Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Oakland Raiders: Jalen Richard, running back

The Raiders' offense was one of the more disappointing units this season. However, if you look closely, you can see a valiant effort offered up by one of the young players in the backfield behind Marshawn Lynch. Richard signed with Oakland as an undrafted free agent following the 2016 NFL Draft, but he's popped as an explosive player in his first two seasons. The elusive running back averaged 4.13 yards gained after defenders closed within 1 yard of him this year, besting both Marshawn Lynch (3.99) and DeAndre Washington (3.26). New head coach Jon Gruden should find more ways to get Richard on the field as the Raiders look to rebound as a scoring unit in 2018.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000908310/article/afc-unsung-heroes-william-jackson-jalen-richard-and-more

Really? ?

7 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

I was thinking the same thing.  He must have missed all the fumbles.  It was a down year for every single player on offense other than J. Cook (1st year with Oakland).  If you want to talk about unsung heroes I think it should go to the backup CB's that we had playing after D. Amerson went down for the second half of the season.  I thought our defense played pretty good after J. Pagano took over.  D. Autry would be another good choice.  He also played really well after J. Pagano took over.

MSN posted this interesting bit.  The NFL is putting pressure on the Raiders to hire Colin Kaepernick.  The word is the Raiders were not serious about the Rooney rule and only gave lip service to the minorities who they interviewed as Gruden was the intended hire all along.  The pressure is due to Kaepernick's suit for collusion against the NFL.  If Colin gets hired they believes he no longer has a cause of action.  Could this be true? 

5 hours ago, Jerry said:

I was thinking the same thing.  He must have missed all the fumbles.  It was a down year for every single player on offense other than J. Cook (1st year with Oakland).  If you want to talk about unsung heroes I think it should go to the backup CB's that we had playing after D. Amerson went down for the second half of the season.  I thought our defense played pretty good after J. Pagano took over.  D. Autry would be another good choice.  He also played really well after J. Pagano took over.

Yeah I'd say Autry is a good candidate. I'll go Morrow. UDFA who made some plays and got tons of snaps. Maybe Carrie but all of our corners other than Conley had some really bad moments over the course of the season. Obviously no one is perfect but as far as unsung, I'll go Morrow. Or Hudson maybe. Everyone knows he's good but sometimes he goes unnoticed.

4 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Yeah I'd say Autry is a good candidate. I'll go Morrow. UDFA who made some plays and got tons of snaps. Maybe Carrie but all of our corners other than Conley had some really bad moments over the course of the season. Obviously no one is perfect but as far as unsung, I'll go Morrow. Or Hudson maybe. Everyone knows he's good but sometimes he goes unnoticed.

Yeah it would be between Carrie, Morrow, Autry and Hudson for me. Or even Giorgio honestly. He got his praise but he balled out with a ton of pressure on him, took that job by the balls. 

I'm sure some of you have noticed that Derek Carr made the Pro Bowl this year, which I find somewhat surprising as I didn't think he had a very good year but who's complaining.  If you saw the game you will have noticed that it was he who won the game for the AFC even though he threw an interception and returned with the winning TD.  Atta boy.

57 minutes ago, S&B Bleeder said:

I'm sure some of you have noticed that Derek Carr made the Pro Bowl this year, which I find somewhat surprising as I didn't think he had a very good year but who's complaining.  If you saw the game you will have noticed that it was he who won the game for the AFC even though he threw an interception and returned with the winning TD.  Atta boy.

Yea he looked good. It was at the point later in the game where players were trying a lot more too as there was $32,000 more on the table (pennies for these guys but still). The bomb to Hilton, the clutch 4th down conversion, the laser to Walker, etc. If anything else, it was nice to see him having fun again and letting it rip. 

1 hour ago, NCOUGHMAN said:

http://www.theraidersdaily.com/2018/01/lets-air-out-dirty-raiders-laundry-and.html?m=1

Sorry if late but it this article is true then dam we have major problems

Shades of late Al Davis levels of crazy. Pretty much sums up what I thought about Lynch being a side-show attraction. That was a dumb signing, saw that coming from the start. He's not a team guy, never was. Productive sure, but who cares if he's a distraction. Hopefully he's not welcome back. 

Religious cliques are not good in a locker room either. 

Man... hope Gruden is ready. That place is a mess and will need cleaned up quick. Funny that Gruden is tasked with cleaning up the mess15 YEARS after he was traded. Like seriously.... this franchise hasn't been right since he left. It's sad, but freaking hilarious at the same time.

19 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Shades of late Al Davis levels of crazy. Pretty much sums up what I thought about Lynch being a side-show attraction. That was a dumb signing, saw that coming from the start. He's not a team guy, never was. Productive sure, but who cares if he's a distraction. Hopefully he's not welcome back. 

Religious cliques are not good in a locker room either. 

Man... hope Gruden is ready. That place is a mess and will need cleaned up quick. Funny that Gruden is tasked with cleaning up the mess15 YEARS after he was traded. Like seriously.... this franchise hasn't been right since he left. It's sad, but freaking hilarious at the same time.

You think carr is shell shocked

One thing Downing, Del Rio and Carr all love is the bible app. Players on the Raiders think Downing and Carr spent more time on the bible App than they did on a playbook. 

Yea, I'm calling B.S. on everything in this article that isn't parroted from larger and reputable media outlets. This is trash writing.

13 minutes ago, Rich7sena said:

Yea, I'm calling B.S. on everything in this article that isn't parroted from larger and reputable media outlets. This is trash writing.

but..... but.....

I have no problem telling the world what I know, what I know is 100% accurate and I have quadruple sources on the Raiders season and all the drama.

Yeah... some of that is hard to believe honestly. But I don't doubt the disfunction. 

Archived