Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

How do you see Switzer being utilized in the offense?  He is an intriguing player and if used right and be a very effective part of this O.  I just wonder how many snaps he'll see as I project him as our number 4 WR on the depth chart.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

How do you see Switzer being utilized in the offense?  He is an intriguing player and if used right and be a very effective part of this O.  I just wonder how many snaps he'll see as I project him as our number 4 WR on the depth chart.  

I see him as a minimal talent as a WR but a good special teams player/gadget guy. 

Funny how we had the best special team/gadget type guy in the league and traded him to the pats

8 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

With both Cooper and Nelson being a capable slot WR I see low snap numbers for Switzer for '18. Same of Ateman on the outside with Bryant and Nelson as big bodied guys.

But

I think Nelson or Bryant or possibly both of them will be gone after this season, so these young guys can step ahead in '19 if they can find their places in Gruden's scheme

9 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I see him as a minimal talent as a WR but a good special teams player/gadget guy. 

Funny how we had the best special team/gadget type guy in the league and traded him to the pats

Patterson was a good ST player but it didn't translate into much production for us.  He was a below average WR and I think Switzer, if used properly can be more productive for us on O.  While I see Cooper being our slot WR this year, I think Switzer will spell him nicely as he has good hands and is shifty. I like the signing and think he will fit in well here.  Another benefit is that he is younger and much cheaper than CP too.  

16 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Basically Cordarelle Patterson role with better routes

16 hours ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

I was very high on him in college. I'd say he's more than that for sure. I think he has the potential to be a good slot receiver.

Watching raiders Cowboys replay Carr really needs to use his legs more, he can run, and he throws in coverage sometime when it's not there and could have ran for tons of yardage.

On 3/17/2018 at 12:12 PM, RaidersAreOne said:

I just read that it appears Irvin will be a full-time DE in this scheme. Irvin even tweeted "No more dropping back in coverage" and the thankful hand emoji.

3 hours ago, raidr4life said:

Hard to respond to this and still stay within the forum rules.  This is good news though.  

I have to be honest, while Reggie has left some things to be desired, a lot of know-it-all fans have called for his head without cause.  Clearly did his homework on Gareon. 

This makes me think he did his homework on Bryant as well.  And Key.  Not every good player has a Tom Brady or Peyton Manning type upbringing or background.  Sometimes you need to roll the dice on a kid.  It'll blow up sometimes.  Then others, you get a Bruce Irvin or Gareon.  I do understand GC has a lot to prove yet.  This is a pretty good indication.  

Archived