Random Raider Stuff

RaidersAreOne

• 2 weeks later...
23 minutes ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Tyrell Adams failed his physical with Buffalo.  Maybe we'll see him back eventually.

That is good that he can't give them any secrets or defensive keys we use that aren't on tape. 

Sucks he didn't get a job. Yeah maybe he comes back to us at some point.

11 hours ago, Silver&Black88 said:

Tyrell Adams failed his physical with Buffalo.  Maybe we'll see him back eventually.

Never really understood why we waived him for Bowman. He was playing decent for a rookie and was a part of the LB rotation. Figured Woodson or Calhoun would be the one to go for Bowman

20 minutes ago, riceman80 said:

Never really understood why we waived him for Bowman. He was playing decent for a rookie and was a part of the LB rotation. Figured Woodson or Calhoun would be the one to go for Bowman

First oodson had taken his spot on the depth chart in the few snaps they got and Woodson is a better STs player. Next it's about depth at positions. They had to lose one of the 4 ILBs. Not a OLB or DL or DB on the active roster to suit up the proper depth. Even if Adams was a better play. Add to that Adams can't pass a physical and the team seems to have known something we didn't.

10 minutes ago, NightTrainLane said:

First oodson had taken his spot on the depth chart in the few snaps they got and Woodson is a better STs player. Next it's about depth at positions. They had to lose one of the 4 ILBs. Not a OLB or DL or DB on the active roster to suit up the proper depth. Even if Adams was a better play. Add to that Adams can't pass a physical and the team seems to have known something we didn't.

1. Guess I missed that since Woodson has played 40 snaps all year compared to the 99 Adams played in the shorter time he was with us.

2. I understand the injury being reason for him being the choice but I think he offered more than the other 2 I mentioned. And clearly the coaching staff thought he offered more since he was playing nearly 25% of the defensive snaps.

3. Calhoun is trash and has played 10 snaps this year. Id hardly even call him depth. Id have rather seen him go easily. Unless our entire d-line goes down he won't be seeing the field and I'd rather have a spot go to someone whos unproven and earning snaps vs. someone who's simply a body just in case the improbable happens.

3 hours ago, riceman80 said:

1. Guess I missed that since Woodson has played 40 snaps all year compared to the 99 Adams played in the shorter time he was with us.

2. I understand the injury being reason for him being the choice but I think he offered more than the other 2 I mentioned. And clearly the coaching staff thought he offered more since he was playing nearly 25% of the defensive snaps.

3. Calhoun is trash and has played 10 snaps this year. Id hardly even call him depth. Id have rather seen him go easily. Unless our entire d-line goes down he won't be seeing the field and I'd rather have a spot go to someone whos unproven and earning snaps vs. someone who's simply a body just in case the improbable happens.

You did miss it because you are talking about total snaps when I said Woodson had TAKEN Adams spot. Which means Adams had it when he logged those snaps and then lost it to Woodson. Woodson played 40 snaps with James and Lee out vs SD and Adams played 1. The coaching staff did think Adams had more but his play convinced them he didn't and he was always worst in STs than Woodson. Therefore Adams is cut when we bring in Bowman.

Whether you'd call Calhoun depth or not, he is depth for both OLBs and DE. Adams can't play the position so it's pointless to even bring Calhoun into the discussion.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived