January 3 (Week 17)
November 23 (Week 12)
November 24 (Week 12)
December 2 (Week 13)
November 14 (Week 10)
October 24 (Week 7)
November 1 (Week 8)
September 8 (Week 1)

The Minnesota Vikings have improved their odds to win Super Bowl 53 next year after their moves in free agency. The gambling site Bovada.lv gave the Vikings 12/1 odds to win Super Bowl 53 the day after Super Bowl 52 concluded in Minnesota. One week into free agency, which saw the Vikings sign QB Kirk Cousins and DT Sheldon Richardson, the Vikings improved their odds to 9/1, good enough for third place among all NFL teams.

The New England Patriots remained steady at 5/1 odds to win the Super Bowl after they lost their most recent Super Bowl bid, and the Philadelphia Eagles, who beat the Patriots in the Super Bowl 52, are second overall and the favorite in the NFC at 17/2 odds, slightly better than their 9/1 odds they had on Feb. 5.

The Vikings and Eagles were two of 11 teams to see their odds improve after free agency while seven teams remained with the same odds and 14 teams have longer odds to win the Super Bowl now than they did before free agency started.

https://scout.com/nfl/vikings/Article/Minnesota-Vikings-improve-Super-Bowl-odds-in-post-free-agency-offering-116555189

I do find it funny when analysts talk about if the Vikings can go 13-3 again and they talk about how much harder the schedule will be this year and that there is no way they will. I was listening to Eric Eager with Matthew Coller and he mentioned that they were more like a 10-6, 11-5 ceiling type team.  Now I am not saying they will go 13-3 or 14-2, it's still way to early for that but I really find it hard to believe that it's that much harder. AFC east is a joke outside of New England, similar to last years AFC North. The NFC south sent 3 teams to the playoffs last year. The NFC West will be competitive, but the Cardinals are in a weird rebuild/push for it mode, and the Seahawks defense has fallen apart. 

As far as the 3rd place vs. 1st place schedule. Last years 3rd place was the Rams (supposedly easy game) and the Redskins. This year is the Eagles, Saints, so yes tougher on paper, but not a 3 game difference. 

12 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

I want to see 15-1 ... yes we're that good

Talent wise? Yes. 

1 week type injuries occur. Can derail a team enough to have to adjust game plans and its enough to lose a game. 

Even with “depth” usually teams don’t get better when a starter is missing. 

I want to see 16-0. We have enough talent to beat every team in the NFL. 

Will we? I find it doubtful.

What I truly want to see is us come out and win the NFC North, hopefully the #1 seed. 

8 minutes ago, VikeManDan said:

Can't wait for week 1 re-match!

I keep seeing talk about the week 1 matchup. Maybe I missed it. Has anything been released suggesting that we will be playing the Eagles week one or is it still just speculation?

Archived