Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

3 minutes ago, drfrey13 said:

But trying to force him to do something he is not good at or at least the most capable of doing only hurts the team overall.  That is why BB is so good.  He rarely puts players in a position he knows they are less likely to succeed.  That and situational coaching is 90% of what he does and it works.  He never reaches the Peter Principle.  He does not advance their players to the point that they become incompetent.  Practice it at practice til you can do it correctly in the game.  He is also amazing at making adjustments, pushing the rules to the limit, and working the officiating crew to get his way.

I get it. Better idea..... don't sign an average 2 down LB to a fat contract when you know he's limited to begin with. 

It's 2018, the game is spread out. You have 2 of the best offenses in the league in the AFC West with star RBs. There is only one Belichick, he's rare so do the smart the acquire TALENT. Tahir Whitehead signings are what happen when you neglect a position of need for years, you try to force some bum into a spot he can't handle. Just draft freaking speed and guys who can cover. It doesn't have to be this hard. 

12 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I get it. Better idea..... don't sign an average 2 down LB to a fat contract when you know he's limited to begin with. 

It's 2018, the game is spread out. You have 2 of the best offenses in the league in the AFC West with star RBs. There is only one Belichick, he's rare so do the smart the acquire TALENT. Tahir Whitehead signings are what happen when you neglect a position of need for years, you try to force some bum into a spot he can't handle. Just draft freaking speed and guys who can cover. It doesn't have to be this hard. 

You’re right I’ve never understood it. It’s like half of the team doesn’t matter to Reggie, he only cares about the  secondary and D-line.

7 hours ago, Bitty 2.0 said:

You’re right I’ve never understood it. It’s like half of the team doesn’t matter to Reggie, he only cares about the  secondary and D-line.

I completely agree with both of you but we have to, when I say 'we' I mean Jon Gruden, move forward right now with what we have.  Right now we are trying to fit square pegs into round holes instead of putting players in a good situation.  I get that we are tanking now and this is an evaluation year but asking players to do things you know they can not is a waste of time.  We should be putting all the young guys on the field and see how they fit.  RM has made a lot of personnel mistakes but Gruden's coaching and his staff are making it worse.  Maybe we are just holding back now and trying to get players to just make the right decisions even if they can not execute.

25 minutes ago, RaidersAreOne said:

Just read we are looking for a late rounder for Irvin.

I would give a team a late rounder to take Irvin. Really dislike that guy..... all talk, no action his entire time here. Some flashes but overall, just another poor FA signing. I didn't understand keeping him this season. Thought he should have been cut in the offseason. 

7 minutes ago, big_palooka said:

I would give a team a late rounder to take Irvin. Really dislike that guy..... all talk, no action his entire time here. Some flashes but overall, just another poor FA signing. I didn't understand keeping him this season. Thought he should have been cut in the offseason. 

I guess I’ll defend Bruce to a degree 15 sacks 2016-2017 nothing to sneeze at is about the same that Olivier Vernon has in the same time. ( I’m not saying he’s the same player ) or better just comparing sack numbers 

9 minutes ago, roi34 said:

Everyone loved bruce as a situational pass rusher from olb and reggie Jr persona. Now were bad and hes not that great everyone dislikes him.

Winning cures all. 

Um, no. He has been inconsistent to bad his entire time here. Even when we were winning, we all wanted more from Irvin. He never developed into the complimentary pass rusher alongside Mack we paid him to be. 

He's overpaid, hes not a leader, he constantly gets dumb penalties and he's annoying. Time to go. I would trade him for a conditional 7th

11 hours ago, roi34 said:

Everyone loved bruce as a situational pass rusher from olb and reggie Jr persona. Now were bad and hes not that great everyone dislikes him.

Winning cures all. 

Not really. He's inconsistent. Never came on until the end of the season. Loud mouth, poor leader who make dumb penalties that cost the team.

1 hour ago, big_palooka said:

Not really. He's inconsistent. Never came on until the end of the season. Loud mouth, poor leader who make dumb penalties that cost the team.

I dont disagree he's been inconsistent. I think he was better at olb for tackling and run support more than ive seen fron him at De. Plus 5+ sacks at olb is nice bonus for good run lb. 

At de he has been pretty awful. I liked the signing when we brought him in. I was wrong. 

I loved Desmond King in the draft last year as a 5th Round Flier. And what do you know? Desmond King has graded a Top 5 CB all season via PFF. And they have also graded Derwin James as a Top 7 S all season. Both are on the Chargers and we passed on both.. what a monumental mistake. 

28 minutes ago, BayRaider said:

I loved Desmond King in the draft last year as a 5th Round Flier. And what do you know? Desmond King has graded a Top 5 CB all season via PFF. And they have also graded Derwin James as a Top 7 S all season. Both are on the Chargers and we passed on both.. what a monumental mistake. 

Wait your questioning your boy Chuck lol seriously though if Miller progresses his position is more valuable which has been written before around here 

3 minutes ago, SimonGruber said:

Wait your questioning your boy Chuck lol seriously though if Miller progresses his position is more valuable which has been written before around here 

Yeah I’m not sour on the Kolton pick at all, think he’ll be great. Plus we’ll get a better Safety in the draft than Derwin James: Deionte Thompson. Love that guy. 

Still bummed we passed on King though. I was a huge fan of him in college. 

Archived