Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
El ramster

Draft Discussion Thread

Recommended Posts

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

You asked for our opinions, mot whether it's possible. I have serious doubts about Ridley being available, and the other two don't interest me enough at #23.

Actually I asked in general. But yeah I don’t Ridley will be there but personally I think Kirk is the best WR in this draft. It would be something if the Rams who already scouted Reynolds last year from TAM knew even more about Kirk and liked him just as much if not more than they did Reynolds. I don’t think though the Rams would draft a WR but I also don’t think the Rams will lock themselves at a certain position in the first round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just wanted to run out my Big Board for #23, there are a few (semi-realistic) guys who I would be completely OK with going up the draft to grab. Obviously I would love guys like Quinten Nelson or Denzel Ward, but they are almost impossible for us to go get. But these guys could be in a more attainable trade up range (5-10 spots)

  • Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech - Guy has dominant skills from the LB spot, and has a bunch of them. Would be the perfect LB for us
  • Vita Vea NT Washington - Ive said it before, Ill say it again, we need a great NT for this defense. Suh is good for '18, but need one for the future

 

  1. Marcus Davenport EDGE UTSA
    • A few months ago I would have said Marcus would have been part of the above list, as he was getting pushed into Top 10 territory. I still think his potential is that high, but he just isnt there yet. He has all the tools to become an Elite Edge Rusher in the NFL. His length and raw rush move-set could make him a day one impact sliding right into the role Quinn just vacated. There are others that could have more of an impact day one, but Davenports upside is not usually found in the mid 20s.
  2. Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
    • Somehow Calvin has become an underrated prospect. I see a very pro-ready receiver. Much like Kupp last year, I love Ridley;s route running and savvy moves before the ball is thrown. He has all the makings of a #1 WR, just not a Julio/OBJ/AB type, which would actually be perfect for this offense. I wish he was stronger, with a better base, and maybe he develops, but right now he projects as a back end Top25/30 receiver for most of his career. I dont know about you guys, but Id take Reggie Wayne here.
  3. Da'Ron Payne DL Alabama
    • Another guy who is probably gone for our pick, but who I would love to add to this team. Yes, I know we signed Suh, but thats only for this year. Payne could play like him (not the same level) as that NT in Wades system, and as the 4th lineman this year that is a nasty fresh body to rotate in. There are more talented DTs in this draft, but no one works harder than Payne. I love that he got himself into the shape he is in now.
  4. Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise St
    • I may be a bit higher on him than most, but when you watch his tape he just jumps off the screen. He is a heat seeking missle out there, and he knows how to bring the lumber when he gets there. Great build, so athletic, and so instinctual, and to top it all off he this was just his first big step, he looks like he has so much more potential. Id love to get him as the QB for this defense (especially behind the wall we have built)
  5. Harold Landry EDGE Boston College
    • Some might call this way too low on Landry, but honestly these Top 5 are all bunched together for me, and I would run up to the podium for any of these guys. Landry might be right with Davenport if it werent for a couple of things, he is slightly undersized (his athleticism and length help him make up for it) and that injury history as me tentative. But he really is a great Edge prospect, who can get to the QB and knows how to attack the football. Plush he is more comfortable dropping than most at this point. He has the tools to be that all-around Edge guy we have talked about.
  6. Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
    • This is the point where I would start fielding calls for moving down, ans recouping future picks, but people are WAY too down on McGlinchey. The problem was he was touted as a Top 5 guy during last year draft, now now his reputation is paying for it. He is still a darn good Lineman, I like his footwork, technique and reliability. When he gets in the league and learns the veteran lineman moves and tricks, he is going to be one of those guys that all the Defensive Lineman just hate. he needs to get stronger and thicker up top, but that is doable, and he might end up being a RT, but it should be for the next decade. If he could learn from Whitworth, I could see an easy transition from one to the other.
  7. Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
