2018 Schedule

vike daddy

21 hours ago, disaacs said:

2010 - Veteran squad that fell off...and a lot of chaos

2001 - Followed abrupt retirement of Robert Smith and Korey Stringer death

1999 - Jeff George.

2-4 in games Cunningham started (8 TDs, 9 INTs)
8-2 in games George started (23 TDs, 12 INTs)

BTW I totally don't remember opening that season in Atlanta. That was actually one of Randall's two wins, the other being Tampa Bay. So he avenged the only two losses from 1998, but lost his other starts.

Saints running back Mark Ingram has been suspended for the first four games of the season. The NFL has handed Ingram a four-game suspension for violating the league’s policy on performance-enhancing substances. That’s the standard suspension for a first-time PED offense.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/05/08/nfl-suspends-mark-ingram-four-games-for-peds/

we play them Week 8.

• 1 month later...

We are still two months away from the NFL regular season, but the Minnesota Vikings just caught their first break of the year. The NFL announced Tuesday it has suspended San Francisco 49ers star linebacker Reuben Foster for the first two games of the season.

Foster’s absence could have a significant impact on the Vikings’ opening day opponent. Last season Pro Football Focus ranked him the fourth best inside linebacker in the NFL.

http://www.1500espn.com/vikings-2/2018/07/49ers-will-without-reuben-foster-vs-vikings-opener/

Week 4: Rams — One of Peters, Suh or Talib will likely be booted for some nonsense...or they'll just self-implode the locker room

Week 5: Eagles — Mike Wallace will come up lame after trying to get away from Waynes

• 3 weeks later...

Man, watching some of the NFL Network coverage today and seeing the schedule pop up on the screen, I forgot how this isn't going to be an easy schedule. Actually, going off on a tangent for a second, I wonder if that's part of the reason why the NFL always seems to have so much parity....better teams have tougher schedules the following season, while worse teams have an easier path to improvement.

Back to the schedule, I think it's important to get out of the first 5 games with 3 wins minimum. That can really set us up well for the next four games before the bye, and get us in a good spot for the stretch coming out of the bye.

On ‎7‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 9:14 PM, Klomp said:

Man, watching some of the NFL Network coverage today and seeing the schedule pop up on the screen, I forgot how this isn't going to be an easy schedule. Actually, going off on a tangent for a second, I wonder if that's part of the reason why the NFL always seems to have so much parity....better teams have tougher schedules the following season, while worse teams have an easier path to improvement.

Back to the schedule, I think it's important to get out of the first 5 games with 3 wins minimum. That can really set us up well for the next four games before the bye, and get us in a good spot for the stretch coming out of the bye.

This team should be capable of going 4-1 in the opening 5 games, as that @ Rams Thursday game is a schedule loss.

22 minutes ago, CriminalMind said:

This team should be capable of going 4-1 in the opening 5 games, as that @ Rams Thursday game is a schedule loss.

Yeah...it will all depend upon how the offense starts the season.  I have full faith in the defense, but the offense is certainly still a question mark. 

• 1 month later...

Florio's Power Rankings:

1. Eagles (0-0): The champs get the top spot until they lose. These champs may not have the top spot for as long as Rocky Balboa did.

2. Patriots (0-0): Brady is still there. Belichick is still there. The rest of the AFC East is still there. So the Patriots are still here, near the top of the stack.

3. Saints (0-0): Falcons fans will spend the whole year worrying that the Saints will be celebrating their second Super Bowl win to cap the second season of Atlanta’s new stadium.

4. Packers (0-0): The arrival of Jimmy Graham and the long-needed termination of Dom Capers could be the thing that catapults the Packers back to the Super Bowl.

5. Jaguars (0-0): Can a young, talented team handle the weight of their sky-high expectations?

6. Falcons (0-0): The best team that no one seems to be talking about.

7. Steelers (0-0): They’ll be relegated to also-rans as long as the Patriots remain the Patriots, and possibly as long as the Jaguars remain the Jaguars.

8. Rams (0-0): Can Wade Phillips keep a highly talented but volatile defense from imploding?

9. Vikings (0-0): Expectations are way too high for a team that dumped three starting-caliber quarterbacks and paid a ton of money for a potential franchise quarterback who is new to the franchise.

10. Chiefs (0-0): Patrick Mahomes and Tyreek Hill could be the one-two punch that could propel the Chiefs back to the Super Bowl, sooner than later.

11. Seahawks (0-0): Too many people are writing off a team that boasts one of the best coach-quarterback combinations in the league.

12. Panthers (0-0): If Christian McCaffrey stays healthy and produces, the Carolina offense could go a long way toward helping the team thrive in a very tough division.

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/09/06/week-one-power-rankings-7/

Archived