Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

6 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Come on man, don't be naive.  QB's touch the ball on every offensive play, therefor they impact every aspect of a teams O.  Team live and die by Qb play, not LB play.  If you do not realize that I do not know what to tell you.  Like I said we will see how many wins Mack translates into and that will determine if the play to trade for him and pay him 25 a year was the right move.  It's all about winning and QB play and the reason I'm confidant the Bears will be at Best average with Mack is because their most important player on the team is garbage aka Trashinski...

I get it QBs are clearly the most important players on the field but the idea that top 5 defensive player isn't worth 25 mill when you look at the salary cap inflation/percentages is wrong. 

1 minute ago, Nodisrespect said:

I get it QBs are clearly the most important players on the field but the idea that top 5 defensive player isn't worth 25 mill when you look at the salary cap inflation/percentages is wrong. 

I completely disagree when you have a QB making 25 million.  Between Carr and Mack that would be 30 percent of our salary cap for 2018.  That is insane and anyone who suggested we should have kept Mack and traded Carr clearly needs to have their head examined or go back to football 101 training.  

Let me ask you on a team like the Raiders who are clearly no where close to a Super Bowl and that is all that matters in the NFL, no one remembers 2nd place, would you rather have mack for the next 3 years (until he is 30 and starts to decline) or 2 first round picks and spread the 25 million for mack on 3 players?  Let's say 2 players making 10 per and 1 making 5 along with 2 firsts? 

8 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

I completely disagree when you have a QB making 25 million.  Between Carr and Mack that would be 30 percent of our salary cap for 2018.  That is insane and anyone who suggested we should have kept Mack and traded Carr clearly needs to have their head examined or go back to football 101 training.  

Let me ask you on a team like the Raiders who are clearly no where close to a Super Bowl and that is all that matters in the NFL, no one remembers 2nd place, would you rather have mack for the next 3 years (until he is 30 and starts to decline) or 2 first round picks and spread the 25 million for mack on 3 players?  Let's say 2 players making 10 per and 1 making 5 along with 2 firsts? 

Again your argument is based on a incorrect premise, it might be close to 30 percent but that's only until the salary cap goes up, and it's been going up by over 10 percent for 10 years straight and the NFL is about to get filthy rich when this gambling money kicks in.

In 5 years Mack will be making less than 5 guys currently in the league. Clowney, Bosa Bros, Myles Garrett and Jalen Ramsey will all be making more.

Who knows what those picks will do.

1 minute ago, Nodisrespect said:

Again your argument is based on a incorrect premise, it might be close to 30 percent but that's only until the salary cap goes up, and it's been going up by over 10 percent for 10 years straight and the NFL is about to get filthy rich when this gambling money kicks in.

In 5 years Mack will be making less than 5 guys currently in the league. Clowney, Bosa Bros, Myles Garrett and Jalen Ramsey will all be making more.

Who knows what those picks will do.

In 5 years Mack will be 32.  Any GM paying a 32 year old DE/LB 25 million should be fired immediately. 

Macks prime is 3 more years at most and having Mack and Carr taking up nearly 30 percent of your salary cap for the next 3 years on a team sorely locking depth makes zero sense.  I do not understand why that is such a hard concept to grasp.  

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Mack may be Mack but wins and losses matter.  Like I said in the post above let's see how many wins the 25 million dollar Mack translates into.  Don't buy the media hype, Mack is great but for the millionth time you do not pay a DE/LB 25 million when you have a QB making 20 plus.  This is a QB driven league and not a elite LB driven league.  You buy the media garbage they vomit at you it sucks you in but the Raiders made the right move and trust me the Raiders are not a Mack away from a Super Bowl birth.  

You don't think Mack could have closed that Denver game out for us?

7 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

In 5 years Mack will be 32.  Any GM paying a 32 year old DE/LB 25 million should be fired immediately. 

Macks prime is 3 more years at most and having Mack and Carr taking up nearly 30 percent of your salary cap for the next 3 years on a team sorely locking depth makes zero sense.  I do not understand why that is such a hard concept to grasp.  

It's a ridiculous concept I understand what your saying buts it's not based in reality, 30 percent is not a static number and contracts can be reworked. What the heck do you think the Raiders will do with that money? Overpay a free agent like Bruce Irvin? Sean Smith, Doug Martin that extra 5 million you don't want to pay Mack will be flushed down the toilet insome way.And those draft picks? Reggie and Gruden have questionable draft history. Even if we do draft a good player it's going to take years for that player to develop.

10 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

That is the most lubricious question ever.  Who cares???  How about a real question, do you think this team is Mack away from a super bowl birth?   

Oh please you build around your good players period, Even if we happen to draft a stud with one of those picks, oh well time to pay him lets trade him now.

3 minutes ago, Nodisrespect said:

It's a ridiculous concept I understand what your saying buts it's not based in reality, 30 percent is not a static number and contracts can be reworked. What the heck do you think the Raiders will do with that money? Overpay a free agent like Bruce Irvin? Sean Smith, Doug Martin that extra 5 million you don't want to pay Mack will be flushed down the toilet insome way.And those draft picks? Reggie and Gruden have questionable draft history. Even if we do draft a good player it going to take years for that player to develop.

Say it's between 25 and 30 percent, that is still ridiculous.  I am using 30 percent as a base because the 2018 cap of 177 is the only finite number we have as a base.  

We have a new regime in town and so far gruden is running this team the way he wants.  He wanted Miller, a player at a very important position LT, while everyone was clamoring for us to draft a safety or MLB, 2 positions that do not have the same value as a stud LT.  Two games in and Miller looks like he can play the position well so I would say Gruden made the right call and didn't listen to the talking head fools on TV. 

We have also landed Hurst, Hall and Key who all appear like they will contribute for years.  He has cut bait with RM's drafting mistakes (Obi, Ward, Cook etc.)  and so far I I like the moves.  I do not like all of the AARP members on the roster but once again he has a plan and I think average fans thought this team was closer to a Super Bowl than what reality is.  That is why we have such a huge influx of old geezers. 

14 minutes ago, raidr4life said:

Oh please you build around your good players period, Even if we happen to draft a stud with one of those picks, oh well time to pay him lets trade him now.

Isn't that what the Pats do?  Looks like it's working out well for them.  Seymore, Jamie Collins, Cooks, , Jimmy G, Solder just some off the top of my head.  

40 minutes ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Isn't that what the Pats do?  Looks like it's working out well for them.  Seymore, Jamie Collins, Cooks, , Jimmy G, Solder just some off the top of my head.  

You can’t compare what the pats do to what any other team could/should do because they have two things that no other team/organization in history has ever had; Brady and Belicheck. 

They allow the pats to do things other teams cannot. It’s an unfair comparison. Other teams would’ve kept more of those players. 

24 minutes ago, CaliforniaKid7 said:

You can’t compare what the pats do to what any other team could/should do because they have two things that no other team/organization in history has ever had; Brady and Belicheck. 

They allow the pats to do things other teams cannot. It’s an unfair comparison. Other teams would’ve kept more of those players. 

Other teams are stupid as the Pats are the model of success.  Why not strive to be the best and model yourself after a team that is in or wins the super bowl every year?

The biggest form of flattery is imitation.  Why not imitate a team that wins every year and not like the rest of the league and overpay players other than their QB.  

Archived