    • Its like they built him in a lab, but the problem is the intangible stuff that they can build in. He isnt the most natural, and take his time diagnosing plays. Seems like the massive Alabama front line really helped him, so what we are doing would be helpful. He could also play outside as he is at his best while rushing. I wouldnt be the most excited for Evans, but I would understand the pick and he could help out right away.   
  8. Isaiah Wynn OL Georgia
    • I really like everything Wynn brings to the table, he has every skill you want in a Tackle, except he is too short. And unlike many other spots where a guy can overcome, it would be very hard to at the Tackle spot. But he would be an excellent addition to this line. I think he could potentially even be a solution at Center long term given the chance to learn it. 
  9. Josh Jackson CB Iowa
    • No, we do not need another Corner, but if Jackson is still here, he would be worth the pick. This would probably mean the end for Webster on the roster, but you really can never have too many CBs. It would be unlikely to pick him, a trade out is MUCH more likely, but I would understand not passing on this talent if they cant get good enough compensation to move out of here.
  10. Will Hernandez OL UTEP
    • This is just a value spot here. We dont need a guard at this point, but Hernandez would be an upgrade over Brown immediately (and really help out the depth along the line). Dude is just a monster on the Line. Some question his height and arms but he has proven that those are not an issue what-so-ever. I would imagine many would not be happy with this pick, but I would be pretty happy with it if the rest are gone and we cant really move down
  11. Sam Hubbard EDGE Ohio St
    • If we get here with the talent before we pick (not sure it would be possible) but I am sounding every alarm to move out of this pick. This next group seems to be more like if we move down to the 30s in a trade back. Im not sure what it is, but I just never liked Sam Hubbard. There has always been alot of talk about him as a pro, but it has felt like he has profited off of all the talent around him at OSU and that has somehow raised his stock. I know he has talent, but he is just one of those guys Im not sure does enough for me to want to draft him.
  12. Tim Settle NT Virginia Tech
    • For a bit Settle moved up into the Top 25 conversation. That hype has simmered a bit, but he is still one of those freaks of nature that moves like he is half the size he really is. As applies to the other NT prospects, he could still be an impact guys this year, while setting up the future with Donald and Brockers flanking him. 
  13. Connor Williams OL Texas
    • There is a group of OL prospects here, and none of them are super exciting, but they could all be very solid anchors to the OL for years to come. Williams looked like the next big thing coming to the draft a couple years ago, but he has not been the same. Does he still have that in him somewhere? Or is he just an above average, although reliable, lineman?
  14. James Daniels OL Iowa
    • Daniles is a guy who has moved up the board some (who the Rams have looked into) mostly due to his athleticism as a man that big, and versatility on the inside. I think he is best suited as a Center, but Im not sure he could make an impact year one with who we already have. 
  15. Billy Price OL Ohio St
    • Its not too often that you see an interior line prospect play so out of control. But if you could harness that and direct it he could be the nasty powerful lineman that i would love to have. The injury has pushed him down, but even without it, he is probably only at the front of this grouping.
  16. Arden Key EDGE LSU
    • I know, I know, but he has an elite skill if you can get it out of him. I wouldnt completely take him off my board, just push him way down.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Car_Ramrod said:

@NVRamsFan Where do you find reliable information on visiting prospects? I'm curious

A couple Twitter guys and on reddit.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Car_Ramrod said:

@NVRamsFan Where do you find reliable information on visiting prospects? I'm curious

Here's another one.

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, NVRamsFan said:

Here's another one.

 

 

He's a guy who makes sense if he falls to the 3rd round.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, StLunatic88 said:

Just wanted to run out my Big Board for #23, there are a few (semi-realistic) guys who I would be completely OK with going up the draft to grab. Obviously I would love guys like Quinten Nelson or Denzel Ward, but they are almost impossible for us to go get. But these guys could be in a more attainable trade up range (5-10 spots)

  • Tremaine Edmunds LB Virginia Tech - Guy has dominant skills from the LB spot, and has a bunch of them. Would be the perfect LB for us
  • Vita Vea NT Washington - Ive said it before, Ill say it again, we need a great NT for this defense. Suh is good for '18, but need one for the future

 

