Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Blazer026 said:

Love the trade, only because if he's worthless and doesn't make the roster it won't cost us anything.

Manuel is a ok backup, and Cook has been terrible so far. 

Yeah I kind of like it too.  We pay little to nothing if it works out.  And nothing if it doesn't.  I don't have high expectations, but its hard to dislike the move (at this juncture)

2 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah I kind of like it too.  We pay little to nothing if it works out.  And nothing if it doesn't.  I don't have high expectations, but its hard to dislike the move (at this juncture)

I agree.  He is only 23, was the top high school QB recruit, played well his first year in college but was unfortunately drafted by the Jets.  A change of scenery will hopefully have him reach his full potential and if not we lose nothing.  Hard to not like the move and worst case he puts some heat on Cook to improve.  

9 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

Trading for Hackenberg seems weird and unnecessary. 

We only trade anything if he makes the team and is on the roster for a few games I believe.  So no big deal, like BP said, another camp arm and possibly could overtake Cooks spot.  I don’t care for either, but competition is good.

4 hours ago, daineraider said:

I was in that boat also, but I am really hoping he will prove me wrong.  Up to this point he is just a combine warrior.

This is only true if you don't count his 4 seasons at UConn and Senior Bowl practices.

On Hackenberg: It's fine if it's a conditional 7th round pick. But what happens if he's cut before week one? The Jets don't get anything?

12 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

We heard you the first thousand times.

And you'll hear it a thousand more until this forum stop falling in love with these type players. People were comparing him to Kam Chancellor when he was more Taylor Mays.

17 hours ago, big_palooka said:

This is already getting old.... Never liked Obi anyway, he can't even get on the field to prove otherwise. Looking like another wasted round 2 pick.

Gruden was talking about his injury not his play.

4 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

This is only true if you don't count his 4 seasons at UConn and Senior Bowl practices.

On Hackenberg: It's fine if it's a conditional 7th round pick. But what happens if he's cut before week one? The Jets don't get anything?

I think in the News forum someone said it was based on him being on the active roster for 2 or 3 games to start the season.  So Im assuming that if he is cut before that time then we dont owe the Jets any compensation, which means he must be pretty bad for the Jets to give up on him that easily already.

1 hour ago, MrOaktown_56 said:

I won't criticize Obi until/unless he sucks on the field. Can't knock someone's talent for injuries... There's still time before training camp. If he's missing time there, that's a problem.

He wasn't that good on the field in college if that helps? Average most weeks. Overhyped because of his H/W/S and combine performance. For all his size, he's didn't flash as a tackler or playmaker.

3 hours ago, daineraider said:
7 hours ago, Rich7sena said:

I think in the News forum someone said it was based on him being on the active roster for 2 or 3 games to start the season.  So Im assuming that if he is cut before that time then we dont owe the Jets any compensation, which means he must be pretty bad for the Jets to give up on him that easily already.

Raiders have nothing to lose in this trade. He doesn't make the roster, they give up nothing. He makes it, they give up next to nothing. Best case, Olsen/Callahan coach him up and Raiders get some future value in comp. pick or trade.

Archived