Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

On 19/08/2017 at 5:47 PM, Trojan said:

Not sure this is a good move. I watched the Jets a few times last year and Revis had clearly lost a step (or two) and was playing so far off his man he was giving up uncontetsted completions right, left and centre - simply wasn't the Revis of old (admittedly wasn't helped by lack of effort on the DL). For what he's going to want I think Conley may be a better option moving forward and I'd be inclined to see what we have in him first before making desperation moves.

On ‎8‎/‎20‎/‎2017 at 9:42 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

It's annoying how decent Korey Toomer and Lorenzo Alexander have been since leaving Oakland. They have both done very well for their respective teams and we sure as hell could use them right now.

We've had the same good luck with M. Crabtree and D. Amerson (during his first year at least).  Really tells you something about the importance of scheme players and coaching.

7 hours ago, Darbsk said:

Not sure this is a good move. I watched the Jets a few times last year and Revis had clearly lost a step (or two) and was playing so far off his man he was giving up uncontetsted completions right, left and centre - simply wasn't the Revis of old (admittedly wasn't helped by lack of effort on the DL). For what he's going to want I think Conley may be a better option moving forward and I'd be inclined to see what we have in him first before making desperation moves.

Don't worry, it's not real anyways.

3 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

Peppers looked pretty good from what I saw. Still think he's over rated?

He looked good as a return man which I never questioned, it's his play at S, I have my doubts about. We shall see. He also got taken where he should have, remember people were saying he was top 3 or top 5 and I said Malik Hooker will go ahead of him. I even said if he fell to us, I'd stomach taking him near the end of the 1st round.

5 hours ago, NightTrainLane said:

I don't know the story about this but I heard that he played alot this last game so they may have been trying deal him as well.

Either way, worst-best mugshot of all time.

+1

Elite level mugshot 

Was a little sad to see him go a few years back but we were in full tear down at the time and he wanted a contract that reflected his potential at that time. I'd definitely take a look at him now in a role similar to that which Autry and Ward played last year.

2 hours ago, Darbsk said:

+1

Elite level mugshot 

Was a little sad to see him go a few years back but we were in full tear down at the time and he wanted a contract that reflected his potential at that time. I'd definitely take a look at him now in a role similar to that which Autry and Ward played last year.

Might be his Green Bay roots, but Reggie is averse to bringing in vets/cuts. It's one of his flaws IMO. The Cardinals GM is one of the best at taking flyers at vets and getting something out of them. Not saying he hasn't tried because I don't know for sure, but just a few examples of guys who could/should have been brought in: zach brown, perry riley, jaye howard, elvis dumervil, dwight freeney to name a few. That being said, I'm not sure how much he's tried to bring in vets in the past in these situations so I can't say for sure, but most of the time that someone is cut/ a vet on the market, odds are we aren't taking a look.

I'm sure Reggie has a long list of possible cuts at the LB position to bring in, same with DT/NT.  I'm sure there are a lot of players on the Raiders' radar that we are going to bring in for a possible signing after the rosters are cut down to 53.

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Reggie Ragland might be on the trading block, if you were Reggie would you make a deal, and what compensation. New coach and running a 4-3 defense, Ryan liked him in his 3-4 D.

But the same scheme that he is currently struggling at playing in in Buffalo and many think he needs to escape is the scheme we run - the 4-3 under with 3-4 personal in places.

@raidr4life I wouldn't go after Ragland personally.  He might be better than Lee, but he's still largely unproven and still has a similar skillset.  I think we'd still get gashed by TEs and receiving backs

I know I sound like a broken record, but I wish we would go after more of a balanced LB and just had our DL do a good job of keeping them clean.

Archived