2018 NFL Schedule released - Opening game ATL @ PHI

Broncofan

7 minutes ago, tom cody said:

Good choice, think it might be an early preview of the 2019 NFC final.

No doubt both teams should be very good, but the NFC is so deep this year, even better than last year.

Eagles
Saints
Rams
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers 
Cowboys
Redskins
49ers
Lions

All teams I could see winning 10+ games if things fall their way.

The only teams I don't see being huge factors next season are the Cardinals, Seahawks, Bears, Bucs, Giants (Hell even one of these teams is likely to surprise us)

Re: Wentz, keep in mind that while he could very well be ready to play, he's not likely to be 100 percent until 18 months from the injury agility/explosion wise.   It would seem wise to make sure he's truly able to protect himself vs. that MIN pass rush before starting him.    It wouldn't surprise me at all to see Foles play.

On the other hand, it's a big game for MIN - they have to face LAR, SEA, PHI, NE and of course GB on the road.   First priority is to beat your division rivals to get a clear path to the division, but to be a top 2 team and get the bye, they're going to need to win at least 2, if not 3 of those 5 road games.    In that context, this has huge implications (of course the H2H record being a tiebreaker too).  

5 minutes ago, Danger said:

No doubt both teams should be very good, but the NFC is so deep this year, even better than last year.

Eagles
Saints
Rams
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers 
Cowboys
Redskins
49ers
Lions

All teams I could see winning 10+ games if things fall their way.

The only teams I don't see being huge factors next season are the Cardinals, Seahawks, Bears, Bucs, Giants (Hell even one of these teams is likely to surprise us)

I know you said could, so there's a natural qualifier - just keep mind those teams play each other a lot, some of them in the same division, then they play at least 2 of the other teams outside their division.  The NFC is just so loaded - but that means they knock each off, too.   I do think we'll see at least 7 10-W teams this year, which means one of them is out of the playoffs - which obviously would suck hard.   Frankly, the 7th-8th place NFC teams will probably be clearly better than the AFC WC teams this year.   Good to be an AFC team this year, bad to be a non-elite NFC team.

1 hour ago, vikingsrule said:

Last year he did. The teams have changed and success isn't guaranteed year over year. Philly will win though, how often does the road team fare in this Thursday openers.

I'm well aware the teams are gonna be different and I wasn't saying we will win. Just that he's capable of playing well enough to do so.

1 hour ago, Broncofan said:

I know you said could, so there's a natural qualifier - just keep mind those teams play each other a lot, some of them in the same division, then they play at least 2 of the other teams outside their division.  The NFC is just so loaded - but that means they knock each off, too.   I do think we'll see at least 7 10-W teams this year, which means one of them is out of the playoffs - which obviously would suck hard.   Frankly, the 7th-8th place NFC teams will probably be clearly better than the AFC WC teams this year.   Good to be an AFC team this year, bad to be a non-elite NFC team.

I agree. The NFC looks insanely stacked on paper. We will see how it turns out on the field but I can totally see a NFC team with double digit win record not making the playoffs vs an AFC 8-8 teams making it. And that will always drive me nuts but it is what it is. 

2 minutes ago, ACO said:

I agree. The NFC looks insanely stacked on paper. We will see how it turns out on the field but I can totally see a NFC team with double digit win record not making the playoffs vs an AFC 8-8 teams making it. And that will always drive me nuts but it is what it is. 

I think we won't see 8-8 being an AFC playoff team.  But I do think talent-wise the WC AFC teams won't be nearly as strong as the NFC 7th & 8th teams.   They'll get their wins vs. other weaker AFC teams.

The AFC vs. NFC record could be REALLY ugly this year.  I don't know the record, but this could be a record-breaker for the NFC.  The talent difference is that stark.  And I say this as an AFC fan, obviously. It does cycle, though, but right now, the dominant conference is the NFC, hands-down.

6 minutes ago, Broncofan said:

The AFC vs. NFC record could be REALLY ugly this year.  I don't know the record, but this could be a record-breaker for the NFC.  The talent difference is that stark.  And I say this as an AFC fan, obviously. It does cycle, though, but right now, the dominant conference is the NFC, hands-down.

I am curious to see some of the teams who did a big jump last season prove it wasn't a fluke. My eyes are on what the Bills, Titans and Jags do this year. Obviously the Browns are the big story as well. But yes, the NFC will be a fight. I can see it really coming all the way down to week 17 for many of these teams. Granted health and whatnot as always. 

3 hours ago, HTTRG3Dynasty said:

Will Wentz be healthy by then?

Why would they care about Wentz when they have the Super Bowl winning MVP on their roster?

Better off letting Wentz heal up and trade him for an entire draft and keep rolling with Foles.

Archived