2018 NFL Schedule released - Opening game ATL @ PHI

Broncofan

2 hours ago, tom cody said:

Good choice, think it might be an early preview of the 2019 NFC final.

Disagree strongly with this.

The only teams to meet in back to back NFC Championship games have been the 49ers and Cowboys it looks like and that was in 1971 and 1972 which were the first championship games and then again in 93, 94, and 95.

Another reason I don't think it will happen is the losing team hasn't usually made it back to the Championship game in recent memory. I mean the Eagles with Reid when they went to all those title games and lost were an anomaly. The Niners did it most recently, but that is it.

Then, you add in the fact Kirk Cousins has never won a playoff game (granted neither had Foles till this past playoffs) and this being the first year of a new offense with DeFilippo. I could be wrong, but I highly doubt there are many times a team has got to title game in the first year of a new offensive coordinator. Not to mention with a new quarterback.

And, as much as I love Wentz I'm pretty sure that QBs in their first playoffs haven't made it that far in the playoffs. Getting a first round bye again will be huge for us.

I guess we'll see, but I just don't see it happening.

cool cool

bring it on

I think everyone knew it'd be this..too many storylines for it not to be.
If anything you'd maybe think they'd save it because the opener always gets solid ratings anyway.

17 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Why would they care about Wentz when they have the Super Bowl winning MVP on their roster?

Better off letting Wentz heal up and trade him for an entire draft and keep rolling with Foles.

it'd take more than that even...he's the best QB not mid 30s+ and the best not named Aaron Rodgers

When you toss in ho he is off the field he's probably the most valuable asset in the league at this point.

1 minute ago, Kiltman said:

it'd take more than that even...he's the best QB not mid 30s+ and the best not named Aaron Rodgers

When you toss in ho he is off the field he's probably the most valuable asset in the league at this point.

Related image

Well then. Probably not much sense in arguing anything further at this point.

9 minutes ago, RuskieTitan said:

Related image

Well then. Probably not much sense in arguing anything further at this point.

haha, what's wrong with what I said?

is someone more valuable?

why would a 1st 2nd and basically two 3rd in value be enough to trade him for him? When we see teams routinely trade more to move up for lesser guys in the draft (see Jets) and the Eagles invested more into drafting him (two 1sts, a 2nd, a 3rd and a 4th). Did putting an MVPlike/ALL-pro season on the field this year decrease his value?

4 hours ago, Danger said:

No doubt both teams should be very good, but the NFC is so deep this year, even better than last year.

Eagles
Saints
Rams
Packers
Vikings
Falcons
Panthers 
Cowboys
Redskins
49ers
Lions

All teams I could see winning 10+ games if things fall their way.

The only teams I don't see being huge factors next season are the Cardinals, Seahawks, Bears, Bucs, Giants (Hell even one of these teams is likely to surprise us)

Lol @ Redskins having a chance at winning 10 games.  Theyre way more likely to win 5

9 minutes ago, footbull3196 said:

Lol @ Redskins having a chance at winning 10 games.  Theyre way more likely to win 5

They had probably the most injuries in football last year. Even still they lost a lot of games they could have won. They're a more talented team than people give them credit for.

Just now, Danger said:

They had probably the most injuries in football last year. Even still they lost a lot of games they could have won. They're a more talented team than people give them credit for.

I don't disagree with that, I just don't think Alex Smith is going to be the guy to get them to 10 wins especially considering he has a worse supporting cast around him than he did in Kansas City.  I will admit the Redskins defense has quietly turned itself into one of the better units in the league

5 hours ago, TheRealMcCoy said:

could be wrong, but I highly doubt there are many times a team has got to title game in the first year of a new offensive coordinator. Not to mention with a new quarterback.

Vikings did it last year

Archived