Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

I'm touring around California later this year and will be in San Francisco when the Raiders host the Browns, so having never been to a home game before (I've done the Wembley game, but obv that doesn't count), I'll definitely be heading over to this.

Just wondering from those of you who attend the Coliseum, where you'd recommend as good seats to watch the game. I'm thinking seats with a good view that aren't too pricey. Not too bothered about getting right in about the Black Hole area as I was in those type of seats at the Wembley game and it felt like all the Black Hole dudes had made the trip over anyway, so I kinda feel that I've experienced that already (although I appreciate the REAL Black Hole will be louder and more passionate). This time I think it's more about watching the game from a better POV where I can really see what's going on and take in the full experience.

Also, is the Raiders website the place to get the re-sale tickets or could I find better value elsewhere? I've looked on there and they seem to have tickets available for just about every section at ok prices, but if I can do better then that would be great.

Any feedback would be appreciated!

3 hours ago, Nightmare said:

I'm touring around California later this year and will be in San Francisco when the Raiders host the Browns, so having never been to a home game before (I've done the Wembley game, but obv that doesn't count), I'll definitely be heading over to this.

Just wondering from those of you who attend the Coliseum, where you'd recommend as good seats to watch the game. I'm thinking seats with a good view that aren't too pricey. Not too bothered about getting right in about the Black Hole area as I was in those type of seats at the Wembley game and it felt like all the Black Hole dudes had made the trip over anyway, so I kinda feel that I've experienced that already (although I appreciate the REAL Black Hole will be louder and more passionate). This time I think it's more about watching the game from a better POV where I can really see what's going on and take in the full experience.

Also, is the Raiders website the place to get the re-sale tickets or could I find better value elsewhere? I've looked on there and they seem to have tickets available for just about every section at ok prices, but if I can do better then that would be great.

I’ve sat all over the stadium, but my favorite tickets were the ones on the visitors side about 15 rows up.  The rows go up straighter and steeper on the east side so the views are better.  The home side is set up in an oval shape because it’s more for the baseball stadium.  Black hole is fun for the atmosphere, but they’re endzone seats and not a great view.

Its a dump of a stadium in a pretty crappy area, FYI.  I would take an Uber or Bart(mass transit) to the game(early to tailgate).  Last time I parked by the stadium my rental car was one of about 20 cars in a row with their windows busted out.

If this is your first time to the Bay Area enjoy, I love visiting the area(mostly in San Fran).  

8 hours ago, daineraider said:

I’ve sat all over the stadium, but my favorite tickets were the ones on the visitors side about 15 rows up.  The rows go up straighter and steeper on the east side so the views are better.  The home side is set up in an oval shape because it’s more for the baseball stadium.  Black hole is fun for the atmosphere, but they’re endzone seats and not a great view.

Its a dump of a stadium in a pretty crappy area, FYI.  I would take an Uber or Bart(mass transit) to the game(early to tailgate).  Last time I parked by the stadium my rental car was one of about 20 cars in a row with their windows busted out.

If this is your first time to the Bay Area enjoy, I love visiting the area(mostly in San Fran).  

Thanks for the reply. Tickets for those sections seem to be in the $160-180 bracket - is that normal? Definitely does look like it would be a good view though.

I've never been to the United States at all, let alone California or the Bay Area. Been wanting to visit for years now, so really looking forward to it. We will probably just use the BART, which looks simple enough (we're near Powell St station and it appears you can get straight from there to the Coliseum). I assume there will be plenty of Raiders fans getting on at San Fran stops and it'll be easy enough to follow the crowd? And yeah, have heard about Oakland and the stadium location before, but thankfully don't have a rental car booked until we're in SoCal, so don't have to worry about that side of things - hope you didn't get stung too much by the rental company for that.

I always felt the 2nd deck seating had the best total view without getting ridiculous far from the game. Bart is definitely the easiest way in or out and fortunately you don't have to walk through any neighborhoods because theres a causeway from the station to the coliseum. When the facility was first built the field was probably 10 yards closer to the main structure but when Mt. Davis was built they apparently couldnt get the seating as close as the original bleachers that were removable.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Gruden and Mack haven't talked apparently and there is zero communication. If we trade Mack I'm already done with the Gruden regine. Mack is the best player the Raiders have had in a long long time. He's on pace to be better than Charles Woodson or Tim Brown. A couple more DPOYs, 5 more double digit sack seasons, and a Super Bowl title, he'd he in the running with Gene Upshaw as greatest Raider of all time. And we're not willing to pay this guy..?!?!?! It's insane!

On 7/6/2018 at 2:33 PM, Nightmare said:

Check out San Diego and Yosemite, my two favorite spots in California. San Francisco is cool for a couple days but gets old quick. Don't stay in Oakland outside of the game, s***hole that you've probably never experienced. Lived around there for a long time. 

46 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

Gruden and Mack haven't talked apparently and there is zero communication. If we trade Mack I'm already done with the Gruden regine. Mack is the best player the Raiders have had in a long long time. He's on pace to be better than Charles Woodson or Tim Brown. A couple more DPOYs, 5 more double digit sack seasons, and a Super Bowl title, he'd he in the running with Gene Upshaw as greatest Raider of all time. And we're not willing to pay this guy..?!?!?! It's insane!

Hate this dead news cycle. Ppl freaking out over lack of Mack/Gruden communication. McVay was new last year. You think Donald spoke with him before he finally reported?

I’m not happy about it either, but I highly doubt we trade him. I do think it’s going to turn into those power struggles like we had with Penn last year when he said he wouldn’t report without a new deal, and the team said they wouldn’t negotiate unless he was present. The Donald situation isn’t helping either. Two of the best defensive players want to be paid and neither team is budging.

I think we get something done before week one( hopefully sooner) and the guy is in ridiculous shape, so I’m not worried. Disappointing that our team captain is holding out but I understand him and his agent. We have been paying him at a bargain the last three years. He’s earned it.

1 hour ago, NJ Raider said:

Carr should be like Tom Brady and put money back on the table to enable them to sign Mack. If he wants to play that “best friend” line all the time, he should pony up.

Tom Brady is worth an estimated $180 mil and his wife is worth over double that at $380 mil. Derek has had one year of a big contract.  If you think the two situations are comparable you are crazy.  Im sure Derek would love to get more guys on his team paid, but he still has to take care of himself first.  

3 hours ago, NJ Raider said:

Carr should be like Tom Brady and put money back on the table to enable them to sign Mack. If he wants to play that “best friend” line all the time, he should pony up.

lol... please. The Raiders have the money. It's about striking the best deal. Players should take all the money they can get.

9 hours ago, big_palooka said:

lol... please. The Raiders have the money. It's about striking the best deal. Players should take all the money they can get.

It's about ththe salary cap, not the spending. If there was no cap i'm sure Mack would of been signed long ago. 

Archived