  1. Marcus Davenport EDGE UTSA
    • A few months ago I would have said Marcus would have been part of the above list, as he was getting pushed into Top 10 territory. I still think his potential is that high, but he just isnt there yet. He has all the tools to become an Elite Edge Rusher in the NFL. His length and raw rush move-set could make him a day one impact sliding right into the role Quinn just vacated. There are others that could have more of an impact day one, but Davenports upside is not usually found in the mid 20s.
  2. Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
    • Somehow Calvin has become an underrated prospect. I see a very pro-ready receiver. Much like Kupp last year, I love Ridley;s route running and savvy moves before the ball is thrown. He has all the makings of a #1 WR, just not a Julio/OBJ/AB type, which would actually be perfect for this offense. I wish he was stronger, with a better base, and maybe he develops, but right now he projects as a back end Top25/30 receiver for most of his career. I dont know about you guys, but Id take Reggie Wayne here.
  3. Da'Ron Payne DL Alabama
    • Another guy who is probably gone for our pick, but who I would love to add to this team. Yes, I know we signed Suh, but thats only for this year. Payne could play like him (not the same level) as that NT in Wades system, and as the 4th lineman this year that is a nasty fresh body to rotate in. There are more talented DTs in this draft, but no one works harder than Payne. I love that he got himself into the shape he is in now.
  4. Leighton Vander Esch LB Boise St
    • I may be a bit higher on him than most, but when you watch his tape he just jumps off the screen. He is a heat seeking missle out there, and he knows how to bring the lumber when he gets there. Great build, so athletic, and so instinctual, and to top it all off he this was just his first big step, he looks like he has so much more potential. Id love to get him as the QB for this defense (especially behind the wall we have built)
  5. Harold Landry EDGE Boston College
    • Some might call this way too low on Landry, but honestly these Top 5 are all bunched together for me, and I would run up to the podium for any of these guys. Landry might be right with Davenport if it werent for a couple of things, he is slightly undersized (his athleticism and length help him make up for it) and that injury history as me tentative. But he really is a great Edge prospect, who can get to the QB and knows how to attack the football. Plush he is more comfortable dropping than most at this point. He has the tools to be that all-around Edge guy we have talked about.
  6. Mike McGlinchey OT Notre Dame
    • This is the point where I would start fielding calls for moving down, ans recouping future picks, but people are WAY too down on McGlinchey. The problem was he was touted as a Top 5 guy during last year draft, now now his reputation is paying for it. He is still a darn good Lineman, I like his footwork, technique and reliability. When he gets in the league and learns the veteran lineman moves and tricks, he is going to be one of those guys that all the Defensive Lineman just hate. he needs to get stronger and thicker up top, but that is doable, and he might end up being a RT, but it should be for the next decade. If he could learn from Whitworth, I could see an easy transition from one to the other.
  7. Rashaan Evans LB Alabama
    • Its like they built him in a lab, but the problem is the intangible stuff that they can build in. He isnt the most natural, and take his time diagnosing plays. Seems like the massive Alabama front line really helped him, so what we are doing would be helpful. He could also play outside as he is at his best while rushing. I wouldnt be the most excited for Evans, but I would understand the pick and he could help out right away.   
  8. Isaiah Wynn OL Georgia
    • I really like everything Wynn brings to the table, he has every skill you want in a Tackle, except he is too short. And unlike many other spots where a guy can overcome, it would be very hard to at the Tackle spot. But he would be an excellent addition to this line. I think he could potentially even be a solution at Center long term given the chance to learn it. 
  9. Josh Jackson CB Iowa
    • No, we do not need another Corner, but if Jackson is still here, he would be worth the pick. This would probably mean the end for Webster on the roster, but you really can never have too many CBs. It would be unlikely to pick him, a trade out is MUCH more likely, but I would understand not passing on this talent if they cant get good enough compensation to move out of here.
  10. Will Hernandez OL UTEP
    • This is just a value spot here. We dont need a guard at this point, but Hernandez would be an upgrade over Brown immediately (and really help out the depth along the line). Dude is just a monster on the Line. Some question his height and arms but he has proven that those are not an issue what-so-ever. I would imagine many would not be happy with this pick, but I would be pretty happy with it if the rest are gone and we cant really move down
  11. Sam Hubbard EDGE Ohio St
    • If we get here with the talent before we pick (not sure it would be possible) but I am sounding every alarm to move out of this pick. This next group seems to be more like if we move down to the 30s in a trade back. Im not sure what it is, but I just never liked Sam Hubbard. There has always been alot of talk about him as a pro, but it has felt like he has profited off of all the talent around him at OSU and that has somehow raised his stock. I know he has talent, but he is just one of those guys Im not sure does enough for me to want to draft him.
  12. Tim Settle NT Virginia Tech
    • For a bit Settle moved up into the Top 25 conversation. That hype has simmered a bit, but he is still one of those freaks of nature that moves like he is half the size he really is. As applies to the other NT prospects, he could still be an impact guys this year, while setting up the future with Donald and Brockers flanking him. 
  13. Connor Williams OL Texas
    • There is a group of OL prospects here, and none of them are super exciting, but they could all be very solid anchors to the OL for years to come. Williams looked like the next big thing coming to the draft a couple years ago, but he has not been the same. Does he still have that in him somewhere? Or is he just an above average, although reliable, lineman?
  14. James Daniels OL Iowa
    • Daniles is a guy who has moved up the board some (who the Rams have looked into) mostly due to his athleticism as a man that big, and versatility on the inside. I think he is best suited as a Center, but Im not sure he could make an impact year one with who we already have. 
  15. Billy Price OL Ohio St
    • Its not too often that you see an interior line prospect play so out of control. But if you could harness that and direct it he could be the nasty powerful lineman that i would love to have. The injury has pushed him down, but even without it, he is probably only at the front of this grouping.
  16. Arden Key EDGE LSU
    • I know, I know, but he has an elite skill if you can get it out of him. I wouldnt completely take him off my board, just push him way down.

