Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
El ramster

Draft Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

Am i crazy.. But i feel like Baker Mayfield is a certified bust.. I don't love him at all.. He's a terrible prospect. 

He will bust and bust hard/

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Since we didn't already have one, I figured I'd make a thread for any and all draft discussion.

Edit - still getting used to these moderator tools. @El ramster tried to merge your comment from the offseason thread here now you're the thread creator. Oh well.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I don't agree on Mayfield, though I do think Josh Allen has bust written all over him.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

I don't agree on Mayfield, though I do think Josh Allen has bust written all over him.

Agree 100%

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, Flatlyner said:

I don't agree on Mayfield, though I do think Josh Allen has bust written all over him.

I think we should all have gotten over labeling any of these guys busts before they are drafted. If you cant look at the guys in the past decade and realize most of them would have been somewhat successful if they were put into the right situation (scheme fit, given time to sit, actual weapons/line around them) then you should re-evaluate your draftnik status.

Ofcourse some of them just got overhyped and drafted way too early by anxious owners who wanted a better product quicker and scared GM/Coaches trying to save their jobs. 

When I look at the handful off 1st Round talent, I can see easy paths that they all flourish in the league for years. But there are also plenty of scenarios that they flame out and are ruined before they can get into a good enough situation.

If Josh Allen ends up in Buffao, with a team committed to running the bal and just needs an early Roethlisberger type to take care of the ball and thow a bomb every once in a while to keep them honest, He could thrive as he keeps learning for the next 3 years.

Edited by StLunatic88

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have been looking around at some of the "out of the box" options if they were to fall to us at #23.

My current internal discussion has been around Calvin Ridley. After a disappointing Combine, many are projecting him to drop 10+ spots. (and he was already a tentative Top 10 pick as is). I am not sure I believe it, but if that were to happen, I would have to look LONG and HARD at adding him to this Offense.

I know everything has pointed to this being a Defensive focused Offseason, but the Offense needs to be also continuously upgraded. I have been one of the biggest proponents of Josh Reynolds around here, but Ridley is just a darn good football player

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we get Suh I'm getting on board the Calvin Ridley train for our #23 if he's available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, StLunatic88 said:

I have been looking around at some of the "out of the box" options if they were to fall to us at #23.

My current internal discussion has been around Calvin Ridley. After a disappointing Combine, many are projecting him to drop 10+ spots. (and he was already a tentative Top 10 pick as is). I am not sure I believe it, but if that were to happen, I would have to look LONG and HARD at adding him to this Offense.

I know everything has pointed to this being a Defensive focused Offseason, but the Offense needs to be also continuously upgraded. I have been one of the biggest proponents of Josh Reynolds around here, but Ridley is just a darn good football player

I didn't think we had a chance of being able to come close to picking Ridley...now it could very well be a possibility....If he's anywhere near us when it come time we should get him! Especially if we sign Suh

Edited by RamPackFan

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, El ramster said:

Am i crazy.. But i feel like Baker Mayfield is a certified bust.. I don't love him at all.. He's a terrible prospect. 

He will bust and bust hard/

I think Mayfield will be good....I think this a repeat of the 83 draft, in all honesty.  I think Darnold, Rosen, Mayfield, Allen and Jackson will all be franchise QB's in this league...I really do.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Ridley is an interesting topic.  Never thought he'd get close to us, and, honestly, I don't think he will be there at 23, but he is intriguing.  I think there is little chance Dallas passes on him honestly, if he were to fall to 19.  That said, if Vea, Smith, Edmunds, Payne, Landry are off the board, I'm thinking hard at trading down or taking Vander Esch or Evans.   We have some glaring holes on D that have thus far not been filled in FA.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can anyone explain to me why Ridley's combine was so disappointing. I didn't get to see it, but it's all I hear draft experts talk about when discussing him now. Did he really look that bad to where it starts taking away from what he did in college?

I know the other numbers were below average, but people are acting like him running a 4.43 is ridiculously slow.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
17 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

I think we should all have gotten over labeling any of these guys busts before they are drafted. If you cant look at the guys in the past decade and realize most of them would have been somewhat successful if they were put into the right situation (scheme fit, given time to sit, actual weapons/line around them) then you should re-evaluate your draftnik status.

Looking at most of the guys who didn't pan out, I don't think they pan out on 95% of teams (Gabbert, Manziel, Weeden, Locker, Russell, Sanchez, Leinart, etc.).

1 hour ago, JonStark said:

Can anyone explain to me why Ridley's combine was so disappointing. I didn't get to see it, but it's all I hear draft experts talk about when discussing him now. Did he really look that bad to where it starts taking away from what he did in college?

I know the other numbers were below average, but people are acting like him running a 4.43 is ridiculously slow.

It was only disappointing if you had a misconception of whom Ridley is imo.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 9:52 AM, El ramster said:

Am i crazy.. But i feel like Baker Mayfield is a certified bust.. I don't love him at all.. He's a terrible prospect. 

He will bust and bust hard/

Funny. I think he's the best QB to come out since Luck. Isn't football fun?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/19/2018 at 7:53 PM, Flatlyner said:

Ridley is an interesting topic.  Never thought he'd get close to us, and, honestly, I don't think he will be there at 23, but he is intriguing.  I think there is little chance Dallas passes on him honestly, if he were to fall to 19.  That said, if Vea, Smith, Edmunds, Payne, Landry are off the board, I'm thinking hard at trading down or taking Vander Esch or Evans.   We have some glaring holes on D that have thus far not been filled in FA.

Not that I'd want him anyways, but that dude is destined to be a Raven.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×