All 7 Rounds - 1 Trade

goldfishwars

58 minutes ago, Crickett said:

Do you really think an average RT (your words, not mine) and arguably the worst NFL offensive lineman not named T.J. Clemmings or maaaaaybe Cameron Erving are going to hold you at left tackle? 

Probably not, as I stated. But they're going to give it a try and see if it works. Shon Coleman can handle speed rushers pretty decently. He's a good enough athlete to play there so at the very least, he's going to have a chance to be the guy. He's a good enough RT to not be benched. The fact that we brought in Chris Hubbard to play RT sealed the deal on the fact that we would be bumping Coleman out to LT. There was no reason to upgrade RT with that kind of cash unless we wanted to try Coleman at LT. That's my thought process behind it.

And I know Donald Stephenson is terrible. But we now have 4 OT's on the roster and the worst one was a chosen FA signing. I can't see them drafting an OT, even if there was one worth taking that high (I don't think there is).

Darnold is a homerun.

Chubb is okay. Ideally we trade back, but who knows if that will happen. I'd like Barkley at #4, but I'm not sure if Dorsey will take him. If we're stuck at #4 and decide to pass on Barkley, then Chubb is a strong possibility, and I wouldn't rule out Fitzpatrick or Ward either. Ogbah is a pretty good starter, but hasn't proven enough as a pass rusher. I do think we need another DE, but I just don't consider it a first round need, let alone a need that needs to be addressed in the top five. However, there's really no player besides maybe Barkley who is worth the fourth pick and also fits a big need for us. I wouldn't hate the Chubb pick, but I wouldn't love it either.

No to McGlinchey, unless the front office thinks he can play LT. With the signing of Hubbard, I think that likely indicates that Coleman will move over to LT this season. He may or may not be the long-term future at LT, but I think he'll be given the chance to prove himself. And I think that's a better option than drafting a tackle in this year's draft when the class is lacking in LTs.

The rest of the draft seems pretty good, though.

@goldfishwars- That is an amazing effort, and an accomplishment I could not myself have done if you gave me From Here to Eternity. I cannot imagine the amount of work that must have gone into it. Yet another of your monumental and much-appreciated efforts. Many thanks.

The unfortunate tendency for one reading this is to note the picks with which we might disagree, rather than touting all the ones you nailed. And I don't want to diminish your achievement. I'll only mention that I'm not sure if Buffalo's offer for the Giants' #2-overall pick would be sufficient. I think the Giants may very well trade down from that spot, if they are not besotted with one of the QB's, but I expect that Dave Gettleman, as a veteran GM, will hold onto his cards until the very last, upping the ante as QB-desperate teams start to panic and offer up the family fortune in order to draft Rosen or Darnold or whomever. 

(Jerry Reese, now, would have rented out a billboard just off the New Jersey Turnpike near the Meadowlands exit proclaiming the Giants' Best-Loved Prospect, so that Cleveland could then draft him and force the Giants into an Accorsi-Manning-Rivers overpayment on Draft Day).

Great job, and thanks again.  

I’ll address the first round only. Word around our local media is that Fitzpatrick is not being considered by us at all. As this mock stands I would say the 3 names in play for us would be Nelson (depending on the health of Sweezy), Ward, and James.

1 hour ago, bzane said:

@goldfishwars- That is an amazing effort, and an accomplishment I could not myself have done if you gave me From Here to Eternity. I cannot imagine the amount of work that must have gone into it. Yet another of your monumental and much-appreciated efforts. Many thanks.

The unfortunate tendency for one reading this is to note the picks with which we might disagree, rather than touting all the ones you nailed. And I don't want to diminish your achievement. I'll only mention that I'm not sure if Buffalo's offer for the Giants' #2-overall pick would be sufficient. I think the Giants may very well trade down from that spot, if they are not besotted with one of the QB's, but I expect that Dave Gettleman, as a veteran GM, will hold onto his cards until the very last, upping the ante as QB-desperate teams start to panic and offer up the family fortune in order to draft Rosen or Darnold or whomever. 

(Jerry Reese, now, would have rented out a billboard just off the New Jersey Turnpike near the Meadowlands exit proclaiming the Giants' Best-Loved Prospect, so that Cleveland could then draft him and force the Giants into an Accorsi-Manning-Rivers overpayment on Draft Day).

Great job, and thanks again.  

Oh yeah, agreed. Giants would definitely be seeking and getting something for next year for sure. 