Ridley and Anthony Miller are going to be players on Sundays. BTW, you're missing Anthony Miller and Dallas Goedert. ;)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/29/2018 at 11:21 AM, StLunatic88 said:

 

  1. Calvin Ridley WR Alabama
    • Somehow Calvin has become an underrated prospect. I see a very pro-ready receiver. Much like Kupp last year, I love Ridley;s route running and savvy moves before the ball is thrown. He has all the makings of a #1 WR, just not a Julio/OBJ/AB type, which would actually be perfect for this offense. I wish he was stronger, with a better base, and maybe he develops, but right now he projects as a back end Top25/30 receiver for most of his career. I dont know about you guys, but Id take Reggie Wayne here.

I think you inadvertently explained why everyone is finally diving off the Ridley/top receiver hype.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, chris00cm said:

I think you inadvertently explained why everyone is finally diving off the Ridley/top receiver hype.

Only blind people. And you can't be serious still trying to act as if you were right about Kupp.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If we have to draft a WR i would like to see James Washington in our team. He's a true deep threat and knows how to contest a catch. 

I watched him play this season with Oklahoma St and i was amazed by his ability to beat the coverage and catch difficult passes. 

But i think he will go in the 2nd round, sad for us. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, chris00cm said:

I think you inadvertently explained why everyone is finally diving off the Ridley/top receiver hype.

As @jrry32 said, that is just absurd. Calvin is a spitting image of Reggie Wayne to me. I’ll take that as the Top WR in the class and an obvious Top 20 pick every single year. There is a reason that Julio is a freak and a generational talent, not all top guys are going to be that.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

One thing concerns me about Ridley is the lack of difficult catch with the Tide. He was always very open on the field and the catch were easy. 

If he had to make contested catch i don't know how well he would be...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Well StLunatic, sorry you put in so much work on those 1st rounders.  Guess we need to start a list of 3rd & 4th rounders now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Flatlyner said:

Well StLunatic, sorry you put in so much work on those 1st rounders.  Guess we need to start a list of 3rd & 4th rounders now.

I want to like this comment like 10 more times

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this  



×