Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

11 hours ago, RaidersAreOne said:

I think it's mostly because in Seattle, Russel has always been running for his life and their line was never good in pass pro. They have invested players in to the line and they never developed well under Cable's guidance. 

I’ll admit that I didn’t watch much of the Seahawks last season, but it’s always hard to judge OL play with a mobile QB behind them. I definitely remember plays where Wilson was overreactive to pressure that shouldn’t have affected him. I feel like a QB that never had the option to run would’ve gotten the ball off, whereas Wilson actually makes it harder on the OL by changing the DL’s point of attack trying to buy an extra second. Guess I’m trying to say it’s easier to protect a stationary object than a moving one. A good OL makes a QB look better and a good (pocket) QB makes an OL better.

Also, don’t take for granted just how hard it is to find good OL players and coaches have less and less time to actually get their hands dirty to coach em up. Check out this article and be thankful our interior OL will be set for the next couple years. Very informative. https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/11/2/16596392/offensive-line-crisis-league-midseason

According to the report, Penn slapped his wife’s butt, poured a drink on her head and grabbed her by the wrist as the two had an argument.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/30/report-police-called-to-donald-penns-house-in-domestic-violence-investigation/

Not sure if it’s really enough to affect his season, but I know the NFL is pretty hard line on this kinda thing. “Violent” seems like a bit of an overstatement, a dude of his size could’ve really done some damage if he wanted to. I remember him losing his temper one game and smashing his helmet into the bench and he always was quick to temper on the field.. scary stuff

57 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Guden and his crew had a different board than Reggie and his staff. It was clear Reggie's people were going to be on the way out. 

Gruden is 100% in control of this team. He now has to win consistently. Look at the Pats as a blue print. Because they win consistently, not much gets made out of how they draft and build their team. They get massive turnover every year and keep trucking along. Time will tell if Gruden's vision can lead to success. 

Fact is, we have to trust the process when it comes to Gruden. He will get a pass this season before ratcheting up the criticism. 

And rightfully so, Reggie was in charge now for six years  what does he have to show for it?

He drafted 4 good players in six years and 3 of them came in one draft.(2014)

He hired 2 terrible HCs , drafted a bunch of busts.

He’s lucky to still have a job.

40 minutes ago, raiders4life said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/30/report-police-called-to-donald-penns-house-in-domestic-violence-investigation/

Not sure if it’s really enough to affect his season, but I know the NFL is pretty hard line on this kinda thing. “Violent” seems like a bit of an overstatement, a dude of his size could’ve really done some damage if he wanted to. I remember him losing his temper one game and smashing his helmet into the bench and he always was quick to temper on the field.. scary stuff

That is considered fore play in some relationships

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

And rightfully so, Reggie was in charge now for six years  what does he have to show for it?

Mark Davis hired Del Rio. 

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/4/30/17302726/rumors-bruce-allen-interested-in-re-uniting-with-jon-gruden-in-oakland

I don't like this at all Bruce Allen and Gruden did nothing in their time in Tampa. This would be the kind of move that cripples Gruden 2.0. 

Clearer by the day Reggie is gone sooner than later. Clicksdale was his right hand man and he's reportedly heading to Cleveland. 

1 hour ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Imo if he leaves the raiders now i would think he'd get another shot as GM somewhere in the future.

Got a franchise that lost for 15 years out of cap hell that had no picks & back to 10-6, while drafting a true franchise qb, and top defensive star, all within a couple of years. Every new GM says they are going to do it, but most fail at it and he has shown he can do this. 

2 hours ago, SBXISBXVSBXVIII said:

That is considered fore play in some relationships

She's already denied the allegations saying the no DV of any kind took place took place. Theyre in the middle of getting a divorce and had an argument. Non story imo.

2 hours ago, big_palooka said:

https://www.silverandblackpride.com/2018/4/30/17302726/rumors-bruce-allen-interested-in-re-uniting-with-jon-gruden-in-oakland

I don't like this at all Bruce Allen and Gruden did nothing in their time in Tampa. This would be the kind of move that cripples Gruden 2.0. 

Clearer by the day Reggie is gone sooner than later. Clicksdale was his right hand man and he's reportedly heading to Cleveland. 

The bottom of the article states that Allen wouldn't have any say in personnel. You might be right about Reggie, but let's just wait and see. He did turn down the Green Bay request for interview so you'd think if he thought he was being pushed out, he'd have gone then. Clinksdale going doesn't necessarily mean Reggie goes too. It might be that Gruden wants to bring in some additional people. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

6 hours ago, raiders4life said:

Bye bye finally let’s go Kolton I think lol

Archived