Barwin next season.

(Unless all the GMs in the NFL are idiots and pass on a guy like Carl Lawson over and over even though that's your biggest need. Looking especially at you Ted....)

Archived