Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, Humble_Beast said:

I think we could trade Donald Penn for a 2019 pick.... Jags LT went down with a season ending injury, Donald Penn could be a great stopgap for them, as they have super bowl aspirations. Maybe we could steal a day 2 pick or at the very least a 4th rounder... Penn gets a chance to play for a winner and play his natural position.. he’s a good LT but a Jag at RT... I really doubt Clemmings/Kirkland/Parker are worse RT thank Penn. tough for the guy to switch from LT to RT 

lol... A 2nd to 4th pick for a 34 year old tackle. Think before you type. 

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

lol... A 2nd to 4th pick for a 34 year old tackle. Think before you type. 

Jags got a good chance of winning the title... their window is open now, and they suffered a huge injury at an important position.... Penn is a former pro bowl player at a great position of need for them.... 

Also in what world is Josh Gordon a former all pro WR worth a 5th and M Bryant worth a 3rd? These raider trades are always short on value

Even with pessimism from ppl like bp. Properly stated for good reason. I still had that all the way attitude. 

the second I saw the Mack trade I knew there was no hope. But I wear silver n black glasses. This season at best is a 7-9 but I may be surprised. We are in a rebuild after Mack no more Mack. If we draft correctly and sign ppl to fill the holes, we didn’t hit rock bottom. We will be on a surge no one saw coming, or he lost it which I don’t think he has.

6 hours ago, Gannon12 said:

Even with pessimism from ppl like bp. Properly stated for good reason. I still had that all the way attitude. 

the second I saw the Mack trade I knew there was no hope. But I wear silver n black glasses. This season at best is a 7-9 but I may be surprised. We are in a rebuild after Mack no more Mack. If we draft correctly and sign ppl to fill the holes, we didn’t hit rock bottom. We will be on a surge no one saw coming, or he lost it which I don’t think he has.

The offense should get better every week, then will just out score people. The same thing happen Gruden’s first time with the Raiders.

I'm surprised no one has brought up the fact our scheduling has been a little b.s. to start. We start off season with all-new coaching staff vs SB favorites on prime time. Then on a short week we go to Denver and play in the thin air to travel all the way to Miami for an early game. 

just my 2 cents. 

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000964848/article/jon-grudens-scouting-system-led-to-divide-in-raiders-building

Jon Gruden's scouting system led to divide in Raiders' building

"Raiders coach Jon Gruden broke down film a certain way when he was preparing for games in the Monday Night Football booth. That method has not changed now that he's back coaching.

But the manner in which he evaluates personnel -- and the people who have his ear -- has led to a disconnect in a Raiders building filled with people still trying to adjust to a new way of life.

According to sources, Gruden essentially has his own staff that helps him judge talent and make decisions -- most notably confidant and Director of Football Research Dave Razzano -- along with a slew of interns and assistants.

Gruden had his own draft board and has his own pro board, separate from those used by others in the organization.

Previously a longtime and respected NFL scout, Razzano rose to prominence as a voice on Twitter with controversial takes that included Von Miller will be a bust and Jake Locker should go No. 1 in the draft. He was dubbed the "rogue scout," but now has an office near Gruden's.

And while there is no animosity with GM Reggie McKenzie -- quite the opposite -- it's clear to many of the scouts who signed on to work for McKenzie that Gruden is listening mostly to those in his circle.

Certain scouts and evaluators weened under McKenzie are frustrated that Gruden has his guys, who make up a group that spearheaded the signing of several veteran free agents, the jettisoning of many previous draft picks and the trade of Khalil Mack"

Archived