Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

Hopefully this isn't a future model for your franchise. At least while Gruden is around. If you were able to luck into getting another HOF level edge rusher, do you simply trade him away in his prime if you're already paying a QB a high salary? Maybe it depends where the Raiders are as a team overall, but I'd like to think that having a QB and HOF pass rusher taking up a good chunk of your cap isn't the worst problem to have. 

34 minutes ago, PapaShogun said:

Hopefully this isn't a future model for your franchise. At least while Gruden is around. If you were able to luck into getting another HOF level edge rusher, do you simply trade him away in his prime if you're already paying a QB a high salary? Maybe it depends where the Raiders are as a team overall, but I'd like to think that having a QB and HOF pass rusher taking up a good chunk of your cap isn't the worst problem to have. 

Why do you do this to us?!?!? You know we want Mack & now trusting Gruden alone to fix everything. I’m optimistic but scared like the Browns fans hoping for a win

1 hour ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Other teams are stupid as the Pats are the model of success.  Why not strive to be the best and model yourself after a team that is in or wins the super bowl every year?

The biggest form of flattery is imitation.  Why not imitate a team that wins every year and not like the rest of the league and overpay players other than their QB.  

Probably cause finding the goat qb to mask all your flaws is hard as hell. Thats why teams dont do what pats do. And if you want to do what pats do, go tell carr to give some of that money back. 

24 minutes ago, SilverNBlackFan said:

We shouldn't of paid guys lile Gabe Jackson and Bruce Irvin. Maybe then we could've made it work with Mack. Im still heartbroken

We could very easily have $100 million in cap space next year by getting rid of Irvin, Penn, Jordy, and Roberts.  Gabe Jackson has 0 dead money next year also if he does not prove he is worth it.  We have good cap flexibility. 75-90 million after paying Mack with 31 signed players.  We could have done it but at what cost.  If we can get a top edge player in the draft I am probably okay with the trade but if we sign a top FA edge player for 15-20$ a year I might be a little upset.  Would rather pay the extra to have Mack over guys like Ansah and Lawrence.

4 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Other teams are stupid as the Pats are the model of success.  Why not strive to be the best and model yourself after a team that is in or wins the super bowl every year?

The biggest form of flattery is imitation.  Why not imitate a team that wins every year and not like the rest of the league and overpay players other than their QB.  

The Patriots may be a model of consistency but they aren't without their flaws. They're beyond lucky for Brady cuz their defense is pretty much never above average. In example, they got torched by Bortles on Sunday.

Brady is one of the best ever so they get away with things almost all other teams dont. Thats why people dont copy the Pats. Cuz you cant be the Pats without Tom Brady and Tom Bradys dont come around very often.

People forget that the patriots weren’t  always a throwing team.  They used to be a running team with a great defense. That changed about 10 years ago. So can the  Raiders be the New England Patriots of the presdent ,  Probably not but we could be the New England Patriots of old that won three Super Bowls.

2 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

People forget that the patriots weren’t  always a throwing team.  They used to be a running team with a great defense. That changed about 10 years ago. So can the  Raiders be the New England Patriots of the presdent ,  Probably not but we could be the New England Patriots of old that won three Super Bowls.

NFl is soo different now I understand we have the Jags who play defense and run but I also saw stats that when Fournette has missed games their ppg has gone up

4 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

NFl is soo different now I understand we have the Jags who play defense and run but I also saw stats that when Fournette has missed games their ppg has gone up

You still need a good quarterback he just doesn’t have to be Tom Brady good.

The patriots also have made over 25 transactions at the WR position since the beginning of the league year. If the Raiders did that they’d be labeled as incompetent and dysfunctional. When the patriots do it, they say, “Belichek is outsmarting every one again.” Or “Player x is going to be winning a Super Bowl now that he has Brady.” 

In other words  no one questions the patriots moves unlike the raiders who get questioned about the kind of toilet paper they buy. It’s easier to run an organization when you don’t have guys questioning your every move. If Billy B traded Mack people would have praised the move and call the patriots geniuses for getting 2 first rounders. If Gruden starts winning then people will back off. But he needs to win a game first. 

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Isn't that what the Pats do?  Looks like it's working out well for them.  Seymore, Jamie Collins, Cooks, , Jimmy G, Solder just some off the top of my head.  

Seymore was old and none of those guys are hall of fame type players. you know who they haven't trade? Gronk and Brady future HOF's

13 hours ago, Frankie2Gunz said:

Because other teams don't have the best QB maybe in the history of the league.

I think we could trade Donald Penn for a 2019 pick.... Jags LT went down with a season ending injury, Donald Penn could be a great stopgap for them, as they have super bowl aspirations. Maybe we could steal a day 2 pick or at the very least a 4th rounder... Penn gets a chance to play for a winner and play his natural position.. he’s a good LT but a Jag at RT... I really doubt Clemmings/Kirkland/Parker are worse RT thank Penn. tough for the guy to switch from LT to RT 

Archived