2018 Schedule

vike daddy

33y5kr6.jpg

Vikings have 8th-toughest schedule for 2018 season. The Vikings will face a tough road schedule in 2018, as Minnesota will play both Super Bowl LII participants — Philadelphia and New England — away from U.S. Bank Stadium. The Vikings will also have to travel to the West Coast for road games against the Rams and Seahawks, as well as the East Coast to face the Jets.

Put it all together and the Vikings’ opponents in 2018 had a combined winning percentage of .520 and Minnesota will be playing five 2017 playoff teams and eight games against teams with a winning record last year.

Still, compared to the rest of the NFC North, the Vikings’ schedule isn’t too bad. The Green Bay Packers have the toughest schedule in the NFL, based on strength of schedule. Their 2018 opponents had a .539 winning percentage in 2017, and the Detroit Lions are tied for the second- hardest schedule, with their 2018 opponents combining for a .535 winning percentage in 2017. The final team in the NFC North, the Chicago Bears, are tied with the Vikings for the eighth- hardest schedule in the NFL, with their opponents posting a .520 winning percentage in 2017.

http://www.vikings.com/news/lunch-break/article-1/Lunchbreak-The-Ins-and-Outs-of-the-Franchise-Tag/ee092d3a-4171-4f96-a1d0-97f14a774990?sf182590267=1

It will be a tough season, but obviously hard to say how tough.

I like us in most of our home games, and don't see us losing more than two of those, at the most. On the road is tougher though, so it will be interesting to see what happens.

While the road schedule does appear to be tough on paper, it'll be more about when they play them...if they start out the season at Philly and at New England, I think they'd have a better chance of being 2-0 than they would playing those games in Weeks 9-10.  

And plus, I think Seattle is going to be on a tremendous downswing this season while they attempt to reload.  I wouldn't be all that surprised to see them go 6-10.  

At first, I was really confused. I was really curious on how our division rivals have harder schedules than us. I thought the only difference is the two divisions where you play the same placing opponents. Then I remembered they have to play us twice lol.

I just hope these away games can be separated well. It's a tough enough just looking at it. I can't imagine having the Eagles/Patriots back to back or something.

10 minutes ago, HighHopes said:

At first, I was really confused. I was really curious on how our division rivals have harder schedules than us. I thought the only difference is the two divisions where you play the same placing opponents. Then I remembered they have to play us twice lol.

I just hope these away games can be separated well. It's a tough enough just looking at it. I can't imagine having the Eagles/Patriots back to back or something.

Bingo.

Yeah, we have to play Philadelphia (13-3) while Green Bay gets to play Washington (7-9), but we get to play Green Bay (7-9) twice while Green Bay gets to play Minnesota (13-3) twice.

• 4 weeks later...

The NFL schedule hasn’t been released yet, but the first game has reportedly been decided.

The Vikings will visit Philadelphia to take on the Eagles in the annual Thursday night opener in the Super Bowl champion’s host stadium, according to longtime Philadelphia media member Howard Eskin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/19/report-vikings-eagles-will-open-the-2018-nfl-season/

3 minutes ago, vike daddy said:

The NFL schedule hasn’t been released yet, but the first game has reportedly been decided.

The Vikings will visit Philadelphia to take on the Eagles in the annual Thursday night opener in the Super Bowl champion’s host stadium, according to longtime Philadelphia media member Howard Eskin.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/03/19/report-vikings-eagles-will-open-the-2018-nfl-season/

Fully expected.  

Good ... I wanted to start the season against Philly.

Might even decide the #1 seed

We have an incredibly hard schedule. LAR, SEA , NE, PHI you likely wished was at home... only hard team at home is NO.

We'll blow through the home games {easy home schedule), since I wish we had some harder opponent at home.

1 hour ago, SemperFeist said:

Kirk Cousins is 4-3 in 7 starts against the Eagles, with 16 touchdowns and 5 interceptions. 

2017 - 0-2 

BY OPPONENT CMP ATT YDS CMP% AVG LNG TD INT SACK RAT ATT YDS AVG LNG TD

VS. PHI 53 80 543 66.3 6.79 34 4 2 8 91.8 7 48 6.9 11 0

Archived