6 hours ago, goldfishwars said:

San Francisco 49ers

9. Tremaine Edmunds [ ILB ] Va. Tech
59. Rashaad Penny [ RB ] San Diego St
70. D.J. Chark [ WR ] LSU
74. Brian O’Neil [ OT ] Pittsburgh
128. Kentavius Street [ EDGE ] N.C. State
143. Levi Wallace [ CB ] Alabama
184. KC McDermott [ G/T ] Miami (Fla.)
227. Johnny Townsend [ P ] Florida
240. Christopher Herndon IV [ TE ] Miami (Fla.)

Would be so-so with those picks - I would prefer something like this:

9. San Francisco 49ers  - Harold Landry [ EDGE ] Boston College
59. San Francisco 49ers (from New Orleans ) - Austin Corbett [ C/G ] Nevada
70. San Francisco 49ers (from Chicago ) - D.J. Chark [ WR ] LSU
74. San Francisco 49ers  - Quenton Meeks [ CB ] Stanford
128. San Francisco 49ers (from Pittsburgh ) - Marquis Haynes [ LB ] Ole Miss
143. San Francisco 49ers (from N.Y. Jets ) - Levi Wallace [ CB ] Alabama
184. San Francisco 49ers  - Bo Scarbrough [ RB ] Alabama
227. San Francisco 49ers  - Toby Weathersby [ OT ] LSU
240. San Francisco 49ers (from Kansas City ) - Azeem Victor [ ILB ] Washington

Atlanta Falcons

26. Taven Bryan [ DT ] Florida

58. Anthony Miller [ WR ] Memphis

90. Derrick Nnadi [ DT ] Florida St.

126. Tegray Scales [ LB ] Indiana

200. Kurt Benkert [ QB ] Virginia

244. Dimitri Flowers [ FB ] Oklahoma

256. Matt Pryor [ OT ] TCU

Honestly i like this draft alot i would change the LB in round 4 with a TE and the QB in round 6 with a LB but thats about it.   If we decided to leave the LB in round 4 then i would trade Benkert who would sorta be a wasted pick at this point for Lowell at DT to give us 4 Dt's for the roster because even with your draft we only have 3 right now and we need 4 lol. 

Jacksonville Jaguars

29. Mason Rudolph [ QB ] Oklahoma St. i can dig it. we need a backup QB and i think rudolph could replace bortles. other ideas: OT or G, TE, WR.  Mcglinchey would be a hell of a pickup and potentially give us 2 stud Tackles. Billy Price would replace the dissapointing AJ Cann or allow us to move Linder to G or RT potentially strengthening the Oline.  Goedert(hes my favorite TE as hes a good Pass catcher and a decent blocker) would give us a future starting TE to replace old man Lewis. DJ Moore is my wr2 behind sutton and he has connections with our WR Coach and i dont feel confident about the ability of Lee and Moncrief to stay healthy leaving us with Cole and Westrbook who IMO arent more then number 3 wrs. 

61. Mark Andrews [ TE ] Oklahoma good Pick considering the Run on TEs tho im not a huge fan of his. 

93. Shaquem Griffin [ LB ] UCF i really want Griffin on the jags as our Sam LBer but im not sure if id take him over having Desmond Harrison for a Potential RT. 

129. Auden Tate [ WR ] Florida St. im not a fan of his. big and slow doesnt Seem like our Offensive wr style(we like WRs who are fast and for the most part around 6 foot 200 pounds. i would go with Marquis Haynes to give us a Potential Sam LBer or sub package Edge rusher with Fowlers future with the jags in question. 

203. Arrion Springs [ CB ] Oregon im not a huge fan of his. i would go with either Michael Dickson or Nick nelson. Dickson would allow us to Cut Nortman who was pretty below average and give us some cap space.

225. Minnesota Vikings (from Denver ) - Adam Breneman [ TE ] UMass this te is retired just a Heads up/ 

230. Van Smith [ FS ] Clemson i dont think FS is a need for us. i would take a shot on Timon Paris to give us some oline depth.

247. Brendan Mahon [ G/T ] Penn St. i dont know who he is but with the revisions he would be a PS guy at best.  i would give a shot to Troy Apke whos athleticism makes him an intriguing project. 

Indianapolis Colts

6. Saquon Barkley [ RB ] Penn St.

36. Isaiah Oliver [ CB ] Colorado

37. Sam Hubbard [ EDGE ] Ohio St.

49. D.J. Moore [ WR ] Maryland

67. Braden Smith [ OG ] Auburn

104. Fred Warner [ LB ] BYU

140. J’Mon Moore [ WR ] Missouri

178. Kendrick Norton [ DT ] Miami (Fla.)

221. Brett Toth [ OT ] Army

I like it a lot.  Not sure Hubbard has the speed off the edge we are looking for but I do like him.

Archived