Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

6 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Granted, that's BleacherReport,  but wow.  You don't castrate your QB in front of the whole team.  Could just be blown out of proportion but could explain some stuff as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752144-raiders-coaching-staff-reportedly-turned-on-derek-carr-during-loss-vs-chiefs

Only thing I don't like here is there is a striking lack of detail or context.

We ask  for accountability. Some say Carr has been babied. Carr and Del Rio take blame for the whole team at presser after presser. We note all the things that Carr has done wrong over the year and say he has regressed for any # of reasons. And Carr did stink in the KC game but a report that comes out like this and it's *grasp* "How could they?!?!"

I just don't like the lack of context or detail.

Stinks of someone piling on after JDR is gone.

1 hour ago, NightTrainLane said:

Del Rio take blame for the whole team at presser after presser.

Wait what? He literally finger points and make back handed remarks to his staff and players in his pressers. He takes little to no accountability. Well documented going back to his Jax days 

3 hours ago, big_palooka said:

Wait what? He literally finger points and make back handed remarks to his staff and players in his pressers. He takes little to no accountability. Well documented going back to his Jax days 

I said him and Carr collectively but you cut that part out. And I didn't say they exclusively took all the blame.

We can go quote for quote on his pressers if you want but he regularly said that they have to coach better, that it starts at the top and things of that nature. Of course, as the year went on that message gets old and he started pointing to execution, rightly so I might add.

When you are losing, those pressers are no win scenarios. If you just parrot out the same old "it's on me", people start to say you are tone deaf when reporters are aking you pointed questions. If you point to things that actually went wrong in the game then you're pointing fingers at players. I think JDR did a mix of it all this year. Find fault where you will but that doesn't make him the sole bad guy. It makes him the one having to stand in front of the media after every frustrating lose and explain what happened. You try walking that minefield and see how many toes you have left.

10 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Granted, that's BleacherReport,  but wow.  You don't castrate your QB in front of the whole team.  Could just be blown out of proportion but could explain some stuff as well.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2752144-raiders-coaching-staff-reportedly-turned-on-derek-carr-during-loss-vs-chiefs

I don't endorse Carr being called out in front of the whole team, but I do like that they let Carr know he was trash. Can't baby him forever. That was a big game and JDR and his staff probably knew it was over for them after that.

Carr was literally the worst player on the field in that game. Probably one of the worst game I've seen him play. Missed about 3 wide open would be TDs, rushed his throws all game long, literally almost got Clive Walford killed etc.. just played awful

I think you all bring up good points. I do hate the context because that quote sounds like heavy cherry picking from a larger interview. JDR could be getting scapegoated....but I'm inclined to believe there's at least some fire to go along with this smoke. 

Carr did need a reality check but if it was really in front of the whole team then....wow.

2 hours ago, Dessie said:

Anybody else read the book “Behind the Raiders Shield” ? Not a fan of Corkran tbh and it’s not the best written book but has some interesting stories. 

I got it for Christmas and am going through it now. Most interesting is the chapters on gruden. Very interesting and pertinent considering what's about to happen. The guy straight up won by outworking his opponents. Lots to get excited about after reading that.

9 hours ago, NickButera said:

I got it for Christmas and am going through it now. Most interesting is the chapters on gruden. Very interesting and pertinent considering what's about to happen. The guy straight up won by outworking his opponents. Lots to get excited about after reading that.

Yeah it’s an interesting couple of chapters although how he left was kinda sad. Seemed as though Al resented his popularity The stories about some of the missed draft picks are frightening though. The one about Kevin McMahan being picked over Colton and Miles Austin summed our strategy up.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/04/concerns-emerge-regarding-jon-gruden-derek-carr-relationship/?sf178191831=1

Interesting. Reportedly there's "real concern" over the potential Carr-Gruden relationship and how it will work.

Honestly hope it's just PFT fodder, but if true it speaks bad on Carr. Is he really that fragile that he can't handle tough coaching? Will he go into a shell if Gruden and potentially Gannon are riding his ### in practice? This speaks to my earlier point, Carr has been babied and coddled too much by this organization. There's a little bit of an entitlement issue I sense with him and really hasn't accomplished enough to be that way.

25 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/01/04/concerns-emerge-regarding-jon-gruden-derek-carr-relationship/?sf178191831=1

Interesting. Reportedly there's "real concern" over the potential Carr-Gruden relationship and how it will work.

Honestly hope it's just PFT fodder, but if true it speaks bad on Carr. Is he really that fragile that he can't handle tough coaching? Will he go into a shell if Gruden and potentially Gannon are riding his ### in practice? This speaks to my earlier point, Carr has been babied and coddled too much by this organization. There's a little bit of an entitlement issue I sense with him and really hasn't accomplished enough to be that way.

This report doen't bother me at all.

I think as long as they understand the upfront and honesty is to get on the same page, they will have the kind of relationship that makes them both better.

31 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

Guessing this is based 1) on reports about JDR ripping Carr in front of the team which lead to him pressing and trying to overcompensate somewhat. And 2) Gruden's coaching style. 

Carr was wildly better when Musgrave was pushing him. He's a professional as is his brother. Carr wants to be great and IMO will take to the coaching from one of the bests at working with QBs. 

And make no mistake Gruden is a teacher. Might be tough love, but he is a leader. Everything he does is to make you learn and get better. JDR was just a meathead who doesn't understand offenses, let alone QBs. 

36 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

How is this even a story ? All it’s says is that Gruden is a demanding coach and from that they say Carr might have a problem working for him. This is ridiculous.

2 minutes ago, Dessie said:

How is this even a story ? All it’s says is that Gruden is a demanding coach and from that they say Carr might have a problem working for him. This is ridiculous.

I wouldn't be surprised if the Carr camp put that out there. I mean they have spoke on coach relationships before. Iirc, David Carr spoke last year on the non relationship between Derek and Musgrave and how much better the offense would be because Carr and Downing were actually friends and that they talked on the phone everyday. That was a dud.

I don't know where the supposed source cane from but I'm hoping it's not true. Carr needs to prepare himself for some tough love. I hope he's the type of guy that can take it in stride and get better.

3 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I wouldn't be surprised if the Carr camp put that out there. I mean they have spoke on coach relationships before. Iirc, David Carr spoke last year on the non relationship between Derek and Musgrave and how much better the offense would be because Carr and Downing were actually friends and that they talked on the phone everyday. That was a dud.

I don't know where the supposed source cane from but I'm hoping it's not true. Carr needs to prepare himself for some tough love. I hope he's the type of guy that can take it in stride and get better.

So the Carr camp are responsible for an article claiming he might struggle to get on with Gruden? What’s the benefit in doing that? 

I get that you don’t like Carr but that makes no sense at all.

7 minutes ago, Dessie said:

So the Carr camp are responsible for an article claiming he might struggle to get on with Gruden? What’s the benefit in doing that? 

I get that you don’t like Carr but that makes no sense at all.

I just said I wouldn't be surprised if the Carr camp expressed some hesitancy in regards to working with Gruden, who's an old school in your face type of guy especially with his QBs. Not everybody finds that style of coaching appealing, especially when you've been coddled by the organization your entire career.

Archived