Draft Discussion Thread

El Ramster

gonzalez_alden.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer 

No more "Mr. Irrelevant" for the Rams. They have sent Nos. 197 and 256 to the Redskins for Nos. 205 and 231.

•  
  •  
  •  
icon-espn-e-@2x.png
20m
gonzalez_alden.png&w=160&h=160&scale=crop

Alden GonzalezESPN Staff Writer 

Another trade for the Rams: They sent No. 194 to the Falcons for Nos. 244 and 256, both in the seventh round.

Just now, Flatlyner said:

Don't get the Young pick over Holland, but don't know much about him.  Don't think he had A sack last season though.

He had a solid year in 2017. He was highly regarded after 2015, but he suffered a major hip injury and missed 2016. Didn't show the same pass rushing juice. Doesn't really have a standout trait as a pass rusher, but he's a good run defender who can drop into coverage. He's more of a SOLB than anything, but I'd have preferred for us to go after the vastly superior pass rusher (Holland).

In the 7th, I'm hoping for the following group:

Jeff Holland, EDGE (not sure we take another though)

Holton Hill, CB

Trayvon Henderson, S

Poona Ford, NT

Tegray Scales, LB

Chase Litton, QB

Logan Woodside, QB

Kurt Benkert, QB

Desmond Harrison OT

Tarvarus McFadden, CB

Auden Tate, WR

Deontay Burnett, WR

No real TE's peak my interest.

8 minutes ago, jrry32 said:

He had a solid year in 2017. He was highly regarded after 2015, but he suffered a major hip injury and missed 2016. Didn't show the same pass rushing juice. Doesn't really have a standout trait as a pass rusher, but he's a good run defender who can drop into coverage. He's more of a SOLB than anything, but I'd have preferred for us to go after the vastly superior pass rusher (Holland).

Run defenders are nice to have around also for early downs, especially with how bad we were against run.  That said, I'm still hopeful for Holland in 7th

Archived