2018 Schedule

vike daddy

1 minute ago, Klomp said:

While I understand that thinking, I like getting it out of the way. It's still relatively early in the season, so both Rodgers and Wentz could have rust. And I will always be in favor of getting a trip to Lambeau out of the way in September!

Yeah, I don't mind getting it out of the way early. Should make for an interesting first few weeks. The 49ers will be a tough game as well

Things I like about the schedule. 

1. Home opener with pumped up crowd to rattle Jimmy G.

2. Early trip to GB

3. 10 days between the Rams Eagles game. A lot of time to prep for them. (Carson might not be ready yet)

4. November will be big for us. Play all NFC north teams.

5. Last potential cold game is early Dec in Seattle. 

6. Last 3 games are in domes

4 minutes ago, TENINCH said:

I don't think either team is going to be what we've been used to seeing.

Seattle for sure. Always a tough place to play though.

I didn't even notice that. It's a lot of traveling in roughly a 10-day span.

4 hours ago, SemperFeist said:

Love the positioning of the Thursday game and the bye week. Basically it gives the team two bye weeks, with games nicely spread out. 

The position of the TNF game is fine, but the fact that we need to go directly across the country and go to the west coast on the short week is really going to hurt us.

We're likely dropping that game, since the Rams will be in California for around 28 days to start the season and entering the game vs Vikings. In fact, some top Rams starters might not make the road trip to NO for the 4th preseason game... allowing them to be in California from August 10 to September 27th

Put that one in the L column, and call it a schedule loss with unfortunate negative playoff implications.

?

Home team record in prime time games, 2013-17:

TNF: 45-33 (.577)

SNF: 51-32-1 (.607)

MNF: 47-39 (.547)

So there’s no particular advantage for the home team on a Thursday night compared to any other prime time game. 

11 hours ago, SouthernViking said:

Things I like about the schedule. 

1. Home opener with pumped up crowd to rattle Jimmy G.

2. Early trip to GB

3. 10 days between the Rams Eagles game. A lot of time to prep for them. (Carson might not be ready yet)

4. November will be big for us. Play all NFC north teams.

5. Last potential cold game is early Dec in Seattle. 

6. Last 3 games are in domes

That depends upon your definition of "cold"...historically, it's still around 50 degrees in early December in Seattle.  

Archived