Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Also who was lining up for the raiders job when we hired Allen? Talk about Reggie's failures in the draft or FA but I'm not gonna out the coaching on him

Reggie could of had Ken Norton Jr fired or kept Bill Musgrave.

51 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

So could Mark Davis. Do we blame him too? No. In normal organizations, head coaches are trusted to run their staffs

Normal teams don’t have three different OCs in four years 

4 hours ago, reddevil said:

The bottom of the article states that Allen wouldn't have any say in personnel. You might be right about Reggie, but let's just wait and see. He did turn down the Green Bay request for interview so you'd think if he thought he was being pushed out, he'd have gone then. Clinksdale going doesn't necessarily mean Reggie goes too. It might be that Gruden wants to bring in some additional people. Be interesting to see how it plays out.

Exactly..... which didn't work in Tampa. He was a yes man for Gruden. Their drafts sucked for years. 

Second... Reggie wasn't getting the GB job, so that didn't mean anything. 

Lastly.... As I said the day Gruden was hired, Reggie will be gone soon. Step 1 is cleaning house of his people. Step 2 will be bringing Allen in and 3 Reggie will resign. 

10 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Dude some people just post articles for people to read. Is it required to post thoughts with it to now?

Not at all. It was a question. Maybe don't be so defensive.

I have always found the best way to start a discussion is by presenting a topic and then giving a opinion on said topic. As the discussion goes on you can change your mind or not but it helps get the ball rolling.

17 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

Exactly..... which didn't work in Tampa. He was a yes man for Gruden. Their drafts sucked for years. 

Second... Reggie wasn't getting the GB job, so that didn't mean anything. 

Lastly.... As I said the day Gruden was hired, Reggie will be gone soon. Step 1 is cleaning house of his people. Step 2 will be bringing Allen in and 3 Reggie will resign. 

Well, since there isn't a house cleaning really and those guys you are talking just signed extensions per Rapoport then I wouldn't put much stock in these "Reggie is leaving" narratives you seem to want to push. Hell, even the one guy named in the PFT post ( Joey Clinskscales) is still employed and shows no signs of going anywhere. More bs til something actually happens and you Reggie detractors will have to get your thrills somewhere else.

I'm not putting any stock in the Bruce Allen stuff as they are 3rd hand rumors at this point and we don't know the source. It doesn't even make much sense that he would leave the Washington footballers in his role as President to be our GM and we know Mark is gonna replace Badain as President while he is quarterbacking the move to Vegas.

How quickly people forget how big of a laughingstock we were before Reggie and how bad our salary cap situation was now I'm not saying everything is perfect but just remember 2 years ago he was GM of the year and everybody had high praise for him in this room now I know some people want to sit there and say anybody could have made the mack and carr pics but just remember Gruden wanted us to draft Manziel over Mack the last thing anybody needs is a room full of Yes Man the best thing is not to have people who tell you what you want to hear but what you need to hear I'm okay with Allen joining the team but more as just a talent evaluator Reggie has done a good job of keeping us structured and consistent as well as being completely self-destructive and no last year wasn't a full-on implosion but a a good bump in the road

4 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

Normal teams don’t have three different OCs in four years 

Well, turn over almost always happens when you hire a new head coach normal team or not.  So, if its inevitable, I don't blame anyone.  Thats's 1 year.  Its pretty well known that JDR was a Mark Davis guy.  So, especially when your boss endorsed him, what do you let your head coach do? Coach.  He let JDR pick Musgrave.  Just like he let JDR promote Downing.  Just like he let JDR keep KNJ.  That's what a GM does.  The ideal is the HC/GM combo work seamlessly, joint at the hip.  But I'm not sure how much that can happen if a GM gets saddled with a coach that isn't his choice.

Anyways, like I said: McKenzie is not without flaws.  The things you list simply are just not errors I attribute to him.

Also the really weird part is technically this is 3 coordinators in five years. Because Olson was our original OC that got fired when JDR got hired.

giphy.gif

Archived